conference realignment 2022 version

Moderator: studcrackers

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

conference realignment 2022 version 

Post#1 » by hermes » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:40 pm

we're back again, usc and ucla kick off this years edition by jumping to the big10 (as early as 2024). big10 is going to get a huge media deal out of this

the pac12 is probably going to try and patch the hole but if they do it will just delay what seems to be the endgame: super conferences. if they can't plug the hole (oregon and washington also jump to the big10, or the big12 tries to grab someone) the whole conference could break up and we'd have a scramble between the big10 and sec for the top teams and everyone else trying to patch together a conference
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Re: conference realignment 2022 version 

Post#2 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Oct 3, 2022 6:38 pm

The pac 12 has been jobbing us for years. We(USC) are getting out, and now this conference is gonna be dead
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
OzzyOzz
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#3 » by OzzyOzz » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:09 pm

Welp, it's 2023, but still...here goes it..

Colorado just jumped ship yesterday, that means WSU will stand with only 8 others, or less, in the foreseeable future. In the long future, consensus is that we are headed for a two conference system anyway...this is just the beginning towards that..

So, who is left?

WSU
UW
Oregon
OSU
Stanford
Arizona
ASU
Utah
Cal

...and, honestly...I think that if they just added one more team...go back to a pac 10, I'd favor UNLV...that'd be good for the next decade. 2 WA, Oregon, AZ teams...Name vs State, 2 cal teams, Private vs Public, 2 State schools, Nevada vs Utah..

That's enough. All regional...I'm not too sure why people want to add teams from Texas and what not..

The only issue is if Washington and Oregon don't hold their horses and just wait for the 2 conference system to be built...in which case the pac might just die off, which honestly would be better than diluting its tradition..

I imagine if they just add UNLV..eventually those Cal teams will come back lol. They made a mistake by going.

No offense but idk, no SDSU no SMU please no Fresno...these teams are also academic institutions too you know lol..
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#4 » by wco81 » Wed Aug 2, 2023 12:56 pm

Time zone and population density works against the PAC 12 at least in football.

SEC and Big 10 dominate in big media markets and most of the viewers are in the East Coast and Midwest.

They won’t stay up for games from the West Coast. UCLA and USC are saved because they’re in the #2 market in the country. Have to wonder though how they will do traveling 4-5 hours for all conference road games though.

PAC 12 has an offer from Apple on the table but the payments will only be based on subscriber numbers. I’m a Cal alum and I don’t watch college football or basketball. I was an NFL and NBA fan long before college. But in places like Columbus, Ann Arbor, Athens or Tuscaloosa, college football is everything.

Also the only thing, they don’t know much better the pro games are.

Whereas on the West Coast, Bay Area is a pro sports area. Sure Stanford and Cal but their ratings pale in comparison to 49ers and Warriors.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#5 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Sep 1, 2023 4:35 pm

When I think which teams should be in the Atlantic Coast Conference, Stanford and Cal are the two first schools that come to mind...

Return to NCAA Football