ImageImageImage

PONSON

Moderator: Ralnor

gold0259
Sixth Man
And1: 65

PONSON 

Post#1 » by gold0259 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:04 pm

Is his contract guaranteed, is there any trade value for him, and would we even want him in the bullpen? His pace and cadence are terrible! He is not a finness pitcher, sure we tried to make a go of it with him, but with the multitude of talent we have in Rochester and the way Gardy tends to Fume when the ol' Ponsons heels the rubber, I gotta imagine the leash is getting shorter everyday.. I mean Scottie Baker who's no Nolan Ryan by any means and is also as about as slow as a turtle when he's on the hill drops a 8 ip 2 hitter, and Slowey is on Fire. We have one of the best records in the League and we've already faced the Yanks once, we're playing darn good Baseball, lets secure the 5th spot and distance ourselves early... My question for the froum is (How long do we ride Ponson before we sell the Stock take the loss and move on to the next trade"...?

Thanks

Go Ramon-Allstar starter 07'?

Doesn't everybody wish the Wolves were this fun to talk about, gosh I remember those days.
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#2 » by kg2005 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:10 pm

I'm starting to agree with this sentiment. Ponson only has the minimum salary, but I think it is guaranteed. I was open to giving him a chance (I was more worried about Ortiz), but if you can't hold the Royals to less earned runs than innings, you need to reevaluate your talent.
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by gold0259 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:14 pm

HEy KG2005 we actually agreed man wow! Glad to here were both twins fans right? Welcome to the show mate!
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by kg2005 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:20 pm

Hey, we haven't disagreed on everything. Just because I don't think Shannon Stewart is going to have a good year doesn't mean we both can't be Twins fans. ;)
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by gold0259 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:30 pm

Lets see, I bet he bats over .300 whats you're prediction and we'll come back to it. He couldn't play on the turf anyhow, and he has a terrible arm in left, but DH??? theres your bernie Williams.
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by kg2005 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:06 pm

I predict he has an EQA under .260
horaceworthy
Head Coach
And1: 250

Post#7 » by horaceworthy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:07 pm

So, is Ponson going to get one more start, or two? I was open to giving him a shot to see if he had anything left in the tank, it doesn't look like he does, time to see what Rochester has to offer. I hope Baker gets another shot.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by gold0259 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:15 pm

Baker is just turtle slow, it seems like he is always in the GD stretch, his confidence disappears when he gets guys OB. GArza got the "stugots" to be up here, he's not affraid...Experience now versus going with the long hairded journeyman, the future is now go get MAtty G``` Terry!
horaceworthy
Head Coach

Post#9 » by horaceworthy » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:06 pm

Baker's pitching well right now, he pitched well his first go 'round in Minnesota, he had some nice starts last year, and in general pitched better than his ERA and WHIP from last year would indicate. Garza's got a better long-term future, but I'm not a fan of bringing him up at a time when he's having trouble throwing strikes. Let him sort out his control issues in AAA as opposed to up here, when his service clock is ticking.
"A while back,'' Cardinal said, "I took a picture of the standings and texted it to Love, just to bust his chops,'' Cardinal said. "He sent me a picture back of a snowdrift.''
gold0259
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by gold0259 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:49 pm

He's the type of kid who is needs to be up here to excel! Alexi Casilla was batting a buck and quarter and he got the call up and he is more than serviceable. Matty G knows hes got big league stuff, I'm not concerned with his woes as of latge the guys in the top 10 prospects in baseball right now
kg2005
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by kg2005 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:56 pm

Alexi Casilla had 8 total at bats. If I ever teach you anything about baseball, let it be that you can't judge anything on 8 total at bats.
horaceworthy
Head Coach

Post#12 » by horaceworthy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:18 am

gold0259 wrote:He's the type of kid who is needs to be up here to excel! Alexi Casilla was batting a buck and quarter and he got the call up and he is more than serviceable. Matty G knows hes got big league stuff, I'm not concerned with his woes as of latge the guys in the top 10 prospects in baseball right now

As kg2005 said, Casilla had 8 at bats. Nobody doubts that Garza has big league stuff, or a bright future. I'd just rather he learned to consistently get that stuff over the plate in AAA as opposed to the majors, where his playing time would count towards his major league service time, which means that he'd be eligible for arbitration and a pay raise sooner.
horaceworthy
Head Coach

Post#13 » by horaceworthy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:43 pm

So, will tonight be Sidney's last start as a Twin? The more worrisome question is probably whether or not the bats will wake up.

Return to Minnesota Twins