ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1461 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:55 am

B-King wrote:I think the Warriors need an additional active big. Via the draft, I like Wiseman and Okongwu. In terms of TPE, Bobby Portis or Clint Capela fit there. New York might be a good trade partner to swap picks and Portis for the TPE. Ball might be high on their draft board and Okongwu might be available at the Knicks slot.

No thanks on Capela, the other 3 would be fine.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#1462 » by wco81 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:08 am

Capela is under contract isn't he?

And Atlanta wants to keep him?

Actually I thought Capela played well against players like Gobert in the playoffs. Of course in general, centers are taken out of the game in the playoffs. But over the slog of the regular season, you need size because most top teams will have at least a couple of 7-footers.

You can't play the death lineup 35 minutes against centers all the time.

But like I said, he's on that extension.
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#1463 » by kingcong95 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:51 pm

B-King wrote:I think the Warriors need an additional active big. Via the draft, I like Wiseman and Okongwu. In terms of TPE, Bobby Portis or Clint Capela fit there. New York might be a good trade partner to swap picks and Portis for the TPE. Ball might be high on their draft board and Okongwu might be available at the Knicks slot.

I don't see Portis as what we want in a center, he is a PF that we already have too many of.
But even then, I'd expect the Knicks to turn down their team option on him, rendering the TPE unnecessary. If/when he reaches the open market I would not be eager to give him more than the minimum, if at all.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#1464 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:09 pm

BongBoyKlay wrote:I heard that the Cavs are interested in drafting a true PG so that Garland/Sexton can play more off-ball as a scorer. If we land above the Cavs in the lottery by a couple of spots, trading down with them could be an interesting possibility if the Cavs are actually looking to draft a PG at the top.

Warriors trade their 2020 pick to the Cavs for their 2020 pick and either Garland or Sexton.

This is assuming that the Warriors don't like the players at the top such as Edwards and Ball. This trade allows the Warriors to get the player they want, while also adding a backup scoring guard off of the bench that can learn from Steph and hopefully take his spot as he ages.

Who says no?

When Warriors are at their best, they have a bunch of 6'7" guys switching everything and picking on smaller teams.

I'm not interested (as fantasy GM lol) of picking up any smallish players at this point. Curry needs size around him....Warriors need ability to switch everything.

If the player is not 6'5" or taller....I'll pass.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
BongBoyKlay
Sophomore
And1: 47

Post#1465 » by BongBoyKlay » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:59 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
BongBoyKlay wrote:I heard that the Cavs are interested in drafting a true PG so that Garland/Sexton can play more off-ball as a scorer. If we land above the Cavs in the lottery by a couple of spots, trading down with them could be an interesting possibility if the Cavs are actually looking to draft a PG at the top.

Warriors trade their 2020 pick to the Cavs for their 2020 pick and either Garland or Sexton.

This is assuming that the Warriors don't like the players at the top such as Edwards and Ball. This trade allows the Warriors to get the player they want, while also adding a backup scoring guard off of the bench that can learn from Steph and hopefully take his spot as he ages.

Who says no?

When Warriors are at their best, they have a bunch of 6'7" guys switching everything and picking on smaller teams.

I'm not interested (as fantasy GM lol) of picking up any smallish players at this point. Curry needs size around him....Warriors need ability to switch everything.

If the player is not 6'5" or taller....I'll pass.

I agree that the fit is not ideal, but this trade would be more to accumulate young assets. If we can move down a few spots in the draft and still get the guy we want, while also adding a young former lottery pick, then I think this will put us in a better position moving forward. We would essentially be adding a young guard with potential for free without losing any assets.

In the short term, the guard can be used for instant offense of the bench, and in the long term, this player is another asset that can be included in a trade package for a star player.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 709

Post#1466 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:59 pm

Dallas fan here, I also like Warriors and there is a player that I would love to see on his team, Gordon Hayward thought about 3 teams where Drumond went to Boston ... but what interests me here, is that they think about the Hayward adjustment in Warriors ... would they? Curry, Klay, Hayward, Green, (Gasol / Baynes)
1+1=11
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#1467 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:37 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:Dallas fan here, I also like Warriors and there is a player that I would love to see on his team, Gordon Hayward thought about 3 teams where Drumond went to Boston ... but what interests me here, is that they think about the Hayward adjustment in Warriors ... would they? Curry, Klay, Hayward, Green, (Gasol / Baynes)

I'd love Hayward on this team, and obviously Wiggins would be going out in the deal (to Cleveland). The question is "how much would the Warriors have to give up (to Cleveland, so that they'd take Wiggins' deal)", and that's where any 3-way deal would be very difficult to construct.

For what it's worth, I don't think the Celtics would go hard after Drummond, he doesn't seem (to me, at least) to be their kind of player.....
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
B-King
Rookie
And1: 203

Post#1468 » by B-King » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:15 am

ChuckDurn wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:Dallas fan here, I also like Warriors and there is a player that I would love to see on his team, Gordon Hayward thought about 3 teams where Drumond went to Boston ... but what interests me here, is that they think about the Hayward adjustment in Warriors ... would they? Curry, Klay, Hayward, Green, (Gasol / Baynes)

I'd love Hayward on this team, and obviously Wiggins would be going out in the deal (to Cleveland). The question is "how much would the Warriors have to give up (to Cleveland, so that they'd take Wiggins' deal)", and that's where any 3-way deal would be very difficult to construct.

For what it's worth, I don't think the Celtics would go hard after Drummond, he doesn't seem (to me, at least) to be their kind of player.....

Not sure if the Celtics are willing to move from Hayward without getting more interior defense. Draymond is an intriguing addition to that team, but I think they are still on the road to recovery after Kyrie (addition through subtraction). I just don't know why Ainge let Horford (most likely money) and Baynes go.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#1469 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:38 am

Not a fan of Hayward at all...That fact that Utah got better after he left (at least for that season) says something. He's just too slow and methodical for the fast pace the Warriors thrive in. How much better has he made the Celtics? I know he's been injured but ask this question: What does he do for the Celtics that win them big games down the stretch? To me he's a way overpaid roll player.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#1470 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:10 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Not a fan of Hayward at all...That fact that Utah got better after he left (at least for that season) says something. He's just too slow and methodical for the fast pace the Warriors thrive in. How much better has he made the Celtics? I know he's been injured but ask this question: What does he do for the Celtics that win them big games down the stretch? To me he's a way overpaid roll player.

Gordon can shoot, he can drive a little, at 17/6/4, ami seems like a great improvement over Wiggins ... but surely you know better than me what they need
1+1=11
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#1471 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:58 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:

GSW-In Hayward/#2
Out Wiggins/#1/Looney/1 Timberwolves(21)
Curry
Klay
Hayward
Green
(Wiseman)

BOSTON-In Drummond/C.Osman
Out Hayward
Kemba
Brown/Smart
Osman
Tatum
Drummond/Theis

CLEVELAND-In Wiggins/Looney/#1(20)/1 Timberwolves (21)
Out Drummond/Osman
Sexton
Edwards
Wiggins
Love
Thompson
1+1=11
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#1472 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:36 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:

GSW-In Hayward/#2
Curry
Klay
Hayward
Green
(Wiseman)

Out Hayward
Kemba
Brown/Smart
Osman
Tatum
Drummond/Theis

Out Drummond/Osman
Sexton
Edwards
Wiggins
Love
Thompson

If I understand correctly, this has the Warriors trading both their #1 pick this year (top-5), as well as the pick they have from the Timberwolves in 2021. Hayward doesn't move the needle enough to give up that much draft collateral, plus it doesn't actually leave them with a way that they'd get Wiseman (who you show as part of the roster).

That's the problem with this idea - the Warriors wouldn't want to give up as much draft pick value as it would likely take to get Cleveland to take Wiggins.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#1473 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:46 pm

Hayward would be great on the Warriors, but not on a huge contract. He moves himself and the ball, he works on defense and he shoots the ball well. He's a perfect vet off the bench for them. But not at the cost of Wiggins let along 1 or 2 draft picks.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst

Post#1474 » by Mike lorenzo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:56 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:I'd love Hayward on this team, and obviously Wiggins would be going out in the deal (to Cleveland). The question is "how much would the Warriors have to give up (to Cleveland, so that they'd take Wiggins' deal)", and that's where any 3-way deal would be very difficult to construct.

GSW-In Hayward/#2
Curry
Klay
Hayward
Green
(Wiseman)

Out Hayward
Kemba
Brown/Smart
Osman
Tatum
Drummond/Theis

Out Drummond/Osman
Sexton
Edwards
Wiggins
Love
Thompson

If I understand correctly, this has the Warriors trading both their #1 pick this year (top-5), as well as the pick they have from the Timberwolves in 2021. Hayward doesn't move the needle enough to give up that much draft collateral, plus it doesn't actually leave them with a way that they'd get Wiseman (who you show as part of the roster).

That's the problem with this idea - the Warriors wouldn't want to give up as much draft pick value as it would likely take to get Cleveland to take Wiggins.

have finds that this selection (21) is surely a late 1 .... loses # 1 (hypothetically) but recovers # 2 Wiseman should be there
1+1=11
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#1475 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:03 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:GSW-In Hayward/#2
Curry
Klay
Hayward
Green
(Wiseman)

Out Hayward
Kemba
Brown/Smart
Osman
Tatum
Drummond/Theis

Out Drummond/Osman
Sexton
Edwards
Wiggins
Love
Thompson

have finds that this selection (21) is surely a late 1 .... loses # 1 (hypothetically) but recovers # 2 Wiseman should be there

I have no idea what you're saying here. Can you write complete sentences, with punctuation?

Somehow the Warriors trade the #1 pick, but get the #2 pick back, and use it to draft Wiseman? Is that what you're saying? How exactly would that happen?
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#1476 » by Onus » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:37 am

ChuckDurn wrote:
Mike lorenzo wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:If I understand correctly, this has the Warriors trading both their #1 pick this year (top-5), as well as the pick they have from the Timberwolves in 2021. Hayward doesn't move the needle enough to give up that much draft collateral, plus it doesn't actually leave them with a way that they'd get Wiseman (who you show as part of the roster).

I have no idea what you're saying here. Can you write complete sentences, with punctuation?

Somehow the Warriors trade the #1 pick, but get the #2 pick back, and use it to draft Wiseman? Is that what you're saying? How exactly would that happen?

He’s saying the Celtics send out #20. The warriors only send out a first in 21.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#1477 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:40 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:Hayward would be great on the Warriors, but not on a huge contract. He moves himself and the ball, he works on defense and he shoots the ball well. He's a perfect vet off the bench for them. But not at the cost of Wiggins let along 1 or 2 draft picks.

Great? Hmmm. He would be great as a 6th man type on a much cheaper contract.

He's in the same camp to me as Rudy Goober.....Both have really high reputations but neither moves the needle in making a difference when it counts. IMO Rudy is a completely overhyped stiff (relative to his reputation). He's slow as hell....average to bad hands....and WTF has he done to put Utah into a next level? We are talking about a 7' supposed stud yet every year wins or losses on on the shoulders of all the other players.

Hayward to me is that same type of dude. If he was that good why doesn't he ever take a game over for the Celtics?

Both Rudy and Hayward were on Utah and they couldn't get deep into the playoffs. Both, IMO, are decent roll players but that' sit.

I'll keep Wiggins before I trade him even straight up for Hayward.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#1478 » by cdubbz » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:49 am

Wiggins for Embiid is in play. Philly has Horford still. We can sweeten deal by adding this years lottery pick.

Curry
Klay
MLE
Green
Embiid

Paschall
Chriss
Poole
TPE
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#1479 » by The Maestro » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:07 am

cdubbz wrote:Wiggins for Embiid is in play. Philly has Horford still. We can sweeten deal by adding this years lottery pick.

Curry
Klay
MLE
Green
Embiid

Paschall
Chriss
Poole
TPE

Sixers have Harris and Simmons already. Why would they want Wiggins? Would have to be a 3 team deal.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#1480 » by Warriors Analyst » Sun Aug 2, 2020 3:19 pm

cdubbz wrote:Wiggins for Embiid is in play. Philly has Horford still. We can sweeten deal by adding this years lottery pick.

Curry
Klay
MLE
Green
Embiid

Paschall
Chriss
Poole
TPE

In what world do we have the assets for Embiid? Wiggins is widely viewed as a negative contract, whereas Embiid is a dominant two-way center and perennial all-star. We don't have the picks to offer Philadelphia to make that trade worth their while and there's no way in hell that Horford's presence is going to make them willing to trade Embiid.

Return to Golden State Warriors