Atlanta Falcons 2012 NFL Draft Thread

Moderator: HMFFL

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: Atlanta Falcons 2012 NFL Draft Thread 

Post#21 » by ATL Boy » Tue May 8, 2012 11:31 pm

I overall think the draft was a Ok, we got a few steals, Peter Konz and hometown product Jonathan Massaquoi, but the 3rd, 5th, and 6th rounds disappointed me; I understand the need for a high character guy with Holmes in the 3rd but we should've drafted Orson Charles as a future TE who many projected we would get in round 2 but who fell to us in round 3 and we passed up on him, no clue why we got a fullback in the 5th when we could've gotten the OLB Manning who would've been a steal and who would've filled a need, finally the 6th round wasn't all bad but I think we should've gotten Anthony Allen who plummeted from 2nd round projection to eventual 7th round steal but we still got a pretty good Safety in the 6th.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
jvalanciunas
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#22 » by jvalanciunas » Sat May 12, 2012 3:29 pm

I have finally gotten around to it, but i just wanted to congratulate you guys on the great draft. I have the Falcons as one of the teams that had the best draft. I gave the Falcons an "+A"

Konz is going to be amazing for you guys. I considered him to be the 3rd best offensive linemen in the draft and the Falcons were able to some how pick him up in the 2nd round. just amazing luck, Konz will be a 10 time pro-bowler

also even a better job on getting Bradie Ewing. Bradie is a monster and will be the next Lorenzo Neal for sure. their is a reason why Montee Ball got a jaw dropping 33 rushing TDs. Montee is a great talent, but if you watched Montee run, you would see Bradie Ewing was in every play for Montee, leading the way and clearing a path along with Konz.

i think Montee Ball is a legit first overall pick, but RBs are rarely picked in the top 5. if the Falcons can some how replace grab Montee in the first round in next years draft, Atlanta is going to be sick with talent. Jonathan Massaquoi also looks like a good pick.
jvalanciunas
Banned User
And1: 8

Post#23 » by jvalanciunas » Sat May 12, 2012 3:32 pm

ATL Boy wrote:
monsterblock wrote:^ Holmes was such a weird pick, especially with Massie still on the board, that maybe Dimitroff is a genius and knows alot more than us and Holmes will turn out to be a multiple pro bowl OL?!?!?!?

I still would have defiantly picked Lamar Miller in the 3rd. he looks like the next Frank Gore, and the Falcons desperately need a young replacement for Turner.

I'm glad the Falcons got at least one pass rusher in Massaquoi

but Falcons didn't address one thing about the LB situation and couldn't even get late round guys like Marcus Dowtin, Adrian Hamilton, or Miles Burris

The 5th round pick really was terrible. We got a FB when Manning was still on the board, Manning was the perfect OLB for us and he was projected as a 2nd round pick. I honestly don't know what TD was thinking with that pick. Maybe it'll work out.

I think you will really be surprised when Bradie Ewing makes his first few pro-bowls. Bradie is a great pick and good football player :D
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#24 » by ATL Boy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:40 pm

jvalanciunas wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:
monsterblock wrote:^ Holmes was such a weird pick, especially with Massie still on the board, that maybe Dimitroff is a genius and knows alot more than us and Holmes will turn out to be a multiple pro bowl OL?!?!?!?

I still would have defiantly picked Lamar Miller in the 3rd. he looks like the next Frank Gore, and the Falcons desperately need a young replacement for Turner.

I'm glad the Falcons got at least one pass rusher in Massaquoi

but Falcons didn't address one thing about the LB situation and couldn't even get late round guys like Marcus Dowtin, Adrian Hamilton, or Miles Burris

The 5th round pick really was terrible. We got a FB when Manning was still on the board, Manning was the perfect OLB for us and he was projected as a 2nd round pick. I honestly don't know what TD was thinking with that pick. Maybe it'll work out.

I think you will really be surprised when Bradie Ewing makes his first few pro-bowls. Bradie is a great pick and good football player :D

I honestly hope so
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.

Return to Atlanta Falcons