ImageImageImage

Mercedes Benz Stadium

Moderator: HMFFL

DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Mercedes Benz Stadium 

Post#1 » by DirtybirdGA » Fri Aug 4, 2017 9:23 pm

Just a few pics if anyone hasn't seen the updates, or has an itch. They host AZ about the 3rd weekend.

Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Re: Mercedes Benz Stadium 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:05 am

Another year being a season ticket holder.
I looking forward to seeing inside the new stadium and hope they get the issues with the roof sorted out sooner than later.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#3 » by macd-gm » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi all. New to the Falcons forum. Was just checking in for thoughts on the stadium. I went to the game Saturday night to check it out. I'll give the disclaimer that I'm a traditionalist when it comes to stadiums.

The good part was they went bold. Unlike Suntrust Park where it seems they tried to throw a bunch of ideas in and please everyone, Benz has a bold style and they went for it. The Falcon sculpture is awesome and there are some nice artistic touches throughout.

I sat in the 300 level and to be honest i'll never spend money to sit up there. You are so high that i just ended up watching the screen most of the time. The other part I didn't like is that sitting there watching the game I honestly couldn't feel any difference from the GA dome (other than being a lot further from the field). Now maybe with the roof open it will be different.

I'm pretty disappointed that we don't have a natural grass stadium (especially for the United) and that it's not more open air since we're in the second nicest climate in the NFL. Again, maybe with the roof open it will be different but i'm not convinced that it will seem that much different. It was a pretty sterile environment i thought.

I'm not here to bash the falcons or the stadium. All stadiums have good and bad. I'm just shocked that the feel of this, in terms of sitting watching football is really similar to the dome. I know i'm in the minority because everyone i talk to is blown away by it. I guess i'm old enough to remember when people were blown away by Philips, Turner field, GA dome.

Anyone else feel this way or am i just to old to appreciate it.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:56 am

I missed the open house tour and I missed the first preseason game.
I plan on attending the game this Thursday so I will share my opinion.

Thank you macd-gm for sharing your thoughts and welcome to the board.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Sat Sep 2, 2017 12:48 am

macd-gm,

I ended up going to the game last night when we hosted Jacksonville for the final preseason game. I thought the stadium was beautiful inside and out. The different bars and lightning makes it very appealing. I like that fans can walk outside by the Falcon statue and catch a cool breeze without being forced to stay inside the building all the time.
Now, my seats are located 8 rows on the field, and had been 4 rows from the field at the Georgia Dome. So, I loved the view, the seats feel great, and have some movement to them. The Halo board is amazing and so is the led lighting that lights the top of the Dome in red.
One issue I had was the lighting on the field. It seemed semi dark to me on the field or maybe it's just my eyesight that's lacking. I never had a chance to tour the upper level, but it does look steep, like the Georgia Dome had been.

I won't be able to go to many games due to my job but I really enjoyed the structure and the inside/out. It will be even better once the roof opens to provide that true football feel.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#6 » by ATL Boy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:16 am

I've only been for a couple of United games but it's a stunning piece of architecture.

I love the train horn that plays during United goals/Falcons TDs

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#7 » by macd-gm » Mon Oct 2, 2017 6:56 pm

Just getting back to this thread but every day I am bummed we don't have an open air/natural grass football/soccer stadium. I know i'm in the minority. At least i think? United games and now Falcons games full of empty seats. I know the Falcons 'sold out' all their games but the stadium was half full yesterday against the Bills for a 3-0 team. I don't have anything against the Falcons or the stadium but i think in a few years this will feel like a billion dollar mistake.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#8 » by DirtybirdGA » Fri Oct 6, 2017 9:27 pm

Just too many damn bells and whistles, so many at the resturants and standing on the open side on the 200 & 300 and concourses... not a good look Blank check.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#9 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:26 pm

The Mecca, you say?

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Falcons