ImageImageImage

Matt Ryan Agrees with Falcons to 5yr $150M

Moderator: HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Matt Ryan Agrees with Falcons to 5yr $150M 

Post#1 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun May 6, 2018 12:53 pm

This is the new NFL and I guess, and +$100M will be normal now.

Ryan is a good guy to give a long term contract, even with his age, because he is a pocket passer and doesn't rely on his athleticism. He has the talent, admirable work ethic, and no off the field drama that could justify the $150M

But with that said, this contract will hinder the Falcons in getting and retaining some talent and this $150M a message, a message of don't get us an MVP, this $150M is a message of "You better get us a Super Bowl" money!

At the end, I'm happy for Ryan and hoping a Super Bowl win will becoming soon for Atlanta.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: Matt Ryan Agrees with Falcons to 5yr $150M 

Post#2 » by ATL Boy » Tue May 8, 2018 8:17 pm

Not surprised at all at the numbers. I don't expect him to be among the five highest paid players at the position in terms of annual salary come 2020, it's just the way the market works. Aaron Rodgers will eradicate these figures in the coming months.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,008

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Fri May 18, 2018 2:18 am

A couple of QB's have been granted their 15 seconds of fame as the highest paid.
Like you guys pointed out, the market has changed, so we'll see how crazy things get.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Thu Jul 5, 2018 7:45 pm

It's going to be difficult to have a better season than his MVP one.

Video: https://www.ajc.com/sports/watch-nfl-analyst-believes-falcons-get-most-out-matt-ryan-2018/52WxA8igs4dEeaZLUTLYcL/

NFL analyst believes Falcons get most out of Matt Ryan in 2018
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Jul 6, 2018 2:35 am

Ryan can re-create his MVP season, but he needs Julio back to practice, because the biggest problem they had last year on offense was the timing with the receivers and terminology and play calling.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Fri Jul 6, 2018 6:27 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Ryan can re-create his MVP season, but he needs Julio back to practice, because the biggest problem they had last year on offense was the timing with the receivers and terminology and play calling.

My problem with last season was that there was too much focus on Matt Ryan going to the WR's. Basically the two WR's!
It's sad when our season ends with Julio Jones slipping by the end zone, Matt Ryan waits for him to get up, but only for Julio to miss. Matt Ryan is trying to please JJ and jr. too much last year.
Trust the Tight end and the backs! Spread the damn ball around.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:44 am

HMFFL wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:Ryan can re-create his MVP season, but he needs Julio back to practice, because the biggest problem they had last year on offense was the timing with the receivers and terminology and play calling.

My problem with last season was that there was too much focus on Matt Ryan going to the WR's. Basically the two WR's!
It's sad when our season ends with Julio Jones slipping by the end zone, Matt Ryan waits for him to get up, but only for Julio to miss. Matt Ryan is trying to please JJ and jr. too much last year.
Trust the Tight end and the backs! Spread the damn ball around.

Ya I kind of agree with you. I wanted to see Coleman and Freeman get more catches and TDs last season.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by atlantabbq99 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 am

This is just horrible. Everything I knew would happen after the 150M contract, ended up happening.

Ryan's contract was the cancer in the Falcons' franchise and I knew it.

I knew after that contract, I knew the Falcons were never going to be a contender again. It is just a franchise killer and it is all Ryan's fault.

I don't know the exact cap situation for the Falcons, but as soon as Ryan can be traded to the Colts or released, Ryan needs to go.

Maybe Coach Smith can work some magic with Josh Rosen just like he did with Tannehill.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by atlantabbq99 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:19 pm

Goodbye and good luck to Matt Ryan. He was exactly want the Falcons needed after Vick, but Ryan's huge contract ruined the franchise for a decade. As soon as Ryan signed that killer contract, the Falcons started losing and never made the playoffs.

Falcons should have traded Ryan 5 years ago. Good he is gone and now the Falcons can start building an elite defense.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:54 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Goodbye and good luck to Matt Ryan. He was exactly want the Falcons needed after Vick, but Ryan's huge contract ruined the franchise for a decade. As soon as Ryan signed that killer contract, the Falcons started losing and never made the playoffs.

Falcons should have traded Ryan 5 years ago. Good he is gone and now the Falcons can start building an elite defense.
He was so close to a championship that I do feel bad for him to se degree. On the other hand, I believe our front office catered to him too much, and it's going to hurt us for a couple of seasons, if not more. The dead cap we have now is the largest in history.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:51 pm

Return to Atlanta Falcons