ImageImageImage

Julio Jones won't receive new contract this year.

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,146

Julio Jones won't receive new contract this year.  

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:20 am

The Athletic's Jeff Schultz reports the Falcons have informed Julio Jones he will not receive a new contract this year.
Jones skipped OTAs and minicamp to show displeasure with his contract, which makes him the league's eighth-highest-paid receiver behind Sammy Watkins, Jarvis Landry, and Davante Adams, among others. The Falcons told Jones they had "not budgeted" for Jones to receive a raise, and are hopeful he will report to training camp on time. Jones would put himself at risk of daily fines by skipping practices. LT Jake Matthews, FS Ricardo Allen, and DT Grady Jarrett are all considered higher-priority extension candidates; Julio is signed through 2020. The Falcons open training camp on July 27.
Source: The Athletic
Jul 18 - 11:01 PM

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Julio Jones won't receive new contract this year. 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:47 am

A matter of wounded pride: Julio Jones versus the Falcons

Pride is at the heart of this. Among humans, it often is. The NFL’s best receiver awakes one morning to find he’s the NFL’s seventh-highest-paid receiver, this on a team that just made its quarterback the league’s highest-paid player and last year minted the highest-paid running back. (Never mind that this same receiver was, as of 2016, the highest-paid at his position.)

Julio Jones, who wears No. 11, surely sniffed and said, “I’m a darn sight better than No. 7.” Which he is. Which isn’t, however, the point. https://www.myajc.com/blog/mark-bradley/matter-wounded-pride-julio-jones-versus-the-falcons/Tvoz2TLjEa7yTXuPni5RGN/
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:05 am

And, he received a new deal.
Glad to have him back happy again.

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,615

Post#4 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:40 am

I don't like the tone it sets but good he is back in camp.

I don't like it, but if I was Blank, i would call Julio in for a meeting and tell him "ok i'll give you more money, IF YOU WILL WIN US A SUPER BOWL THIS SEASON"

I know one player can't really carry a team to a championship, but I just want to see how Julio will react and if he will man up and say 'yes'. I want that pressure on Juilo, I want that load on his shoulders, I want it to be a chip on his should for the whole season.

I would tell Julio, yes we need your yards and TDs, but what we need the most is your leadership!
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:24 pm

Julio has now said that he's going to be a Falcon for life.

Return to Atlanta Falcons