ImageImageImage

What will our offseason look like?

Moderator: HMFFL

hawkschop1
Junior
And1: 30

What will our offseason look like? 

Post#1 » by hawkschop1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:40 pm

What do you believe will happen this offseason? who do we draft and what positions? how do we manage the cap situation?

I'm curious about steven jackson and his 4.9 million dollar cap hit. I'm not as familiar with football so it is likely/possible we release him and look else where? I know jacquizz is a FA and we barely have any cap space something like 2.2 million to re-sign him or any of our many defensive free agents.

I'd like to draft defense and hire Adam Gase from denver as our HC with the hope that he could convince knowshon to come back to the GA and suit up from the dirty birds!

thoughts?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,996

Re: What will our offseason look like? 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 2, 2015 12:54 am

I'm still trying to figure it out as well or come up with what I would do.
It appears Rex Ryan is our first option as our head coach right now. The 49ers are also pursuing him.
Are we more appealing?

As far as the draft goes, I honestly have no idea at the present time, but it's clear we have a great deal of holes to fill on both sides of the ball, so I can only hope we have a good draft for once.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 2, 2015 12:56 am

Oh, free agency also has a great deal of talent available.
I'm starting to lose faith in our organization, the ownership, and management, so I need to see us sign some talent.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,486

Post#4 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jan 2, 2015 6:56 pm

HMFFL wrote:I'm still trying to figure it out as well or come up with what I would do.
It appears Rex Ryan is our first option as our head coach right now. The 49ers are also pursuing him.
Are we more appealing?

As far as the draft goes, I honestly have no idea at the present time, but it's clear we have a great deal of holes to fill on both sides of the ball, so I can only hope we have a good draft for once.

I have moved Rex Ryan to the top of my wishlist. he brings everything this team has lacked recently. And there are few better Xs and Os guys on the defenive side of the ball. But if he comes, I want Dirk Koetter retained. That way Matt Ryan has stability on his side of the ball.

Draft LBs and O-Linemen. Trade back to acquire more picks and depth in the draft.
Get a 4th Wide receiver and a starting caliber RB in his prime.

With a vet coach, I honestly think we can get back to the playoffs as soon as next year.

Just think, If Rex can beat Peyton Manning in Indy and Tom Brady in NE in the playoffs with M Sanchez at QB. Imagine what he can do with a top 7 QB on his team!!!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jan 2, 2015 6:56 pm

Also, bring me Todd Gurley!!!
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#6 » by ATL Boy » Sat Jan 3, 2015 11:19 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Also, bring me Todd Gurley!!!

I'd love Gurley in the 2nd round if he falls that far. Normally I'd say no way a player of his caliber falls all the way to 40, but with how under appreciated the RB position has become coupled with the ACL surgery and I have hope for that happening.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#7 » by Hawk Eye » Mon Jan 5, 2015 7:01 am

I'm sorry but I'm going to be extremely pissed off if we draft ANY type of position on offense with our 1st pick in the draft. That defense was horrendous this year and there were plenty of times that I couldn't even finish watching the game because of their defense.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#8 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jan 8, 2015 5:52 am

PMOTT3 wrote:I'm sorry but I'm going to be extremely pissed off if we draft ANY type of position on offense with our 1st pick in the draft. That defense was horrendous this year and there were plenty of times that I couldn't even finish watching the game because of their defense.

Fair enough, but my concern is that we were so bad n Defense last year...no single rookie fixes all our problems.

We need LBs, DTs and a stud DE. And a Safety...I say trade back in the draft and pick up top talent across the board. We're set at QB, but we need game changers across the roster at nearly every position.

With our season on the line in Week 17...the whole country watching...we allowed 34 points.

But only scored 3.

We need help everywhere.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:20 am

I believe a lot will be determined depending on our coach.
I'd prefer defense be our primary focus but BPA on both sides of the ball needs to be taken into account.
Hell, we just need talent, since we lack so much of it.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#10 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:47 am

...so Dan Quinn seems all but locked in as our HC moving forward. not a bad selection by any means. His signing will be delayed by his team playing in their second consecutive Super Bowl.

Word is Adam Gase, former OC of Denver Broncos, is his top choice to be OUR OC. Great selection. Gase was a contender for a few HC positions this off-season, telling you just how highly regarded he is around the league.

DC could be a tough pickup. also of concern is that Quinn won't be able to officially interview and extend coaching offers to fill out his staff for a couple more weeks. Could prove problematic moving forward.

Vic Beasley in the 1st round.

Todd Gurley in the 2nd round.

Lots of Defensive Players in Free Agency.

Suh will be courted by us, but sign elsewhere for MUCH more money.

My educated guess on our offseason direction.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#11 » by ATL Boy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:28 am

Kyle Shanahan the new OC
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Dan Quinn excites me.
I fully support him as our HC.

Kyle Shanahan also is a solid choice. I have nothing to say bad about him at the present time and believe our offense will be in good hands.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#13 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:40 am

HMFFL wrote:Kyle Shanahan also is a solid choice. I have nothing to say bad about him at the present time and believe our offense will be in good hands.

K Shanahan certainly has the creative chops t be an effective OC. But the wake of unhappy QBs consistently left in his wake is concerning.

D Mcnabb, RGIII, Johnny Manziel. I know these guys aren't exactly in the same stratoshpere. But it's tellng that two straight jobs now he's left on bad terms.

I equate it to meeting a beautiful girl who is single because she regularly dumps guys after a few months. Enjoy it while it's good. But don't expect this relationship to last forever or end well.

Kyle Shanahan has the coachng equivalent of 'crazy eyes'.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Kyle Shanahan also is a solid choice. I have nothing to say bad about him at the present time and believe our offense will be in good hands.

K Shanahan certainly has the creative chops t be an effective OC. But the wake of unhappy QBs consistently left in his wake is concerning.

D Mcnabb, RGIII, Johnny Manziel. I know these guys aren't exactly in the same stratoshpere. But it's tellng that two straight jobs now he's left on bad terms.

I equate it to meeting a beautiful girl who is single because she regularly dumps guys after a few months. Enjoy it while it's good. But don't expect this relationship to last forever or end well.

Kyle Shanahan has the coachng equivalent of 'crazy eyes'.

His past has been suspect with less talented QB's, but Matt Ryan should coexist with him, and be successful. First and foremost, Matt needs some protection, or else success won't even be a factor, so let's hope management fills some much needed holes this off-season.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#15 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:08 am

Word is, Former Buccaneers HC Raheem Morris will be Assistant Coach/ Defensive Co-Ordinator. With Kyle Shanahan as Offensive Coordinator. I am suddenly very nervous about our two top assistants.

D Quinn is indeed a top candidate. But his hiring choices are baffling.

I miss the stability and even keel manner of Mike Smith already.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#16 » by HMFFL » Thu Feb 5, 2015 8:17 pm

I'm thrilled with our coaching staff overall.
I look forward to the growth that we make over the next five years and hopefully we make right decisions during the draft(s).

Return to Atlanta Falcons