ImageImageImageImageImage

Durant much better player. Wiggins ... better fit.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Durant much better player. Wiggins ... better fit. 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:31 am

Sounds crazy but I think the Warriors with Wiggins will play a more effective brand of team ball than they did with Durant. Why, because Wiggins is a natural third option, a better slasher...and I think...he'll be a better switch rotation defender.

Don't get me wrong. Durant made the Warriors unbeatable ... but it was because He was a god offensively. There were a few stretches where Warriors were not the same ball movement team...Warriors took turns going god mode on teams....but they were never the breathtaking ball movement team of the 2015/16 seasons.

I'm not saying Wiggins' Warriors will be better overall...just that their offense will run much more efficiently and Wiggins lengthy and style of ball deflection will create more fast breaks.

I think Myers and Kerr see this potential. It's the main reason he won't get traded. He's a gem...they see the perfect fit and his talents and believe he will be help bring back some of the pre-Durant team magic.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Re: Durant much better player. Wiggins ... better fit. 

Post#2 » by Money_ » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:04 am

As much as I was glad that the Warriors were a successful enough team to attract a player like KD, I've always kind of wondered how they would have done without him. Taking that salary and talent and spreading over 2 or 3 players. Much more depth overall. Well we're about to see how that might have played out, only minus Igoudala and Livingston, and a few vets. KD is irreplaceable. But with more depth I think this team can go just as far.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#3 » by B-King » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:26 am

KD is the true unicorn / ultimate weapon. He is also like that smoking hot chick at the club and when you get her off the dance floor she starts spewing all that crazy gibberish talk, making you cringe just wanting her to shut up.

I miss him on the team and how good he made us, but I don't miss the annual drama, will he stay or go. Hopefully, he finds what he is looking for at his next stop because Kyrie and the Nets probably aren't the answer.

I wish him good fortune in the wars to comes.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#4 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:35 pm

There is something to this, but the less than ideal KD fit was still better than a less talented, less driven, better fit in Wiggins.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#5 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:57 pm

This is ridiculous. KD's fit was great. He was a 7 foot shot maker who could switch onto bigs and smalls alike. KD's ego problems were annoying, but there's no justification for saying Wiggins is a better fit.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#6 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:35 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:This is ridiculous. KD's fit was great. He was a 7 foot shot maker who could switch onto bigs and smalls alike. KD's ego problems were annoying, but there's no justification for saying Wiggins is a better fit.

Wiggins can be a better fit if he's willing to take part in the pace and space offense.

KD played mostly iso-ball. Most of the time KD stood above the 3pt line and watched Steph and Klay run off screens. Then they would pass to him on the block. We ran two different offenses, the Warriors offense and KD isolations.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#7 » by Samurai » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:26 pm

KD a better player? Absolutely agree and don't see how anyone could argue that. Wiggins a better fit? Maybe, but I personally haven't seen how he actually blends in with a healthy Steph and Klay. Potentially seems like a good fit on paper but the games are played on the court and not on paper.
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Post#8 » by BG » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:41 pm

the love Wiggings is getting on here lately is really getting out of hand :crazy:
Warriors!!!
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#9 » by jamesnamida » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:59 pm

Kd was also perfect for us defensively.
I would've shipped draymond out in a heartbeat if it meant kd stays- Even tho green means more to the franchise.
Wiggins can be a better barnes tho- considering how poorly he performed in the 16 finals.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,286

Post#10 » by CS707 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:04 pm

I don't see it. We were basically unbeatable with a healthy squad and KD. How much better can you get?
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#11 » by ClutchUp » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:04 pm

Yeah I'm not going that far.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#12 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:14 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:This is ridiculous. KD's fit was great. He was a 7 foot shot maker who could switch onto bigs and smalls alike. KD's ego problems were annoying, but there's no justification for saying Wiggins is a better fit.

None what so ever.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#13 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:31 am

Great post. And thinks for mentioning that the only thing that ruined the fit, was Durant’s pea brain
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
nismolos
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#14 » by nismolos » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:41 am

Ive been saying the same thing. Wiggins can be what Barnes was supposed to be. More athletic, more skilled. Doesn't have the trex arms or stiffness that Barnes had. Defensively he may not be as consistent but has shown better defensive flashes in a few games than I saw in Barnes' whole career.

What determines whether we are contenders again will not be our core of Curry/Thompson/Green/Wiggins...They are talented enough to win us a chip. The question is who is going to defend AD, and our bench depth. We need replacements for Iggy, and 2015 Bogut (Gasol hopefully)

Don't get me wrong, we were better overall with KD. But there is definitely something to us being more efficient overall with Steph and Klay being the alpha dogs versus with KD. We aren't trying to replace KD. We are trying to recreate and/or improve on the 2015 team. I don't think the 2015/16 Warriors were much of a drop-off compared to the 17-18 Warriors.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#15 » by Coxy » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:05 am

Mylie10 wrote:

Great post. And thinks for mentioning that the only thing that ruined the fit, was Durant’s pea brain

Pea sized for sure.

Durant was the perfect player on court for us. We were literally unstoppable at full strength with him, and I don't care what anyone says, that team would have rolled the '96 Bulls team in a sweep. Best team of all time.

If Durant's brain was a pea, then Wiggins brain is a corn kernal. Same size, different ingredients.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#16 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:29 am

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Pea sized for sure.

Durant was the perfect player on court for us. We were literally unstoppable at full strength with him, and I don't care what anyone says, that team would have rolled the '96 Bulls team in a sweep. Best team of all time.

If Durant's brain was a pea, then Wiggins brain is a corn kernal. Same size, different ingredients.

At least Durant was a killer on the court. Wiggins is more like a kitty cat until proven otherwise.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#17 » by Little Digger » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:40 am

I loved the team chemistry and style of play that came along with championships in the 1975 and 2015 seasons..it’s possible with Wiggins in the rotation..impossible with sour grapes iso-man
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#18 » by HiRez » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:40 am

jamesnamida wrote:Wiggins can be a better barnes tho- considering how poorly he performed in the 16 finals.

That's exactly all I'm hoping he is, and it should be enough. We'll see what playing with Steph, Klay, and Draymond does for him. To be a really clear upgrade he needs to get his 3P% up about another 3-4%+ (he's was right around 33%-34% in Minnesota). And I think that is probably achievable.
BG
Sixth Man
And1: 458

Post#19 » by BG » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:39 am

HiRez wrote:
jamesnamida wrote:Wiggins can be a better barnes tho- considering how poorly he performed in the 16 finals.

That's exactly all I'm hoping he is, and it should be enough. We'll see what playing with Steph, Klay, and Draymond does for him. To be a really clear upgrade he needs to get his 3P% up about another 3-4%+ (he's was right around 33%-34% in Minnesota). And I think that is probably achievable.

to be an upgrade over barnes all he has to do is shoot like 6-32 over 3 games in a finals series :roll: :banghead:
Warriors!!!
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,161

Post#20 » by cpower » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:12 am

how is Wiggins a better fit than KD while he can't make threes and could not defend? thats like saying every single SF in the league is a good fit with the warriors.

Return to Golden State Warriors