Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Slim Jones
Ballboy
And1: 0

Pachulia for Petey and T Hud 

Post#1 » by Slim Jones » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:37 pm

Zaza is now a problem child in Atlanta.
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... l_to_team/

And the Hawks are looking to be major players in the free agent market, so a little extra cap relief might be enticing.

Zaza for Petrius and the rapper extra-ordinary, THud. (works on trade checker.)

Warriors get a big, mobile body. He can come off the bench to spell Beans, or man up next to Beans for our tall and European front court.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH7WnR_cx00

Pros for Zaza:
he can shoot decently from 15, he is foreign, he addresses people by sir so Nellie's power complex will be stroked, he can run, his contract is decent at $4mil, he likes to get suspended
Cons: he will count for at least $4 mil against the books next year, and we need to be ever so delicate because we should re-sign Beans, and definitely need to re-sign the Mississippi bullet.

Petey is garbage for us because he can't play in controlled chaos. True, he makes me laugh, he claims the ladies love him (I don't have any evidence on the contrary), and he is the only guy dumb enough to get a barbed wire tattoo on our team (and we have a lot of bad tattoos).

Pros for the Hawks:
His deal is expiring, he can back up Joe Johnson, and Zaza has worn out his welcome.
Cons: Petey doesn't like soul food, and in Hotlanta, that could be a problem.
Here is the Hawks board feeling on Zaza:
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?topic=753265

Looks like a win for both teams...
Slim Jones
Ballboy

Post#2 » by Slim Jones » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:38 pm

And here are some girls for Petey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFMN2oPjvAc
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#3 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:55 pm

Expiring contracts only
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,493

Post#4 » by WarFan » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:29 pm

Yeah, don't want to add salary for next year.
Also, Atlanta is the last team that I would want to help get cap room because both Andris and Monta would be good fits there. As it is now, they won't have enough space to make a large enough offer, as long as they resign Childress and Smoove. If they get another $4 million in cap room they could probably make a big enough offer to one of them that would not be worth matching.
WarriorFAN4eva
Sophomore

Post#5 » by WarriorFAN4eva » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:30 pm

Buy low trades are exactly what we need right now. Just a small change that will help catapult this team into a top 5 squad. With Zaza actin' a fool, and Sheldon Williams put on the back burner to Horford (the better version of Sheldon), the time is now to pull off a trade like this.

Golden State Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -2.6 ppg, +1.7 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

Incoming Players
Shelden Williams
6-9 PF from Duke
3.0 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.3 apg in 12.2 minutes
Zaza Pachulia
6-11 C / C from Georgia (Foreign)
5.0 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.4 apg in 15.2 minutes

Outgoing Players
Troy Hudson (who they cut)
6-1 PG from Southern Illinois
3.1 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.4 minutes
Patrick O'Bryant
7-0 C from Bradley
1.5 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 4.5 minutes
Mickael Pietrus
6-6 SG / SF from France (Foreign)
6.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 17.3 minutes

and our 2008 2nd Round Pick

-->
Slim Jones
Ballboy

Post#6 » by Slim Jones » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:47 pm

Another possibility:

Zaza and Salim Stoudamire for Petey and Kosta (I trust Mulson to only include Kosta if they think he has minimal upside and his incredible Sat night performance was a fluke...ha ha ha).

We pick up a contract, but it gets somewhat offset by losing another.

The crux is Zaza can be had for cents on the dollar, and Petey with his expiring is decent enough to make the deal work.

We always complain that we need rebounding, but right now, our first three guys off the bench (Barnes, MP, and Buke) are one and the same, small forwards who can get to loose balls but not board with the big boys.

Trade the most tradeable and expendable of the three-headed SF scrapheap, and pick up a serviceable big who is a vet, knows the league, and can still eat pickled herring with Beans after the game!
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,493

Post#7 » by WarFan » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:48 pm

All right, so forget the money, both these guys are average rebounders and shoot less than 40%. They'd never see the court.

And frankly, I don't want to see them.

Ughhhh!
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,278

Post#8 » by turk3d » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:05 pm

WarFan wrote:All right, so forget the money, both these guys are average rebounders and shoot less than 40%. They'd never see the court.

And frankly, I don't want to see them.
(picture)

(picture)

Ughhhh!

+1
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Slim Jones
Ballboy

Post#9 » by Slim Jones » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:14 pm

So I guess Petey should say the women AND the men love him. I know this is the Bay, and y'all can get down however you see fit, but let's not pick our team based on looks....
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#10 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:30 pm

Anything with Shelden is an automatic no... one of the easiest players to recognize as a bust in the lotto and ATL was more than willing to take the honor...

I'd take Zaza... I just dont want a contract signed in the offseason that outdates the Nellie era. I'm more scared of that than missing out on the FAs this offseason, which is likely now down to Arenas, and I'm still skeptical of him improving us unless we find a taker for Baron...
crzy
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by crzy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:56 pm

No thanks to Zaza.

No thanks to Shelden.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#12 » by old rem » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:00 pm

WarriorFAN4eva wrote:Buy low trades are exactly what we need right now. Just a small change that will help catapult this team into a top 5 squad. With Zaza actin' a fool, and Sheldon Williams put on the back burner to Horford (the better version of Sheldon), the time is now to pull off a trade like this.

Golden State Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -2.6 ppg, +1.7 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

Incoming Players
Shelden Williams
6-9 PF from Duke
3.0 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.3 apg in 12.2 minutes
Zaza Pachulia
6-11 C / C from Georgia (Foreign)
5.0 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.4 apg in 15.2 minutes

Outgoing Players
Troy Hudson (who they cut)
6-1 PG from Southern Illinois
3.1 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 10.4 minutes
Patrick O'Bryant
7-0 C from Bradley
1.5 ppg, 1.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 4.5 minutes
Mickael Pietrus
6-6 SG / SF from France (Foreign)
6.0 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 0.6 apg in 17.3 minutes

and our 2008 2nd Round Pick

-->

Hell yeah.....I'd make that rd 2 a 2010 rd 1 instead. I'd still feel good about it. Even if we sent Croshere instead of THud-it's good. Nellie would find that when he wants to play an undersize C..Sheldon shines in that role. When he wants a tall guy with a jump shot-that's Zaza. I'd be looking at Zaza as trade bait down the line-but he's certainly a useable player.

I don't see ATL or many others having in excess of $10 mill to throw around in free agency. Then again.....how cheap is the front office now? Might some team offer Beans less than we think and Cohen says...sorry...can't afford that? :o
CENSORED... No comment.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,278

Post#13 » by turk3d » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:00 pm

Oldrem, do we really want to be committed to another 8M in salary next year? Not for those two guys and not even for a #1 pick (unless it's totally unprotected and we're almost certain that it's top 3) but even then we're likely going to sacrifice resigning either Biedrins or Monta.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice

Return to Golden State Warriors