Keeper question

Moderator: MadNESS

Jdub2334
Ballboy
Posts: 5
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 31, 2017

Keeper question 

Post#1 » by Jdub2334 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 6:36 am

Which one do I keep?
Tevin Coleman - give up round 9
Matt Ryan - 9
Kelce - 5
Also
Marvin Jones - 6
Paul Perkins - 9
zero24gravity
Rookie
Posts: 1,208
And1: 491
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
 

Re: Keeper question 

Post#2 » by zero24gravity » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:52 pm

I actually have a very similar question. 10 team Yahoo! league.

Mariota: give up 12th round pick -- average draft position 6.7 round, #6 ranked QB
Freeman: give up 8th round pick -- average draft position 2.0 round, #7 ranked RB
Crowell: give up 11th round pick -- average draft position 4.4 round, #14 ranked RB
Gronkowski: give up 5th round pick -- average draft position 3.3 round, #1 ranked TE

I'm leaning towards one of the RB's, but not sure. Crowell is the biggest jump from average draft position, but Freeman is the best overall player, and getting another 2nd round talent pick is tempting.

Thoughts?
zero24gravity
Rookie
Posts: 1,208
And1: 491
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
 

Re: Keeper question 

Post#3 » by zero24gravity » Tue Aug 8, 2017 5:56 pm

Jdub2334 wrote:Which one do I keep?
Tevin Coleman - give up round 9
Matt Ryan - 9
Kelce - 5
Also
Marvin Jones - 6
Paul Perkins - 9


I think the only player on that list that you couldn't draft at about the same spot as you'd be keeping them is Matt Ryan. Coleman is about a 9th round player, Kelce around 4th-5th round, Ryan is probably around 6-7th round, so I'd keep him.

(Keeping Jones or Perkins would be a bad idea. You can draft them lower than the pick you'd be giving up.)
Jdub2334
Ballboy
Posts: 5
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 31, 2017

Re: Keeper question 

Post#4 » by Jdub2334 » Tue Aug 8, 2017 7:08 pm

zero24gravity wrote:I actually have a very similar question. 10 team Yahoo! league.

Mariota: give up 12th round pick -- average draft position 6.7 round, #6 ranked QB
Freeman: give up 8th round pick -- average draft position 2.0 round, #7 ranked RB
Crowell: give up 11th round pick -- average draft position 4.4 round, #14 ranked RB
Gronkowski: give up 5th round pick -- average draft position 3.3 round, #1 ranked TE

I'm leaning towards one of the RB's, but not sure. Crowell is the biggest jump from average draft position, but Freeman is the best overall player, and getting another 2nd round talent pick is tempting.

Thoughts?


Giving up only a 5th for Gronk sounds really tempting, but a rb1 in the 8th round is crazy value, I would go with Freeman.
zero24gravity
Rookie
Posts: 1,208
And1: 491
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
 

Re: Keeper question 

Post#5 » by zero24gravity » Tue Aug 8, 2017 7:55 pm

Jdub2334 wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:I actually have a very similar question. 10 team Yahoo! league.

Mariota: give up 12th round pick -- average draft position 6.7 round, #6 ranked QB
Freeman: give up 8th round pick -- average draft position 2.0 round, #7 ranked RB
Crowell: give up 11th round pick -- average draft position 4.4 round, #14 ranked RB
Gronkowski: give up 5th round pick -- average draft position 3.3 round, #1 ranked TE

I'm leaning towards one of the RB's, but not sure. Crowell is the biggest jump from average draft position, but Freeman is the best overall player, and getting another 2nd round talent pick is tempting.

Thoughts?


Giving up only a 5th for Gronk sounds really tempting, but a rb1 in the 8th round is crazy value, I would go with Freeman.


Our league rules state that you can keep a player 2 rounds earlier than you drafted him (or if you pick him up as a FA, you keep him 2 rounds later than his average draft position, which is the case with Gronk). I drafted Freeman in the 12th round 2 years ago & kept him as an 10th rounder last season, so this season I can keep him again (2 rounds higher) as an 8th rounder.
Diamondman07
Pro Prospect
Posts: 766
And1: 221
Joined: May 29, 2016
Contact:
 

Re: Keeper question 

Post#6 » by Diamondman07 » Wed Aug 9, 2017 3:10 am

Not a question just happy of my choices, in my money league I get to Keep Jordan Howard in the 14th round.
THREE Time Dunn Elementary Paper Air Plane launch champion
Shady Franchise
Veteran
Posts: 2,671
And1: 583
Joined: Sep 19, 2005
     

Re: Keeper question 

Post#7 » by Shady Franchise » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Jdub2334 wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:I actually have a very similar question. 10 team Yahoo! league.

Mariota: give up 12th round pick -- average draft position 6.7 round, #6 ranked QB
Freeman: give up 8th round pick -- average draft position 2.0 round, #7 ranked RB
Crowell: give up 11th round pick -- average draft position 4.4 round, #14 ranked RB
Gronkowski: give up 5th round pick -- average draft position 3.3 round, #1 ranked TE

I'm leaning towards one of the RB's, but not sure. Crowell is the biggest jump from average draft position, but Freeman is the best overall player, and getting another 2nd round talent pick is tempting.

Thoughts?


Giving up only a 5th for Gronk sounds really tempting, but a rb1 in the 8th round is crazy value, I would go with Freeman.


Totally agree. You can get a TE 1 in Olsen, Reed, Kelce in the 5th-6th round, but in no way can you get an RB 1 outside of the top 4 rounds. Keep Freeman.
Do not max Vuc!
Shady Franchise
Veteran
Posts: 2,671
And1: 583
Joined: Sep 19, 2005
     

Re: Keeper question 

Post#8 » by Shady Franchise » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Jdub2334 wrote:Which one do I keep?
Tevin Coleman - give up round 9
Matt Ryan - 9
Kelce - 5
Also
Marvin Jones - 6
Paul Perkins - 9


1st choice: Ryan
2nd choice: Kelce
Do not max Vuc!
zero24gravity
Rookie
Posts: 1,208
And1: 491
Joined: Jan 08, 2017
 

Re: Keeper question 

Post#9 » by zero24gravity » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:50 pm

I kept Freeman. Ended up drafting Gurley in the 1st, Brady in the 2nd. Got Jordan Reed at TE in the 6th (and Randolph in the 12th as injury insurance).

Seattle D, D.Thomas & G.Tate at WR, etc.. I think it went well.

Return to Fantasy Football