ImageImageImageImageImage

Draymond out for at least 2 more weeks

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,296

Re: Draymond out for at least 2 more weeks 

Post#21 » by GunnerWRX » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:00 am

Guys keep bringing up Marc Gasol. I doubt he’s interested in returning to the NBA.

I like (liked) Marc as well.

Go watch the Pau Gasol documentary on Amazon Prime. Marc is in there quite a bit. He has his own team and runs lots of stuff. Doesn’t look like NBA is in his plans.
GunnerWRX
Veteran

Post#22 » by GunnerWRX » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:02 am

Maybe time to get Zaza ready for a return.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,589

Post#23 » by HiRez » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:26 am

GunnerWRX wrote:Maybe time to get Zaza ready for a return.

It’s not like age could have negatively affected his vertical…
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#24 » by watch1958 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:02 am

Do they need someone to get COVID to use an extra body, or can it be any injury?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,174

Post#25 » by watch1958 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:11 am

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:Cut Chiozza and sign Tacko Fall, then sign a big power forward to a 10 day contract.

Toscano, Wiggins and Porter are a little under sized for power forward. Wiseman isn't playing.

Kuminga sometimes looks like a cross between Karl Malone and Michael Jordan but if Kuminga was really a cross between Karl Malone and Michael Jordan he would be grabbing a lot more than 1 rebound be 36 minutes. Actually Kuminga is getting 6.6 rebounds per 36 minutes. I would prefer 8.5 rebounds per 36 from a guy with a bodyblike his but 6.6 rebounds is OK. He has started rebounding again after not rebounding in December. About half of NBA players have their best per minute rebounding numbers of their career in their 1st or 2nd year. Rookies go for the ball. Rookies don't box out and let the ball drop to one of their teammates. Rookies either overplay the help defense or don't play any help defense. Rookies foul a lot, particularly over the back loose ball foul calls but rookies do rebound well normally.
I get the impression you’re high on Tacko.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,248

Post#26 » by xdrta+ » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:32 pm

watch1958 wrote:Do they need someone to get COVID to use an extra body, or can it be any injury?

Normal hardship rules are that a team may add a player, temporarily going to 16 on the roster, if a team has four players injured who have missed at least three regular season games and will continue to be unable to play. The hardship ends when one of them is able to play again and then the team must release a player, either the added player or another, to get back to 15 roster limit.

With Covid, a team can add a hardship player for each player in Covid protocol and must release one when the player comes out. Speaking of Covid, the league went from about 100 players in protocol in late Dec, early Jan, to just 15 in protocol today.
GunnerWRX
Veteran

Post#27 » by GunnerWRX » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:15 pm

HiRez wrote:
GunnerWRX wrote:Maybe time to get Zaza ready for a return.

It’s not like age could have negatively affected his vertical…

Exactly. Still 0.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#28 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:07 pm

Warriors are an average team without their defensive coordinator/starting point guard Draymond Green.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#29 » by HiRez » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:01 pm

Draymond Green injury isn't 'doomsday scenario,' Bob Myers believes

So that’s when we thought maybe it’s just not a calf tightness thing because he was lacking some strength. And then you start doing an MRI and you see the disc.

Bob's trying to sound positive, but If you read between the lines, it's starting to sound a little ominous to me. Kuminga may be getting even more time than we thought.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,893

Post#30 » by Samurai » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:54 pm

While no one in the league truly replicates what Draymond brings to the table, it could be a very fortuitous thing that we drafted Kuminga when we did.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/jonathan-kuminga-has-chance-seize-role-draymond-green-out
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#31 » by and1GS » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:59 pm

HiRez wrote:Draymond Green injury isn't 'doomsday scenario,' Bob Myers believes

So that’s when we thought maybe it’s just not a calf tightness thing because he was lacking some strength. And then you start doing an MRI and you see the disc.

Bob's trying to sound positive, but If you read between the lines, it's starting to sound a little ominous to me. Kuminga may be getting even more time than we thought.

Do we know if it's a herniated or slipped disc? I've had two of the former and it results in debilitating nerve pain. Extremely painful, but I played through it. If you get a cortisone shot in it, you're back at 100% for 2 months. Slipped disc I've heard is quite different.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#32 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:45 pm

and1GS wrote:
HiRez wrote:Draymond Green injury isn't 'doomsday scenario,' Bob Myers believes

Do we know if it's a herniated or slipped disc? I've had two of the former and it results in debilitating nerve pain. Extremely painful, but I played through it. If you get a cortisone shot in it, you're back at 100% for 2 months. Slipped disc I've heard is quite different.

Back injuries are among the trickiest in terms of long-term prognosis. Nothing about what Myers said raises a flag for me.. in fact that he said Draymond hasnt plateaued is about the best news you could hear at this time. A frayed disc can be pushing on a nerve and causing the pain.. I had that exact thing happen by sitting down in a chair wrong, to give an idea of how easy that can be. 6 months of rehab before I relented and had surgery (instant fix, was back at 100% within a month of surgery)

Thing about a cortisone shot is that its really rolling the dice with long-term health, and I'd rather Dray just sit out or get stitched and get it over with, if it came to that. Unless the shot was part of a rehab program to release pressure on the sciatic nerve in the first place, assuming it is the sciatic nerve (90%?)
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,801

Post#33 » by floppymoose » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:15 pm

As someone who had a disc that erupted into my spinal nerves, it can definitely be different from described above. I was progessively in more pain for weeks. Misdiagnosed multiple times. Eventually a couldn’t walk more than 20 feet and couldnt sleep. Only in the ER did they think to MRI my back (pain was in hip).

The good part was surgery to remove the erupted portion of disc fixed everything, and i got strength back too after a couple of weeks, which was lucky.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:43 pm

floppymoose wrote:As someone who had a disc that erupted into my spinal nerves, it can definitely be different from described above. I was progessively in more pain for weeks. Misdiagnosed multiple times. Eventually a couldn’t walk more than 20 feet and couldnt sleep. Only in the ER did they think to MRI my back (pain was in hip).

The good part was surgery to remove the erupted portion of disc fixed everything, and i got strength back too after a couple of weeks, which was lucky.

Bolded and underlined what makes it very different. Initially Draymond was out with a calf issue, within 2 days they identified it as a nerve issue stemming from the back. They identified my ankle/leg pain as sciatic pretty quick, but still chose the non-surgical route for several months because there's a medical stigma about operating on the back of younger people, as it increases the chances of less mobility both in the short and long term

But once the rehab team has identified the root cause, which as you noted can take a long time when it comes to the public, then the prognosis looks much clearer. Is there still a chance that Dray could be out a significant amount of time? Absolutely - a minor tweak in his sleep could turn all the progress he's made upside down. But athletes (obviously/unfortunately) get a much higher standard of care and will get full workups for minor things, while everyday people get that kind of thing rationed.. and especially so since COVID
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#35 » by marthafokker » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:53 am

GSW bb so hard to watch without Dray.... Two weeks here yet? Seems like a month ago.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#36 » by HiRez » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:36 am

The fact that they said less than a week ago he’d only be re-evaluated in 2 weeks probably means it’s still going to be a while, and that’s even assuming nothing is seriously wrong. And lower back problems usually aren’t the kind of thing you can simply play through. If you’re not all good you’ll keep re-aggravating it and basketball is one of the worst things you can do since it involves lots of high impact spinal compressions from jumping and landing.

Hopefully it’s a minor strain and he’s fine with a little rest but I doubt we’ll see him play in the next 10 days minimum. They will be extra careful. While they’re scuffling without Draymond, they’re doing OK. They don’t need him back Immediately.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:19 pm

HiRez wrote:The fact that they said less than a week ago he’d only be re-evaluated in 2 weeks probably means it’s still going to be a while, and that’s even assuming nothing is seriously wrong. And lower back problems usually aren’t the kind of thing you can simply play through. If you’re not all good you’ll keep re-aggravating it and basketball is one of the worst things you can do since it involves lots of high impact spinal compressions from jumping and landing.

Hopefully it’s a minor strain and he’s fine with a little rest but I doubt we’ll see him play in the next 10 days minimum. They will be extra careful. While they’re scuffling without Draymond, they’re doing OK. They don’t need him back Immediately.

This won’t stop fans from the usual “but they said 2 weeks!” mantra where, once it takes a bit longer, doomsday scenarios will be talked about

It was done with Curry
It was done with Bogut
It was done with Durant
It’s being done with Wiseman
It will be done with Dray
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#38 » by and1GS » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:00 pm

If it is a nerve issue he has a while left. It can improve over about a month, but it will still be lingering and can exacerbated to the point of debilitating pain at any time. He will need offseason surgery, but that is always risky of course (Kerr had that disaster situation). But hey if anyone has a fix for it let me know because I'm going on 8 years with two herniated discs :lol:
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,412

Post#39 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:54 pm

and1GS wrote:If it is a nerve issue he has a while left. It can improve over about a month, but it will still be lingering and can exacerbated to the point of debilitating pain at any time. He will need offseason surgery, but that is always risky of course (Kerr had that disaster situation). But hey if anyone has a fix for it let me know because I'm going on 8 years with two herniated discs :lol:

I want Draymond healthy an on the team. There is not a better junk yard dog in the league.

But it's good to see the Warriors continuing to defend at a high level.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#40 » by a8bil » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:57 pm

FNQ wrote:
HiRez wrote:The fact that they said less than a week ago he’d only be re-evaluated in 2 weeks probably means it’s still going to be a while, and that’s even assuming nothing is seriously wrong. And lower back problems usually aren’t the kind of thing you can simply play through. If you’re not all good you’ll keep re-aggravating it and basketball is one of the worst things you can do since it involves lots of high impact spinal compressions from jumping and landing.

This won’t stop fans from the usual “but they said 2 weeks!” mantra where, once it takes a bit longer, doomsday scenarios will be talked about

It was done with Curry
It was done with Bogut
It was done with Durant
It’s being done with Wiseman
It will be done with Dray

How can you leave Sea Captain out of your list?

Return to Golden State Warriors