Rate My Team Thread

Moderator: MadNESS

Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 78

Re: Rate My Team Thread 

Post#41 » by Maritimer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:40 pm

MilTownBucks wrote:Just finished up a draft.
10 team-non PPR. 2nd pick (Foster)

QB: Matt Ryan, Andrew Dalton
RB: Arian Foster, Chris Johnson, Darren McFadden, Shane Vereen, Ahmad Bradshaw
WR: AJ Green, Randall Cobb, Pierre Garcon (a disconnected autodraft, so i went with it) TY Hilton
TE: Kyle Rudolph, Coby Fleener
K: Blair Walsh
DEF: New England

I shrug my shoulders and see what happens...how many do the same?

How many starters? Flex?

Love your WRs. You have a WR3 and WR4 with WR1 and WR2 upside, but don't need to rely on them. I don't love McFadden, but you can't argue with him as your 3rd RB (I'm guessing as a 5th round pick?). A couple random thoughts:
- Bradshaw is going to blow up in Week 1 against the Raiders. Look to trade him before week 2. He's in a decent situation, but given his foot injuries I don't expect him to be a 20 touch RB all season long. Don't make a trade for the sake of it, obviously, but if you can use him to pull off a 2 for 1 that upgrades you somewhere then do it (say, McFadden and Bradshaw for a better RB).
- Unless most teams in your league are carrying backups TEs (thus killing the waiver wire depth), I wouldn't bother backing up Rudolph. Most TEs are "just guys" for now. As you can tell from my other posts, I'd rather use the bench spot on an upside RB/WR. Same goes for QB, unless (a) everyone else is carrying a backup, (b) it's a 2 QB league, or (c) you can use QB in your flex.
On LeBron not committing fouls:
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#42 » by Maritimer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:46 pm

Jake0890 wrote:Here's my team I just drafted. Non-PPR, 2-QB league.
QB: Aaron Rodgers
QB: Tony Romo
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Steven Jackson
WR: Roddy White
WR: Vincent Jackson
TE: Greg Olsen
FLEX: Reggie Wayne
D/ST: Patriots
K: Robbie Gould

BE: RB: Montee Ball
BE: WR: Dwyane Bowe
BE: WR: Jordy Nelson
BE: QB: Jay Cutler
BE: RB: Chris Ivory

Tell me how I did, I guess. Quite honestly, I'm not thrilled about my team this year.

Even in a 10 team league, I'd say you did well. All 4 of your bench RB/WRs are flex worthy if not better. Some analysts are looking at Bowe as a potential WR1 because of Andy Reid. I think that's far too optimistic, but he's going to have a better year than Wayne, and even then is CRAZY value as your 3rd WR.

Just as the other guy above me in a 2 QB league, you managed to nail down two top 12 QBs (and 3 in the top 20) and still got RBs and WRs you should be happy with in a standard league. Once the bye weeks pass, you're set up well to trade -- someone is going to need Cutler for their other QB spot.
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by Maritimer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:04 pm

~73aLL372~ wrote:Hey, this was my first year doing fantasy. Tell me how I did...

QB: Russell Wilson
WR: Jordy Nelson
RB: Marshawn Lynch
TE: Jimmy Graham
W/R: Le'Veon Bell
WR: Cecil Shorts
RB: Mark Ingram
WR: Emmanuel Sanders
WR: Vincent Brown
QB: Josh Freeman
K: Matt Prater
Defense: San Francisco

Thanks for the input!

Number of teams? Scoring system? If it's a 10 team standard league, you did OK for a first go around.

- You're going to be frustrated with your WRs this year, I think. Vincent Jackson always finishes the year with good numbers but you NEVER know when you're getting a 20+ point game or a 4 point game. After that, you've got 4 dice rolls at a WR2, and for the first couple weeks it may be frustrating trying to figure who to start. That said, I like the chances that one of Shorts or Sanders becomes a 1000 yard/6 TD guy.

- Your top 2 RBs are solid, but the Bell injury may have you scrambling a bit for RB depth at the start of the year. No real fix for this, since the waiver wire is going to be thin. That said, keep an eye on things in Denver. It's very possible Knowshon Moreno gets the week 1 start, since he's the only RB on the team who knows how to pass block, and it's very possible he's still on your waiver wire since they're still talking about him as the 3rd RB. If you're rolling your eyes, keep this in mind -- he started the last 6 games of the year last year, averaged 14 points a game in standard scoring leagues in those games, had at least 11 in 5 of them and still got 8 points in the other game. If he starts, drop Freeman for him and start him as your flex.

- I honestly still have trouble buying Russell WIlson as a top 10 QB, but that's a personal preference thing more than "expert opinion" (which I am certainly not).

This is the trade off in drafting Jimmy Graham (I'm guessing in the 2nd round) -- every other position feels like you'd want to draft one round higher. Trust your gut, though, and see how things play out.
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by Maritimer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:08 pm

ChronicKerr wrote:Nice Thread! How'd I do? 12 team PPR league. QB's are worth more as we do .5 points per completion and -.5 points per incompletion along with 6 points per TD. QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, Flex, TE

QB: Brady
WR: Cruz
WR: Jordy Nelson
WR: Miles Austin
RB: Marshawn Lynch
RB: Matt Forte
Flex: Chris Ivory
TE: Jason Witten
Def: San Fran
BEN: Malcom Floyd
BEN: Michael Floyd
BEN: Jonathan Stewart
BEN: Jonathan Dwyer
BEN: Cordarrelle Patterson

I've never played in 12 team league, only 10, so my value judgement is always off when it comes to 12-teamers. That said, I would agree with BB -- your RBs are solid (Forte shouldn't have been available to you as a RB2 in a PPR league), your WRs might make you go grey, but you've got some boom potential on your bench in Mi. Floyd and Patterson. Not big on Malcolm Floyd this year, even as a bench flyer. The Chargers are moving to a quick hit offense -- more 3 and 5 step drops for Rivers, fewer 7 step drops where he flings it down the field. They're trying to compensate for very shaky O-line play and instead playing up Rivers skills in making good quick reads. As a downfield leaper, that could kill whatever upside Floyd had left.
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by Maritimer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:17 pm

djvudoo wrote:Please rate my team. This was a 14 team PPR league. I was pick 13. That late, my options were limited in rbs. I just decided to load up on the 2 best WRs after Megatron.

Romo
Dez Bryant
AJ Green
E. Sanders
S. Vareen
Sproles
J. Cook

Bench:
Hartline
Josh Gordon
Kembrell Thompkins
Woodhead
Gronk

GREAT WRs in a 14 teamer. Holy crap. Plus Gronk and Cook? Damn. Don't worry about your RBs. You have a PPR stud in Sproles, Vareen has some upside, and you can trade for a RB if you need to from your WR depth. In fact, the Kembrell Thompkins love has gotten SO crazy that it might be worth seeing who's willing to give up what for him right now. I saw him go at the start of round 8 last night in a 10 team standard league, which is insane. As a thought, see if you can sucker the Gio Bernard owner into making a deal (say Thompkins+Woodhead for Gio and another less heralded boom/bust WR).
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Maritimer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:18 pm

That's it for me for now. Have to actually do some work to day. :)
j-smooth
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#47 » by j-smooth » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Maritimer wrote:
j-smooth wrote:14 Team PPR League

QB- Big Ben
RB - Stevan Ridley
WR - Megatron
WR - Dez Bryant
WR/TE - Roddy White
TE - Gronk (Housler for now)
QB/RB/WR/TE - Alex Smith

Coming away with three of the top 7 WR i think i made a killing. Was offered Ray Rice for Dez Bryant. What do you guys think?

Do you really only start one RB? Also, surely there's someone other than Housler out there at TE. Isn't he injured?
In a PPR league with normal starting slots, I'd pull the trigger on that trade in a heartbeat. However, if you can use QB as a flex and only have one starting RB slot, then RBs become significantly devalued.

Who are your backups?

Bench
RB Fred Jackson
RB Giovani Bernard
WR Denarius Moore
WR Ryan Broyles

Yeah there is only one RB slot and one SuperFlex position. Bent Celek is my TE for now till Gronk comes back in week 4. Thanks for the reply.
Via iPhone (sorry if there are misspelled words or grammatical errors)
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Maritimer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:41 pm

K, don't do the trade. You're looking at starting Ridley/Bryant vs. Rice/Moore (I guess) with Ridley demoted to the bench. Different story if more players are involved.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#49 » by Jake0890 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:54 pm

Oh, and here's my team for another league I play in. Non-PPR. 10 man league. I like this team a whole lot better than the other one I posted.

QB: Peyton Manning
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Eric Decker
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Stevan Ridley
TE: Fred Davis
W/R: Frank Gore
W/R: Darren McFadden
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Baltimore

Bench
WR: T.Y. Hilton
RB: Andre Brown
WR: Sidney Rice
RB: Isaac Redman
WR: Denarius Moore
QB: Joe Flacco
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#50 » by Jake0890 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:57 pm

Maritimer wrote:

Tell me how I did, I guess. Quite honestly, I'm not thrilled about my team this year.

Even in a 10 team league, I'd say you did well. All 4 of your bench RB/WRs are flex worthy if not better. Some analysts are looking at Bowe as a potential WR1 because of Andy Reid. I think that's far too optimistic, but he's going to have a better year than Wayne, and even then is CRAZY value as your 3rd WR.

Just as the other guy above me in a 2 QB league, you managed to nail down two top 12 QBs (and 3 in the top 20) and still got RBs and WRs you should be happy with in a standard league. Once the bye weeks pass, you're set up well to trade -- someone is going to need Cutler for their other QB spot.

Thanks for the response.

My big worry is LeSean McCoy. He was absolute garbage last year (although he played under Reid) and though I assume Chip Kelly runs the ball 10x more, you can never really be sure. If he flops again like last season, I could be in real trouble.
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by Maritimer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:54 pm

It's a concern, but no less a concern than Foster's age and miles, Charles' health, Spiller's ability to be a feature back and no decent QB, whether Martin can repeat in his sophmore year (doubt we see too many 50 point games this year), etc.

He's a proven elite fantasy RB in an offense that will actually use him as a focal point (which Reid always seemed to refuse to do). If the new offense fails, then yea you're in trouble, but if those concerns weren't there he never would have fallen to you.
TheRealistGM
Veteran
And1: 849

Post#52 » by TheRealistGM » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:23 am

Maritimer wrote:

I honestly dont see how that team is even remotely possible to draft. 4 Starting running backs, picked up the top back with your last bench selection... and at the same time drafted 2 QBs that are roughly in the top 10, and drafted Roddy White, Vincent Jackson, Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Bowe, Jordy Nelson and still got whats approximately a top 5 defence in the pats...Ummm what?

I dont wanna call ****, but come on.
TheRealistGM
Veteran
And1: 849

Post#53 » by TheRealistGM » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:38 am

16 team PPR league..boy do you run of players to draft near the end lol
1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 wr/rb, 1 k, 1 def

QB- Vick, Alex Smith
RBs- Ray Rice, S Jackson, Ryan Mathews, Vick Ballard, Bryce Brown
WRs- Fitz, Hilton, Givens, Vincent Brown
TE- Dwayne Allen
K- Dan Bailey
DEF- Seattle, TB (couldnt find anyone else to draft so picked up the bucs hoping they would do great first week or two, and i can sell em off to someone thats desperate)
bulldogcharly
Junior
And1: 6

Post#54 » by bulldogcharly » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:43 am

Jake0890 wrote:Oh, and here's my team for another league I play in. Non-PPR. 10 man league. I like this team a whole lot better than the other one I posted.

QB: Peyton Manning
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Eric Decker
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Stevan Ridley
TE: Fred Davis
W/R: Frank Gore
W/R: Darren McFadden
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Baltimore

Bench
WR: T.Y. Hilton
RB: Andre Brown
WR: Sidney Rice
RB: Isaac Redman
WR: Denarius Moore
QB: Joe Flacco

This team could really go either way. I personally am not a huge fan of this team. As much as I love Foster and as much as he's saved me the past two years in fantasy, I feel like he won't have as good of a year this year as people think. That being said, he's still going to be a top 7 back in fantasy IMO. I think Ridley will do well, but I'm not that high on him either. Gore is getting up there in years so don't be surprised if he has an off year as well. And DMC could be a steal if he actually stays healthy, but he's failed to do that once in his career yet so I'm not too optimistic.

Peyton will be good so you're solid at QB and I like Julio Jones, but I'm not really sure about Decker. When Decker does have a big game, you're gonna love it since you have Peyton as well, but they have Welker and Thomas who I think will be targeted more than Decker.

Your bench has gotten worse now that Brown has a fractured leg, but Hilton could surprise a lot of people this year and become Luck's go to guy instead of Wayne.

Your team is decent, but it has a lot of iffy players. You never know though, this team could be beastly if Foster and Ridley are at about the same level as last year and DMC stays healthy.
Spoiler:
<3Kobe<3
NW7
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#55 » by NW7 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:48 pm

TheRealistGM wrote:16 team PPR league..boy do you run of players to draft near the end lol
1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 wr/rb, 1 k, 1 def

QB- Vick, Alex Smith
RBs- Ray Rice, S Jackson, Ryan Mathews, Vick Ballard, Bryce Brown
WRs- Fitz, Hilton, Givens, Vincent Brown
TE- Dwayne Allen
K- Dan Bailey
DEF- Seattle, TB (couldnt find anyone else to draft so picked up the bucs hoping they would do great first week or two, and i can sell em off to someone thats desperate)

I like this team quite a lot.

For a 16 team league you have some nasty RB's. Rice is a PPR monster and I expect SJax to be a huge player for PPR in that Falcons offense. I'm not the biggest fan of Ryan Mathews, but as your 3rd RB in a 16 team league that is pretty great.

WR is rather solid too. I expect to see a big bounce back season from Fitzgerald. I think Hilton and Givens are solid WR but complete risks as your WR#2. Givens is someone that I'm more high on then others, but you can't ignore the risk due to his reliance on the "big play". I'm not as high on Hilton as others are just because I think DHB could take away some of his opportunities but I still think he'll be productive. Vincent Brown is a good risk and might end up being San Diego's best WR, which is worth something I guess.

I'm not as big of a fan of Dwayne Allen, but I guess his upside is similar to the 10 or so TE's in the 7-17 range in most rankings.

QB is obviously your riskiest position, but I like the two players you nabbed. Vick as we all know has crazy upside so that's a move that could pay off for you, whereas Alex Smith is nothing sexy but should get you the 14-18 points on a consistent basis.

Out of curiosity, what pick did you have in your draft? Hard to believe you snagged both Steven Jackson and Ray Rice in a 16 team league.
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Maritimer » Sun Sep 1, 2013 12:23 am

That's a REALLY nice 16 team league. Even the guys you got at the end are arguably rosterable in a 10 teamer.
collado1121
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#57 » by collado1121 » Mon Sep 2, 2013 10:46 pm

Heres mine.

I had 4th pick overall, 10 man. I think I did pretty good. The guys I was playing with picked up QB's and whatnots too high. [#] is round i picked up

QB. Cam Newton [5]
RB. Jamaal Charles [1]
RB. Chris Johnson [3]
WR. Larry Fitzgerald [4]
WR. Dez Bryant [2]
Flex- Darren Sproles [6] -
TE - Rob Gronkowski [7]
Def: Bears Defense
K: Prater

BE: RB Lamar Miller [8]
BE: TE Brandon Meyers
BE: WR Mike Williams
BE: TE Zach Sudfeld
BE: RB Knowshon Moreno
BE: WR Emmanuel Sanders
BE: QB Carson Palmer
BE: WR Robert Woods
BE: K Mike Nugen

Took Dez earlier only because the guys were saying they wanted him so I had the chance to get him.

Took Chris Johnson round 3, Notable RB's left were MJD, and Ridley

For my first pick i was contemplating with Jamaal Charles, or Ray Rice, or even Trent Richardson. I think I should of went with TR...

I got Gronk just because i think he can come back good.

Sudfeld is a 6'7 big guy who can catch and read a lot that he is the TE sleeper, so I snagged him and can rotate.

Brandon Meyers can be a good point pusher as well.

overall I think Ill be doing good.

i give myself a 7.5/10

Thoughts?
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#58 » by Jake0890 » Mon Sep 2, 2013 11:45 pm

collado1121 wrote:Heres mine.

I had 4th pick overall, 10 man. I think I did pretty good. The guys I was playing with picked up QB's and whatnots too high. [#] is round i picked up

QB. Cam Newton [5]
RB. Jamaal Charles [1]
RB. Chris Johnson [3]
WR. Larry Fitzgerald [4]
WR. Dez Bryant [2]
Flex- Darren Sproles [6] -
TE - Rob Gronkowski [7]
Def: Bears Defense
K: Prater

BE: RB Lamar Miller [8]
BE: TE Brandon Meyers
BE: WR Mike Williams
BE: TE Zach Sudfeld
BE: RB Knowshon Moreno
BE: WR Emmanuel Sanders
BE: QB Carson Palmer
BE: WR Robert Woods
BE: K Mike Nugen

Took Dez earlier only because the guys were saying they wanted him so I had the chance to get him.

Took Chris Johnson round 3, Notable RB's left were MJD, and Ridley

For my first pick i was contemplating with Jamaal Charles, or Ray Rice, or even Trent Richardson. I think I should of went with TR...

I got Gronk just because i think he can come back good.

Sudfeld is a 6'7 big guy who can catch and read a lot that he is the TE sleeper, so I snagged him and can rotate.

Brandon Meyers can be a good point pusher as well.

overall I think Ill be doing good.

i give myself a 7.5/10

Thoughts?

I don't even know why you thought it was a good idea to take Chris Johnson over Ridley or MJD.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by Maritimer » Tue Sep 3, 2013 12:20 am

If you're going Charles in Round 1, I wouldn't have gone boom/bust with CJ in round 2. Other than that you killed it. Gronk in the 7th and Miller in the 8th is robbery.

Side note -- I'd contemplate dropping Woods for Knile Davis. In a league that deep (9 man benches???), it pays to handcuff.
collado1121
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#60 » by collado1121 » Tue Sep 3, 2013 3:01 am

Maritimer wrote:If you're going Charles in Round 1, I wouldn't have gone boom/bust with CJ in round 2. Other than that you killed it. Gronk in the 7th and Miller in the 8th is robbery.

Side note -- I'd contemplate dropping Woods for Knile Davis. In a league that deep (9 man benches???), it pays to handcuff.

Its a deeper bench because there is defense too.. i just left out the defense but there is like +3 more bench spots.. With the last 2.. i got Crabtree and Tebow to be funny..

I wasn't sold on CJ and Trent. But in the 3rd round this is how it went down in order.

LeSean McCoy , Julio Jones, AJ Green, Chris Johnson , Brandon Marshall , Ridley , Russell Willson , Demaryius Thomas , Victor Cruz , Jimmy Graham.

I was hoping to get AJ Green, but guy infront of me picked him so i went with the next best RB option.
No Rb's went in round 5. Rounds 6 was MDJ, Bradshaw, David Wilson, Dunbar, DeMarco Murray

Return to Fantasy Football