Week 5 College Football Thread

Moderator: studcrackers

Pacers_Freak
Starter
And1: 2,023

Week 5 College Football Thread 

Post#1 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Big slate of great same this weekend. Really looking forward to setting up multiple TVs and having a day.

Top 25 Matchups:
#12 West Virginia @ #25 Texas Tech
#4 Ohio State @ #9 Penn State
#7 Stanford @ #8 Notre Dame
#20 BYU @ #11 Washington
#19 Oregon @ #24 Cal

Unfortunately those last 4 games all kickoff on or after 7:30 est and will run up against each other.

Maybe it is time to fade the freak. Hey if I help the fine members of RealGM that is all that matters. The freak got rocked going 1-4 last weekend. That dropped the season record below .500 for the first time and we are now 9-11 on the season. This weeks picks:

Syracuse +25 @ Clemson
I don't think the Cuse is awful. Clemson is great. Lots of distractions there this week. Gimme the 25.

West Virginia -3.5 @ Tx Tech
Tx Tech is very improved. It will certainly be a hostile environment. I think Tx Tech is overhyped after beating OK State (who turned the ball over a lot). I think WV over comes the crowd and a confident team and wins by 2 scores on the road. I would love to see this come down to 3 by game time just in case.

Indiana -17 @ Rutgers
As a resident of the state I never thought I would be taking the Hoosiers -17 at home in a Big Ten game let alone on the road. Rutgers just got stomped at home by a MAC team. This is not your Daddy's Hoosiers. Rather impressed with the squad this year. Mich St game was closer than the score indicated. Hoosiers roll.

Michigan @ Northwestern +14
Michigan is good. But, I like Northwestern at home in this one. Think it is a low scoring ugly type of game. 17-13 ish. I'll take the 2 tds.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,090

Re: Week 5 College Football Thread 

Post#2 » by studcrackers » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:27 pm

Rough week of picks
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
El Turco
RealGM
And1: 18,961

Post#3 » by El Turco » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:04 am

That was close, luckily james franklin sucks
Lifelong Belgium fan!

TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 42,138

Post#4 » by bondom34 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:08 pm

Outplayed them and couldn't finish. Ugh.
FoundANewSlant wrote:it's really fundamental defensive flaws exhibited here by Westbrook, PG, and Adams that put Melo into vulnerable positions here yet you can't recognize or explain it.

So Paul George is the reason Carmelo Anthony struggled on defense all these years...
Pacers_Freak
Starter
And1: 2,023

Post#5 » by Pacers_Freak » Mon Oct 1, 2018 12:57 pm

3-1 against the spread this week. Shame on me for the IU one. I should know better.

Return to NCAA Football