ImageImageImageImageImage

List of teams GS could look at if Poole has to be traded. Let me know what you think.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

List of teams GS could look at if Poole has to be traded. Let me know what you think. 

Post#1 » by killmongrel » Fri Jun 2, 2023 10:33 pm

I know that one of the biggest topics going into the off season is if Poole is going to be traded. And if he his, for what? So I took a look at all the teams the Warriors might be interested in doing business with and what players could be involved. Looked at fit and salaries and availability and if we had the assets to get them. Please don't get on my case about how we shouldn't trade Poole. That's besides the point of this exercise. Just something I found interesting so that some people can have an idea of what's out there. Didn't do multi-team trades because that is just way more complicated.

Jordan Poole: 28m salary

- Los Angeles Clippers: Some combination of Eric Gordon(20m), Covington(12m), Batum(12m)

- Milwaukee Bucks: Jrue Holiday(36m). This means salary has to be added on GS' part.

- Washington Wizards: Kristaps Porzingis(36m). This means salary has to be added on GS' part.

- Brooklyn Nets: Spencer Dinwiddie(20m), Dorian Finny-Smith(14m). This means salary has to be added on GS' part.

- Cleveland Cavaliers: Jarret Allen(20m), Ricky Rubio(6m). This is one of those scenarios that would involve a multi team trade since the Cavs most likely don't want to pay that much for a backup.

- Chicago Bulls: DeMar DeRozan(28m)

- Toronto Raptors: OG Anunoby(18m), OPJ(6m)

- Utah Jazz: Kelly Olynyk(12m), Talen Horton-Tucker(11m), Rudy Gay(6m)

- Detroit Pistons: Bojan Bogdanovic(20m), Alec Burks(10m). Another scenario that would need to be a multi-team trade.

- Orlando Magic: Jonathan Isaac(17m), Gary Harris(13m)

- Indiana Pacers: Some combination of Myles Turner(20m), Daniel Theis(9m), T.J. McConnell(9m), Buddy Hield(19m)

- San Antonio Spurs: Doug McDermott(14m), Devonte Graham(12m)

So what do you guys think? Of course some are more far fetched than others.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Re: List of teams GS could look at if Poole has to be traded. Let me know what you think. 

Post#2 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 2, 2023 10:57 pm

Finding a trade for only Poole would be nice, but if they have to include Kuminga I’m looking for Dinwiddie + Claxton. Although they both only have 1 year left on their contracts so that could be tricky.
killmongrel
Veteran

Re: List of teams GS could look at if Poole has to be traded. Let me know what you think. 

Post#3 » by killmongrel » Fri Jun 2, 2023 11:20 pm

HiRez wrote:Finding a trade for only Poole would be nice, but if they have to include Kuminga I’m looking for Dinwiddie + Claxton. Although they both only have 1 year left on their contracts so that could be tricky.

Is Brooklyn even interested in getting rid of Claxton. I got the feeling he was one of their core players going forward.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#4 » by Coxy » Fri Jun 2, 2023 11:28 pm

My natural reaction to almsot all of these trade ideas, is to ask why anyone thinks any other GM's and teams would have any interest whatsoever in Jordan Poole, now on big bucks. But, for the thread, I'll respond.

- Los Angeles Clippers: Some combination of Eric Gordon(20m), Covington(12m), Batum(12m)
- Sure, sounds great, why would the Clippers want Poole though for these smart productive players?

- Milwaukee Bucks: Jrue Holiday(36m). This means salary has to be added on GS' part.
- You're joking right? The Bucks would have to be sniffing glue.

- Washington Wizards: Kristaps Porzingis(36m). This means salary has to be added on GS' part.
- You're joking right? The Wizards would have to be sniffing glue.

- Brooklyn Nets: Spencer Dinwiddie(20m), Dorian Finny-Smith(14m). This means salary has to be added on GS' part.
- There's no way the Nets even consider this. I'm no Dinwidde fan at all, but even I would take this just to get DFS.

- Cleveland Cavaliers: Jarret Allen(20m), Ricky Rubio(6m). This is one of those scenarios that would involve a multi team trade since the Cavs most likely don't want to pay that much for a backup.
The Cavs shipped out Sexton, they don't want to pay an inefficient 3rd guard, surely.

This one made me LOL, but Derozan is now 33, and the Bulls may have lost Lonzo for good, so maybe there's something here. Again though, it would take a miracle to convince them

This is seriously Lol. What are we adding in Curry for value?

The Jazz already have Clarkson and Sexton, not sure why they'd want Poole, but fine I'd do it quickly and throw in a Breville Toaster Oven

- Detroit Pistons: Bojan Bogdanovic(20m), Alec Burks(10m). Another scenario that would need to be a multi-team trade.
Would be a great return, too good to be true. The 3rd team's GM taking Poole may need to going through emotional problems to pull it off, so who that is I don't know.

If the Magic are truly giving up on Isaac, it could be real bad, but I'd take the shot just to move Poole to Florida far away. Harris could help.

- Indiana Pacers: Some combination of Myles Turner(20m), Daniel Theis(9m), T.J. McConnell(9m), Buddy Hield(19m)
Is the Indiana Pacers GM the one going through emotional problems? Must be.

Spurs aren't stupid, this would be great for us
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#5 » by killmongrel » Fri Jun 2, 2023 11:37 pm

Coxy wrote:My natural reaction to almsot all of these trade ideas, is to ask why anyone thinks any other GM's and teams would have any interest whatsoever in Jordan Poole, now on big bucks. But, for the thread, I'll respond.

- Sure, sounds great, why would the Clippers want Poole though for these smart productive players?

- You're joking right? The Bucks would have to be sniffing glue.

- You're joking right? The Wizards would have to be sniffing glue.

- There's no way the Nets even consider this. I'm no Dinwidde fan at all, but even I would take this just to get DFS.

The Cavs shipped out Sexton, they don't want to pay an inefficient 3rd guard, surely.

This one made me LOL, but Derozan is now 33, and the Bulls may have lost Lonzo for good, so maybe there's something here. Again though, it would take a miracle to convince them

This is seriously Lol. What are we adding in Curry for value?

The Jazz already have Clarkson and Sexton, not sure why they'd want Poole, but fine I'd do it quickly and throw in a Breville Toaster Oven

Would be a great return, too good to be true. The 3rd team's GM taking Poole may need to going through emotional problems to pull it off, so who that is I don't know.

If the Magic are truly giving up on Isaac, it could be real bad, but I'd take the shot just to move Poole to Florida far away. Harris could help.

Is the Indiana Pacers GM the one going through emotional problems? Must be.

Spurs aren't stupid, this would be great for us
I actually wrote in the description before the list that I didn't include what assets it would take to make some of these deals happen, meaning players like Kuminga, Moody, and/or picks, etc, were some of the assumed incentives that could be involved.

So yeah, I was definitely not thinking Poole as the sole trade piece. Or even the likeliness of these deals happening. Just wanted to take a look at what was out there.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,775

Post#6 » by Upperclass » Fri Jun 2, 2023 11:59 pm

Imo it would be Orlando or Spurs but not for any of those useless players
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,965

Post#7 » by DonaldSanders » Sat Jun 3, 2023 12:15 am

It's very hard to tell who will be willing to take a flyer on Poole, it all comes down to a GM who believes he can be rehabilitated to the potential everyone saw before last year (or at times last year when he was doing well). I don't really see a point in speculating on this too much as it will be so GM-specific.

I will say that you can cross any contenders off that list, Poole was #12 in jersey sales and has flashy play -- a weak team that needs some butts in seats/attention + the chance of his upside would be the one to take a flyer on him and probably ask for a future 1st in exchange for 1-2 decent vets they probably won't build around.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,899

Post#8 » by whatisacenter » Sat Jun 3, 2023 12:38 am

This board probably views Poole more negatively than anyone else. I think there will be a GM out there who will see that Poole was on an upward trajectory until his teammate punched him in the face and then he had to play an entire season with that jerk who received no punishment. I think he will play better when given a role that doesn't change game to game and he gets a fresh start. One thing for sure is I can't see he and Draymond both back next season and I would prefer that both were on another roster.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#9 » by killmongrel » Sat Jun 3, 2023 1:16 am

whatisacenter wrote:This board probably views Poole more negatively than anyone else. I think there will be a GM out there who will see that Poole was on an upward trajectory until his teammate punched him in the face and then he had to play an entire season with that jerk who received no punishment. I think he will play better when given a role that doesn't change game to game and he gets a fresh start. One thing for sure is I can't see he and Draymond both back next season and I would prefer that both were on another roster.

I agree. I think there are GMs out there that are banking he's going to play better in a new environment without Draymond. But they sure as hell are gonna try to low ball GS on the offers.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by Upperclass » Sat Jun 3, 2023 3:35 am

Poole got publicly humiliated and proceeded to have a DOWN year and still posted 20.4/4.5 on decent shooting percentages for a small guard. He isnt getting traded for peanuts.
Romulus
Pro Prospect
And1: 448

Post#11 » by Romulus » Sat Jun 3, 2023 5:01 am

There will be a market for Poole, promise. He's young, he can score, and at times, he's been very good. For example, last year without Klay, Poole started and was VERY good with Curry. He's never played as well off the bench. Also, and most GMs around the league know this, he's a poor fit in the Kerr offense that stresses passing and ball movement. He's likely to be much better in a different offense with a different coach. And of course, he just went through the emotional damage of having a teammate, one of the "leaders" on the team punch him the face while having the video of it go viral.

If I'm another team, yes, I've got to find a way for him to make less mistakes, play better defense, but he has a natural gift for scoring and drawing fouls. If this team is lacking scoring punch (pardon the pun), I could see them biting on Poole. For example, the Raptors, would be a likely fit. And yes, you might have to throw Kuminga and picks in the deal as well for a Siakam or OG. But the Warriors need to pull the trigger on a Poole trade because he's not likely to ever start with Klay being here and he's also likely not to ever improve his defense or mistakes with Kerr coaching him.

Make the move on draft day. This team needs change -- and so does Jordan Poole.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#12 » by Coxy » Sat Jun 3, 2023 7:06 am

When can we actually trade Poole? That new contract kicks in soon.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#13 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Jun 3, 2023 7:18 am

Poole did average 24ppg as a starter last year and 15ppg off the bench. Poole is still only 23. His value here is really as a fill in starter when Steph or Klay miss games, that's the peak value he holds here.

Problem is I don't see how you would ever build a playoff defense with Poole and Curry, especially as Curry declines. It's really what West came in and explained to the organization about having Monta and Steph together. This scenario played out at the beginning of Stephs career and now the end of it, in a way we've been here. Monta was a tradeable asset to get bigger and better defensively and Poole will be as well.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#14 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Jun 3, 2023 7:28 am

killmongrel wrote:I know that one of the biggest topics going into the off season is if Poole is going to be traded. And if he his, for what? So I took a look at all the teams the Warriors might be interested in doing business with and what players could be involved. Looked at fit and salaries and availability and if we had the assets to get them. Please don't get on my case about how we shouldn't trade Poole. That's besides the point of this exercise. Just something I found interesting so that some people can have an idea of what's out there. Didn't do multi-team trades because that is just way more complicated.

Jordan Poole: 28m salary

So what do you guys think? Of course some are more far fetched than others.

- Phoenix Suns: Ayton for Poole. Sun's want to move off Paul's age and injuries and go young and healthy. But actually I think more likely Indiana gets included. Indiana has interest in Ayton, they think he could be better in a new situation which is basically Poole here. Add fillers as you please.

Warriors Trade: Poole
Warriors Receive: Turner

Pacers Trade: Turner
Pacers Recieve: Ayton

Suns Trade: Ayton
Suns Recieve: Poole

- Toronto Raptors: Poole + Kuminga for OG, OPJ, and Boucher. Raptors issue is all that talent they have is in the front court and they are worried about OG only having one year left on his deal. Imo this is our best deal, if the Raptors are high on Boucher maybe it becomes Young instead.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#15 » by cladden » Sat Jun 3, 2023 6:33 pm

HiRez wrote:Finding a trade for only Poole would be nice, but if they have to include Kuminga I’m looking for Dinwiddie + Claxton. Although they both only have 1 year left on their contracts so that could be tricky.

So you're saying you'd rather have Divwiddie and Claxton than Kuminga and Poole? Is this to save Lacob money?
Upperclass
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by Upperclass » Sun Jun 4, 2023 2:13 am

Romulus wrote:There will be a market for Poole, promise. He's young, he can score, and at times, he's been very good. For example, last year without Klay, Poole started and was VERY good with Curry. He's never played as well off the bench. Also, and most GMs around the league know this, he's a poor fit in the Kerr offense that stresses passing and ball movement. He's likely to be much better in a different offense with a different coach. And of course, he just went through the emotional damage of having a teammate, one of the "leaders" on the team punch him the face while having the video of it go viral.

If I'm another team, yes, I've got to find a way for him to make less mistakes, play better defense, but he has a natural gift for scoring and drawing fouls. If this team is lacking scoring punch (pardon the pun), I could see them biting on Poole. For example, the Raptors, would be a likely fit. And yes, you might have to throw Kuminga and picks in the deal as well for a Siakam or OG. But the Warriors need to pull the trigger on a Poole trade because he's not likely to ever start with Klay being here and he's also likely not to ever improve his defense or mistakes with Kerr coaching him.

Make the move on draft day. This team needs change -- and so does Jordan Poole.

Siakam would have to be Draymonds replacement..
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#17 » by cdubbz » Sun Jun 4, 2023 2:39 am

I proposed this in the trade thread and I think I got it from one of the Warriors podcasts. Makes a lot of sense for both sides.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by Upperclass » Sun Jun 4, 2023 3:44 am

Claxton next to Draymond would be played off the floor. You cant have 2 non-shooters at 4 & 5 in a lineup that depends on movement. Dinwiddie by all accounts is awful in the locker room. He'd be gone by the deadline.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#19 » by Kuya » Sun Jun 4, 2023 5:56 am

Can we really get Porzingis for Poole?

Sent from my SM-S908U using RealGM mobile app
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#20 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jun 4, 2023 6:27 am

Kuya wrote:Can we really get Porzingis for Poole?

Sent from my SM-S908U using RealGM mobile app

Not likely.

Read on Twitter

Return to Golden State Warriors