Week 14 (Conference Championship Week/Army-Navy)

Moderator: studcrackers

SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Week 14 (Conference Championship Week/Army-Navy) 

Post#1 » by SportsWorld » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:19 am

Game of the Week:
#1 Missouri vs #9 Oklahoma 8:00 PM Eastern on ABC (Big 12 Championship)

Championships
#7 LSU vs #14 Tennessee 4:00 PM Eastern on CBS (SEC Championship)
#11 Boston College vs #6 Virgina Tech 1:00 PM Eastern on ABC (ACC Championship)
#1 Missouri vs #9 Oklahoma 8:00 PM Eastern on ABC (Big 12 Championship)

Rivalries:
Army/Navy at Noon Eastern on CBS.
Cal/Standford at 7:00 PM Eastern (Probably on FSN)
UCLA at #8 USC 4:30 Eastern on ABC

Others:
Washington at #12 Hawaii 11:30 Eastern
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#2 » by KingInExile » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:20 am

This is Civil War Weekend (Oregon State at #18 Oregon) as well, which will be on ESPN2. Even if the game is at Autzen, the Ducks will be roasted...

Duck a l'Orange...mmmmm, sounds like a mighty tasty feast for Saturday dinner.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#3 » by A.J. » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:44 am

the only games imma be watching is the championship games.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,312

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:07 am

A.J.
Banned User

Post#5 » by A.J. » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:11 am

hey, how do you put the link under the words?
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,574

Post#6 » by El Turco » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:21 am

you forgot to mention WVU-Pittsburgh game. its somewhat important game i would say. I ll be praying for Pitt and Oklahoma.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#7 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:28 am

KingInExile wrote:This is Civil War Weekend (Oregon State at #18 Oregon) as well, which will be on ESPN2. Even if the game is at Autzen, the Ducks will be roasted...

Duck a l'Orange...mmmmm, sounds like a mighty tasty feast for Saturday dinner.

If dinner is to be served, it will be 5th-string Duck...the taste will be quite bitter and will make you crave 1st-string, a taste no one but Cal has tasted all year.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
SportsWorld
RealGM

Post#8 » by SportsWorld » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:36 am

ElTurco wrote:you forgot to mention WVU-Pittsburgh game. its somewhat important game i would say. I ll be praying for Pitt and Oklahoma.

If Ohio State gets into the BCS Championship game the Illini will most likely earn a Rose Bowl bid :D
Go Pitt and Oklahoma :pray:
A.J.
Banned User

Post#9 » by A.J. » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:40 am

SportsWorld wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If Ohio State gets into the BCS Championship game the Illini will most likely earn a Rose Bowl bid :D

illinois deserve it.

crap, demarco murray is out for the season.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#10 » by studcrackers » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:55 am

why is the Pac-10 smart enough to not finish there season in the middle of november and the big 10 isnt?
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
KingInExile
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4

Post#11 » by KingInExile » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:01 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If dinner is to be served, it will be 5th-string Duck...the taste will be quite bitter and will make you crave 1st-string, a taste no one but Cal has tasted all year.
Any Civil War win on the road is sweet...no matter what the ingredients are.
This space needs to be filled with a new sig...but I'm too lazy to make one.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:40 am

What will be sweet is if Oregon finds a way to win. And I'm not counting the Ducks out of this one.

Even with a fifth-string offense on the field, it shouldn't take much for our highly susceptible (yet unbreakable!) defense to force turnovers out of your first-string offense (with or without Yvenson Bernard...we've slowed him down before). Conditions for the game will likely be dreadful.

All Oregon has to do is accrue 10 points on offense (which is possible) and score a defensive touchdown while holding OSCC's offense to no more than a touchdown. It'll be a worse game than MNF tonight but the Ducks can pull this out and make Mike Riley look like the damned fool he is.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,574

Post#13 » by El Turco » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:32 am

As much as Illinois deserve it, head to head is the tie breaker in Big Ten, so they ll be sending michigan.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,099

Post#14 » by High 5 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:26 pm

If Missouri loses I think a USC/UGA Rose Bowl match-up is a real possibility. The Rose Bowl is very interested in getting an SEC team and I think USC/UGA would be the most intriguing match-up of all the bowls. Both teams didn't have a very good first half but turned it on in the second half.

I know I'd love to play USC. If we were able to beat them it would give us a nice boost in national exposure (which would be huge for recruiting even though we already have the #2 ranked class) and it would shut up a lot of USC fans I know. Unfortunately I lost some of the confidence I had in our team after the first half of the GT game.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:35 pm

Georgia/USC would be a fun matchup for sure but I like the Trojans in a hypothetical. They have the manpower to slow down Knowshon and keep Massaquoi at bay, and I'm not sure Stafford's the most creative quarterback in the land.
High 5
RealGM

Post#16 » by High 5 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:41 pm

It would certainly take a great game for Georgia to win, no one expected them to be in this position with one of the youngest teams in the country. That inexperience makes for some maddening inconsistency.

But what do you mean "I'm not sure Stafford's the most creative quarterback in the land?" He occasionally has problems with accuracy and overthrows (in large part because he's too confident in his arm), but he's as talented and as capable as any QB in the country.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:56 pm

He has definitely shown that. But USC is so good at getting into the backfield that a lot of plays will be broken. Oregon was fortunate that Dixon was around for that game because his execution was flawless and he could turn a broken play into a gain more often than not. Stafford would be seriously put to the test.
mizzoupacers
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12

Post#18 » by mizzoupacers » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Since Missouri lost earlier in the year to Oklahoma, we deserve to be "underdogs." I like our chances, though.

We won't be missing our top running back this time (without Temple, I think we were held to about 50 yards rushing in Norman).

This game is in San Antonio instead of Norman, and I'll bet most of the crowd will be on our side--Texans hate the Sooners--unless those damned Lone-Star Staters all got rich by scalping their tickets to Oklahoma crazy people.

And I don't think our offense will hand them two touchdowns in the fourth quarter again--we're a better team now than we were in October.

Well, we'll see what happens. It's pretty fun to be playing in all these big games for the first time in about forty years.
High 5
RealGM

Post#19 » by High 5 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:24 pm

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:He has definitely shown that. But USC is so good at getting into the backfield that a lot of plays will be broken. Oregon was fortunate that Dixon was around for that game because his execution was flawless and he could turn a broken play into a gain more often than not. Stafford would be seriously put to the test.

Well, we just played arguably the best team at getting in the backfield (the best statistically) and he struggled at the beginning, but once he got into the flow of the game he was great. We do have three freshmen on the OL so I'd expect him to be tested again, but he has shown the ability to adjust and his running ability is extremely underrated. He has had two great TD runs in the last two weeks alone.

And we are a running team first and foremost. When one back is struggling we can bring the other in to change it up a bit. People don't know much about Thomas Brown, but when he's healthy he's a great player.

Of course, all this talk is meaningless if we don't even get the match-up. I just hope we can avoid the garbage ACC.
SportsWorld
RealGM

Post#20 » by SportsWorld » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:38 pm

ElTurco wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

As much as Illinois deserve it, head to head is the tie breaker in Big Ten, so they ll be sending michigan.

They wouldn't put Michigan in because Michigan is not even located on the BCS standings. It's between Wisconsin and Illinois and Illinois beat Wisconsin earlier in the year.

Return to NCAA Football