ImageImageImage

Trade Grady Jarrett and Jake Matthews

Moderator: HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Trade Grady Jarrett and Jake Matthews 

Post#1 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:06 pm

Should the Falcons trade Grady Jarrett or Jake Matthews or both?

If i could make an ok package, I would be ok in trading either or both guys (and picks) for to get another 1st round pick to get Willis or Pickett.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Re: Trade Grady Jarrett and Jake Matthews 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:49 pm

'We love Grady': Arthur Smith discusses Grady Jarrett, possibility of contract extension

Two-time Pro Bowler is entering a contract year in 2022

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/we-love-grady-arthur-smith-discusses-grady-jarrett-possibility-of-contract-exten

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:53 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Should the Falcons trade Grady Jarrett or Jake Matthews or both?

If i could make an ok package, I would be ok in trading either or both guys (and picks) for to get another 1st round pick to get Willis or Pickett.
I would move Grady if we can get a first round pick. I like him but I don't believe he makes a big enough impact on the field for us to extend him with a blank check. Saying that, I doubt we receive a first round pick for him.

Jake Matthews is similar to me. While he's 30 years old, he's only made one pro bowl, and we don't need to continue on with him just to do so. Like Grady, I doubt a ream gives us a first round pick for him, even if we package them both together.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:32 pm

^ I would package Grady and a 3rd round pick (or Julio pick) and see if the Falcons could get a 1st round pick
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:01 am

I changed my mind. I'm starting to like Matt Corral alittle more than Willis and Pickett. I'm ok with passing on Willis now and seeing if Corral or Pickett falls to the Falcons in the 2nd round.

I would find the best offers for Grady or Jake and try to get an extra 1st or 2nd pick for Grady or Jake
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#6 » by graymule » Sat May 21, 2022 5:09 pm

:D

Nope. Didn't happen. These two become the cornerstones of the offensive and defensive teams.

Hawks had many, many needs. They are going to revamp. Dream had to start over. They did.

Falcons really need a real anchor for both teams and these two, Jarrett and Matthews both fit the bill.

Atlanta pro sports teams - - Seems to be needing a rebuild. Braves may be the exception, yet they
can't seem to get over the .500 mark.

Return to Atlanta Falcons