Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#341 » by cdubbz » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:31 am

Gotta convince Brook Lopez to sign with us for the minimum
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#342 » by wco81 » Fri May 4, 2018 2:30 am

Marcus Smart is an RFA. He can guard 1-4 it seems and run the offense, can't shoot much. Kind of a younger, shorter Iggy.

He'll look to get paid so the Warriors can't afford him but Celtics may try to lowball him since he's a poor shooter and only a few teams have cap space.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#343 » by Commodor » Wed May 16, 2018 10:17 pm

Curry/Livingston/Cook
Klay/McCaw
KD/Iguodala/1st round pick
Green/Brandon Wright/Boucher
Looney/Jones/Bell

The most important targets are clearly Looney and McCaw. Hopefully they wont be priced out of our range, as I think everyone from the FO, to the fans, to the players would love to have them back.

Next I think we will take a wing player in the draft. I just don't see much need a PG or C the way the current roster is built. It will likely be BPA.

Leaving two empty spots.

I predict we will keep one open for g-league call-ups or waivers later in the season.

So for the last spot I have 4 on the wish list - with one super-reach - in order of preference below.

Danny Green ~ Super reach
Brandon Wright
Marco Belinelli
Javale McGee
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#344 » by BW32 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:50 am

I could see Marco beign realistic if he really wants to contend but you'd have to give him Shaun's minutes.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#345 » by and1GS » Tue May 22, 2018 5:02 pm

wco81 wrote:Marcus Smart is an RFA. He can guard 1-4 it seems and run the offense, can't shoot much. Kind of a younger, shorter Iggy.

He'll look to get paid so the Warriors can't afford him but Celtics may try to lowball him since he's a poor shooter and only a few teams have cap space.

I believe he's an RFA and I'd be surprised if a team gave him around 11-14m/year. I think they match up to 10m. He can't shoot for **** and he's small, but he can guard anybody and is an incredibly versatile, team-first player that every team would love to have on their roster.

He'd be a great add for us, but I am concerned his ball handling isn't on the same level as Shaun/Andre. I think it comes down to who we're trimming from the centers and if we see McCaw as a viable contributor on a championship caliber roster.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
StroShow6
Sophomore
And1: 98

Post#346 » by StroShow6 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:42 am

Myers focus has to be improving the bench and adding more scoring off the bench more specifically.
Also replacing Zaza/West and possibly McGee.

Not sure how much Beasley and Len would command on the open market but I feel they would be ideal fits on the Warriors. Also would love Grayson Allen in the draft.

Steph Curry / Shaun Livingston / Quinn Cook
Klay Thompson / Grayson Allen / Pat McCaw
Kevin Durant / Andre Igoudala / Michael Beasley
Draymond Green / Jordan Bell
Alex Len / Kevon Looney / Damien Jones
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#347 » by BW32 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:57 pm

I'd keep McGee because I think Looney will walk, alot could be solved if Jones broke into the rotation, even on 15 min a night a legit big with that type of athletic ability would be really nice.

Looking at FA's there isn't alot at forward so I hope we can get a solid one in the draft. For guard you have Marco, there's also Bradley but he's not affordable IMO and Tyreke but I personally don't like him.

Also don't like the idea of spending our only exception on a big but for the sake of argument Ed Davis is out there if you are starved for rebounding.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#348 » by Phase 3 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:08 pm

I think Looney will get a better offer somewhere else. I think West will retire. I’d let Zaza walk. I’d bring back McGee if he wants to come back cheap again...and that would leave us with Bell, Jones, and McGee at center. I’d try to add a big that can shoot to add to that trio. You’d be limited to the vet minimum so I’d try to see if someone like Channing Frye was interested. Bell, Jones, McGee, and Frye would be a serviceable center tandem. Bell gives you a mobile big for defending 3point shooting teams, McGee gives you that long athletic center, and Frye gives you the change of pace center that can stretch the floor. It would be nice to think we can count on Jones but he’s still a mystery and the Warriors need to make him earn a rotation role...not just gift it to him.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#349 » by wco81 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:25 pm

Problem with that is you don't have anyone strong enough to deal with players like Nurkic and Adams.

There have definitely been times when Zaza was the most effective big against players like them.

In a playoffs series, Draymond will bang against those players. But in the regular season, you don't want him worn out going against much heavier players all the time.

I don't think there are any 7-footers who can deal with good ISO players like those on Houston or Lebron.

Can Jones still be on a 2-way deal next year? Or do they have to keep him on the main roster?
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#350 » by Phase 3 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:51 pm

wco81 wrote:Problem with that is you don't have anyone strong enough to deal with players like Nurkic and Adams.

There have definitely been times when Zaza was the most effective big against players like them.

In a playoffs series, Draymond will bang against those players. But in the regular season, you don't want him worn out going against much heavier players all the time.

I don't think there are any 7-footers who can deal with good ISO players like those on Houston or Lebron.

Can Jones still be on a 2-way deal next year? Or do they have to keep him on the main roster?

Jones can’t be on a 2-way deal...The problem is, the Warriors need to find a center willing to come here for the vet minimum. That really limits the options. From what I’ve heard and read, the Warriors plan on using their taxpayer mle(or is it room mle?) on a shooter/scorer off the bench. They know they really mucked up the Young signing. I guess they can always see if some package centered around Livingston could land them a center they like via trade. Or they could see if a guy like Nerlens Noel would be interested in a small 1 year deal to try and rebuild his value. I don’t know...we’ll see how it plays out. I think improving the guards and the wings on the bench is a much bigger priority than a center. They can always throw McGee(and Jones/Bell) out there to eat up regular season center minutes and save Draymond’s body.
StroShow6
Sophomore
And1: 98

Post#351 » by StroShow6 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:13 pm

cdubbz wrote:Gotta convince Brook Lopez to sign with us for the minimum

this is not completely out of the picture, he's made a lot of money and he's gotta be tired of losing. And it just so happens the warriors will likely have a spot open at center...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#352 » by Mylie10 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:16 pm

Lopez has to be a vet min, because he probably doesn't play in the Playoffs for the most part due to crap defense. But he would be a good add at that price.

I too thought of Beasley as a good fit for our bench scoring needs. And he's good friends with Durant. He too would have to be cheap, because I want to match reasonable offers to Looney first. But his scoring would be huge for us. And I think our team could get him to play the right way. Would be great for his legacy.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#353 » by cdubbz » Tue May 29, 2018 3:58 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Lopez has to be a vet min, because he probably doesn't play in the Playoffs for the most part due to crap defense. But he would be a good add at that price.

I too thought of Beasley as a good fit for our bench scoring needs. And he's good friends with Durant. He too would have to be cheap, because I want to match reasonable offers to Looney first. But his scoring would be huge for us. And I think our team could get him to play the right way. Would be great for his legacy.

Supercoolbeas would be good for our bench. The KD factor helps too andove he's a "tough" guy. He's getting paid $2mil now.

Will McGee flee for more money? Do weet zaza walk? Does Damion Jones finally make rotation? Do we keep Looney? Lots of big man questions and needs
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#354 » by cdubbz » Tue May 29, 2018 3:59 pm

Oh Aaron Afflalo...he have antthing left in the tank? Cheap tough wing defender and shooter
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#355 » by Mylie10 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:01 pm

cdubbz wrote:Oh Aaron Afflalo...he have antthing left in the tank? Cheap tough wing defender and shooter

He has sucked for 3 years straight....I hope you're joking.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#356 » by cdubbz » Tue May 29, 2018 5:01 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Oh Aaron Afflalo...he have antthing left in the tank? Cheap tough wing defender and shooter

He has sucked for 3 years straight....I hope you're joking.

Haven't seen him play in forever.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#357 » by shazam_guy » Tue May 29, 2018 10:35 pm

Is Aaron Afflalo still alive?
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#358 » by cdubbz » Thu May 31, 2018 3:50 am

Is JJ redick too good and young to go for the minimum?
BW32
Lead Assistant

Post#359 » by BW32 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:08 am

I think Philly will bring him back for alot less but still more than we can afford, also he's starting so they have that going for them. That's assuming they aren't under new managment because of the whole twitter thing.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#360 » by SFrush » Thu May 31, 2018 6:41 am

StroShow6 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Gotta convince Brook Lopez to sign with us for the minimum

this is not completely out of the picture, he's made a lot of money and he's gotta be tired of losing. And it just so happens the warriors will likely have a spot open at center...

I'm not that high on Lopez. The defense and rebounding is subpar.

Return to Golden State Warriors