Would you rather have Braylon or T. Gonzalez

Moderator: HMFFL

lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Would you rather have Braylon or T. Gonzalez 

Post#1 » by lpsevier » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:51 am

Both are apparently on the market, and if all we had to give up was a 2nd, which would you rather have - if either?

My gut says Gonzalez, but an Edwards - White - Jenkins combo could be insane if Edwards regained his 2007 form.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Re: Would you rather have Braylon or T. Gonzalez 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:48 am

A 2nd won't cut it. The Browns have been offered a first round pick, but they want more, and Braylon's a free agent after the season. I also don't see him as being a need compared to Tony.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by lpsevier » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:34 pm

I would argue that having a pass catching Pro Bowl tight End is not necessarily a necessity for us at this point either.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Why do we even need Braylon when we already have Roddy White and Jenkins? Jenkins has already signed a longterm contract, so that's good, but now will need Roddy locked up. Say we acquired Braylon, I don't like the fact that both Braylon, and Roddy White would need to be signed. It's just far too much money being dedicated towards the WR's, when we have bigger needs on defense.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by lpsevier » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:18 pm

HMFFL wrote:Why do we even need Braylon when we already have Roddy White and Jenkins? Jenkins has already signed a longterm contract, so that's good, but now will need Roddy locked up. Say we acquired Braylon, I don't like the fact that both Braylon, and Roddy White would need to be signed. It's just far too much money being dedicated towards the WR's, when we have bigger needs on defense.

But you'd give up our 2nd for Gonzalez?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:26 pm

lpsevier wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Why do we even need Braylon when we already have Roddy White and Jenkins? Jenkins has already signed a longterm contract, so that's good, but now will need Roddy locked up. Say we acquired Braylon, I don't like the fact that both Braylon, and Roddy White would need to be signed. It's just far too much money being dedicated towards the WR's, when we have bigger needs on defense.

But you'd give up our 2nd for Gonzalez?

I don't exactly like the idea of giving up a 2nd round pick for Tony, but I will get over it if it happens. I feel he's only worth a 3rd or combining a later round pick with the 3rd. Any more WR's that we add need to come from the draft or cheap free agent.

Question: Are you not sold on Roddy White being the number one? Or, are you looking at it that we could have two pro bowl WR's?

Looks like Braylon Edwards is going to be a Giant.
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by lpsevier » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:17 pm

I was only looking at it from the scenario of two Pro Bowl WR's.

I like Jenkins, but its not like Edwards wouldn't have been an upgrade.

Return to Atlanta Falcons