Blair Walsh
Bears

Bench
Gio Bernard
Mike Wallace
Tavon Austin
Rudolph
Vereen

If Gio Bernard breaks out, you'll be in good shape. Great bench RB's and WR's.

I'm trying (have to beat the waivers) to add Cordarelle Patterson and drop Stephen Hill. I thought Holmes would miss a few weeks but I doubt he misses more than one week. I thought about dropping Pettigrew but I think he's poised to surprise and I think Heyward-Bey has a lot of love coming from everyone that is coaching him.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Re: OT: Fantasy Football? 

Post#64 » by j4remi » Fri Sep 6, 2013 1:16 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:Remi is your league a ppr?

Yes it is, that's why I grabbed Sproles with confidence.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#65 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Fri Sep 6, 2013 2:40 pm

j4remi wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:Remi is your league a ppr?

Yes it is, that's why I grabbed Sproles with confidence.

Excellent choice.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,991

Post#66 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Sep 6, 2013 5:20 pm

j4remi wrote:Funny thing, I have the best RB core in the league based on projections. Sproles and Mendenhall were both the best available when I snagged 'em. I'm also figuring that Ivory will get goal line reps and possibly take the starting slot back in due time. Depending on how these guys look, I may try to flip Vick for an upgrade in my receivers or running game...assuming Vick starts off hot.

Again, what is the league size?

AP & Sproles is a nice start, but Mendy(Ari line is awful,) and Ivory(Jets are a mess) will disappoint. I'm only suggesting you pickup a lotto ticket. You can drop your extra TE.

My favorite lotto ticket this year: Lance Dunbar
. I already rostered him in this free league of ours...so I will share. This is an eerily similar situation you had with Felix Jones and Murray 2 years ago. Injury prone starter with a very talented, hungry youngster behind him.

If you have room for him, I recommend everybody snag him.

greenhughes wrote:RB is a weak position this season.

Yes, and no. While it seems there's less "bell cows" these days, after the top 4 guys, there's another 10-12 that can easily be top 10 backs this year.

Remember everybody: THESE ARE MY OPINIONS. :lol:
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#67 » by BKAY » Fri Sep 6, 2013 5:24 pm

Moose wrote:Anyone know good football draft guides. One I found was on thefantasyfix com. Looks good, but any others? Looking mainly online.

Fantasypros.com has a bunch of draft primers and a decent pay for draft assistant.

FFtoolbox.com has been my go to for years. Great and pretty consistently accurate info on there.

And reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball is awesome too
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#68 » by j4remi » Fri Sep 6, 2013 5:45 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:
j4remi wrote:Funny thing, I have the best RB core in the league based on projections. Sproles and Mendenhall were both the best available when I snagged 'em. I'm also figuring that Ivory will get goal line reps and possibly take the starting slot back in due time. Depending on how these guys look, I may try to flip Vick for an upgrade in my receivers or running game...assuming Vick starts off hot.

Again, what is the league size?

AP & Sproles is a nice start, but Mendy(Ari line is awful,) and Ivory(Jets are a mess) will disappoint. I'm only suggesting you pickup a lotto ticket. You can drop your extra TE.

My favorite lotto ticket this year: Lance Dunbar
. I already rostered him in this free league of ours...so I will share. This is an eerily similar situation you had with Felix Jones and Murray 2 years ago. Injury prone starter with a very talented, hungry youngster behind him.

If you have room for him, I recommend ever body snag him.

greenhughes wrote:RB is a weak position this season.

Yes, and no. While it seems there's less "bell cows" these days, after the top 4 guys, there's another 10-12 that can easily be top 10 backs this year.

Remember everybody: THESE ARE MY OPINIONS. :lol:

You had the parameters right which is why I didn't correct it. I took Bell because of the same considerations you gave Dunbar, injury prone starter ahead of him and seems hungry...plus he can catch the ball. He's an all purpose back that's not getting love because he has an all purpose back ahead of him. Mendy is a question mark but I think Ivory has a ton of upside because a) The Jets confirmed he's their goal line back so TD's are his, b) the Jets O-Line has potential to actually be pretty good this year and c) with a rookie QB they'll be looking to establish the run and use it to protect possession.

I can see how you'd read the situations differently and I'm always open to advice and new perceptions so don't take this as me arguing or denying your input. Dunbar is on my watch list now 8-) ...but my own interpretation on the squad I have is that my WR situation is the biggest if.

Sidenote on why I'm holding Pettigrew, I think he'll have a much better season than last year and I want some insurance in case Gonzalez looks his age. If one of them is good early, I'll drop the other for depth at a bigger points position...if both are good, I'll try to flip one for depth (and the TE situation for some teams makes me think I can snag some really unbalanced trades in that case)...if they both suck, I'm in some trouble :lol: ...but basically, I'm hoping to turn Pettigrew into a quality piece after he proves last year was an aberration.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

NY2k1
Starter
And1: 810

Post#69 » by NY2k1 » Fri Sep 6, 2013 5:47 pm

Joined a 10 team league, standard scoring (non-ppr). Paid league as well. Rate my team:

QB: Matt Ryan
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Cecil Shorts
RB: Lesean Mccoy
RB: Matt Forte
TE: Jason Witten
D/ST: Arizona
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:
RB: Ryan Matthews (edited)
RB: Montee Ball
WR: Stevie Johnson
WR: Vincent Brown
WR: Denarius Moore
TE: Brandon Myers
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#70 » by E-Balla » Fri Sep 6, 2013 5:51 pm

Demaryius Thomas, the Broncos Defense, and Ray Rice (71 all purpose yards, 1 TD, 12 points) are going to get me that 1-0 start.

Still wondering if I'll start Vick or Luck though. Leaning towards Vick since there's no scouting report on this offense yet.

Also one of my friends played Peyton (and Wes) this week. I got a text at 11 of him cursing up a storm.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Sep 6, 2013 6:20 pm

j4remi wrote:You had the parameters right which is why I didn't correct it. I took Bell because of the same considerations you gave Dunbar, injury prone starter ahead of him and seems hungry...plus he can catch the ball. He's an all purpose back that's not getting love because he has an all purpose back ahead of him. Mendy is a question mark but I think Ivory has a ton of upside because a) The Jets confirmed he's their goal line back so TD's are his, b) the Jets O-Line has potential to actually be pretty good this year and c) with a rookie QB they'll be looking to establish the run and use it to protect possession.

I can see how you'd read the situations differently and I'm always open to advice and new perceptions so don't take this as me arguing or denying your input. Dunbar is on my watch list now 8-) ...but my own interpretation on the squad I have is that my WR situation is the biggest if.

Sidenote on why I'm holding Pettigrew, I think he'll have a much better season than last year and I want some insurance in case Gonzalez looks his age. If one of them is good early, I'll drop the other for depth at a bigger points position...if both are good, I'll try to flip one for depth (and the TE situation for some teams makes me think I can snag some really unbalanced trades in that case)...if they both suck, I'm in some trouble :lol: ...but basically, I'm hoping to turn Pettigrew into a quality piece after he proves last year was an aberration.

Actually, Reggie Bush has been surprisingly durable the last 2 years, but Bell is definitely talented enough to make a splash if he gets the chance.

Are far as WR's go, I never get to worried about depth there because there always seem to be some nice waiver grabs every year. You gotta' be quick, and pray you have a high waiver priority though...like I did last year with Cobb. :cheesygrin:

Seems like your a man with a plan, and wish you success. :beer:
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Sep 6, 2013 6:30 pm

NY2k1 wrote:Joined a 10 team league, standard scoring (non-ppr). Paid league as well. Rate my team:

QB: Matt Ryan
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Cecil Shorts
RB: Lesean Mccoy
RB: Matt Forte
TE: Jason Witten
D/ST: Arizona
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:
RB: Ryan Matthews (edited)
RB: Montee Ball
WR: Stevie Johnson
WR: Vincent Brown
WR: Denarius Moore
TE: Brandon Myers

Much to like here. :thumbsup:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#73 » by j4remi » Fri Sep 6, 2013 6:31 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:
j4remi wrote:You had the parameters right which is why I didn't correct it. I took Bell because of the same considerations you gave Dunbar, injury prone starter ahead of him and seems hungry...plus he can catch the ball. He's an all purpose back that's not getting love because he has an all purpose back ahead of him. Mendy is a question mark but I think Ivory has a ton of upside because a) The Jets confirmed he's their goal line back so TD's are his, b) the Jets O-Line has potential to actually be pretty good this year and c) with a rookie QB they'll be looking to establish the run and use it to protect possession.

Actually, Reggie Bush has been surprisingly durable the last 2 years, but Bell is definitely talented enough to make a splash if he gets the chance.

Are far as WR's go, I never get to worried about depth there because there always seem to be some nice waiver grabs every year. You gotta' be quick, and pray you have a high waiver priority though...like I did last year with Cobb. :cheesygrin:

Seems like your a man with a plan, and wish you success. :beer:

Cheers fam...any suggestion on who I should start at the flex spot this Sunday? I'm struggling to decide.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Sep 6, 2013 6:35 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:Aaron Rodgers
Mcfadden
Ridley
Megatron
Boldin
Torrey Smith
Julius Thomas
Blair Walsh
Bears

Bench
Gio Bernard
Mike Wallace
Tavon Austin
Rudolph
Vereen

Broheim, I like everybody except DMC. He was on my 'do not draft' list this year...and the year before too. 8-)
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#75 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Sep 6, 2013 6:54 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:My 14 team league. Pick 8

QB- Kaepernick
HB Alfres Morris (wish he caught better and can duplicate rookie season)
WR: Andre Johnson
Flex: Lamar Miller
Te:Owen Daniels
K: Vinateri
D: Broncos/Dolphins (Fins gunna have sick D)

Bench

QB: Dude from Tampa, name slipping. Solid Qb
HB: Lamar Miller/Fred Davis/Danny Woodhead/Knowshaun Marino
WR: TY Hilton/Mike Williams/Andre Roberts

I have a sick Recieving core. 1HB/2Wr/1 flex

I'm a dolphins fan and think Lamar is going to light it up this year. Got him in the 4th round and I was lucky. Kapernick was the QB I was targeting and got him 5th round.

I was going to pick Mike Williams over TY Hilton, but he shared a bye week with a starter. Then he dropped to me in the next round and took him on value alone.

Rate my draft. 8th pick 14 person league. Ppr.

Thoughts on my team? I may drop a HB for a second TE. Fleener is somone I might snatch up if he has a good first week. That dude from the Colts looks like a good option as well if he hasn't bee. Snagged already.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Sep 6, 2013 6:58 pm

j4remi wrote:Cheers fam...any suggestion on who I should start at the flex spot this Sunday? I'm struggling to decide.

Aww man, I hate giving flex help because I always feel bad if I'm wrong. :lol:

You got 3 choices it seems:
Mendy: his line sucks, and the Rams D is very good.
Ivory: Tampa D is no joke, very stout against the run too.
DHB: WR2 on a passing O, nice QB, against a horrendous Oakland D.

The only downside to going DHB, is if it's a blowout(likely) they will pound it most of the second half.
gk05
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#77 » by gk05 » Fri Sep 6, 2013 7:08 pm

What is the consensus on ppr scoring vs regular method? Is one more used than the other?
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#78 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Sep 6, 2013 7:10 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:My 14 team league. Pick 8

QB- Kaepernick
HB Alfres Morris (wish he caught better and can duplicate rookie season)
WR: Andre Johnson
Flex: Lamar Miller
Te:Owen Daniels
K: Vinateri
D: Broncos/Dolphins (Fins gunna have sick D)

Bench

QB: Dude from Tampa, name slipping. Solid Qb Josh Freeman
HB: Lamar Miller/Fred Davis/Danny Woodhead/Knowshaun Marino
WR: TY Hilton/Mike Williams/Andre Roberts

I have a sick Recieving core. 1HB/2Wr/1 flex

I'm a dolphins fan and think Lamar is going to light it up this year. Got him in the 4th round and I was lucky. Kapernick was the QB I was targeting and got him 5th round.

I was going to pick Mike Williams over TY Hilton, but he shared a bye week with a starter. Then he dropped to me in the next round and took him on value alone.

Rate my draft. 8th pick 14 person league. Ppr.

Thoughts on my team? I may drop a HB for a second TE. Fleener is somone I might snatch up if he has a good first week. That dude from the Colts looks like a good option as well if he hasn't bee. Snagged already.

Not bad, first thing I'd do is drop Freeman and snag Helu to handcuff Alf, if he's still sitting on the waiver wire.

I like Miller as a flex play...very much, and I think the Dolphins will be much improved this year. The D will be very good, but they also have a pretty tough schedule, so tying up a roster spot for them is a gamble. Knowshon...the jury is still out, I feel Ball will eventually be the starter.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,453

Post#79 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Sep 6, 2013 8:43 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:Aaron Rodgers
Mcfadden
Ridley
Megatron
Boldin
Torrey Smith
Julius Thomas
Blair Walsh
Bears

Bench
Gio Bernard
Mike Wallace
Tavon Austin
Rudolph
Vereen

Broheim, I like everybody except DMC. He was on my 'do not draft' list this year...and the year before too. 8-)

Yeah.. I think I drafted him in the 3rd round.. I had a late drafting spot in the draft.. he had by far the most upside out of the backs left.. but there is always a ton of risk with Mcfadden... I'll hedge him by picking up Jennings after week 1 or 2.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Sep 6, 2013 10:46 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:Yeah.. I think I drafted him in the 3rd round.. I had a late drafting spot in the draft.. he had by far the most upside out of the backs left.. but there is always a ton of risk with Mcfadden... I'll hedge him by picking up Jennings after week 1 or 2.

Yup, obviously you went Mega & A.Rod(or vice versa) on the back end, and had to wait forever for your 3rd pick. DMC is a nightmare to own. When he's healthy he'll reel off a few stinkers in a row, and when you finally bench him...he breaks out. Hope it works out for you, my man...good luck.

Return to Fantasy Football