ImageImageImageImageImage

More Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#101 » by Mob Byers » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:34 pm

killmongrel wrote:Myers has had a great off season so far, but that's mainly due to him staying out of his own way. But he has to do some actual GMing now and get some trades and dealing going.

Uhhh like what? Eric Paschall to Utah?

That's about all I'm expecting at this point. Ready to see what this team can do on the court and go from there.
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#102 » by Badly Browned » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:36 pm

Mob Byers wrote:
killmongrel wrote:Myers has had a great off season so far, but that's mainly due to him staying out of his own way. But he has to do some actual GMing now and get some trades and dealing going.

That's about all I'm expecting at this point. Ready to see what this team can do on the court and go from there.

I think realistically, all Myers can do is wait for Oubre's market to dry up and set up a S&T.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
killmongrel
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#103 » by killmongrel » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:38 pm

Mob Byers wrote:

I'm hoping to at least get a TPE for Oubre. Assets for Paschall. And get Iguodala for the vet. minimum. Then we can go into the season with that and maybe make some moves later.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,220

Post#104 » by watch1958 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:41 pm

Hoopstar23 wrote:the dream is Reggie Jackson
Kerr doesn’t like guys who strikeout that much.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Mob Byers
Rookie

Post#105 » by Mob Byers » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:41 pm

Badly Browned wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:

I think realistically, all Myers can do is wait for Oubre's market to dry up and set up a S&T.

Does anyone really have the dough to throw at Pretty Boy Kelly?

I'm thinking he gets a 1 year full MLE flyer with some bad team where he can play heavy minutes and try to up his value.

TPE is fantasy land anyways. That tax bill is already phat enough. Only thing it would do would allow more posters to grill Bob for not using it. No thanks.
Badly Browned
Analyst
And1: 326

Post#106 » by Badly Browned » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:43 pm

Mob Byers wrote:
Badly Browned wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:Uhhh like what? Eric Paschall to Utah?

I'm thinking he gets a 1 year full MLE flyer with some bad team where he can play heavy minutes and try to up his value.

TPE is fantasy land anyways. That tax bill is already phat enough. Only thing it would do would allow more posters to grill Bob for not using it. No thanks.

I think OKC and SAS the only ones who can offer $10+m to Oubre now.
I'm not going to say that Curry is God. But he is definitely a god. -NeoWarriors
superunknown
Sixth Man
And1: 495

Post#107 » by superunknown » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:45 pm

We still need a big man who can rebound and provide some size at the C position.
tal57
Junior
And1: 98

Post#108 » by tal57 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:46 pm

WESCO wrote:I'd take shroeder for 1 year MLE so he gets his prove it deal. We get our barbosa 2.0 he gets his prove it opportunity.

Who says no?

Shroeder does. He turned down 4 yrs 84 mil from Lakers. He'll really look like a fool on the TPMLE
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,751

Post#109 » by Coxy » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:47 pm

Quazza wrote:Sounds like I'm in the minority but I love Beli signing at the min. Was a fan of his in Sac.

Not many guys 6"10 shoot the 3 above 40%. He can

I can already see Bjelica b ecoming a fan favourite, and OPJ turning into the whipping boy for the board.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Porter Jnr is unfit, overweight and possibly unmotivated. I have no reason really to fall back on for this, but accepting a minimum deal was eye raising. His manager surely could have gotten him something more, and my suspicions are that OPJ's body may be letting him down to the point where he has accepted his fate.
michaelwarner
Junior
And1: 42

Post#110 » by michaelwarner » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#111 » by FNQ » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:50 pm

clyde21 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
I just don't value individual defensive rebounding numbers.

As for the post defense ... who is he going to have to defend? AD and Ayton are too quick and the Joker is too effective outside. Not sure the need matches up all that well.

I usually dont chase individual rebrate but his adjusted rebrate kills as well.

He may not match up with the best, but he was an 88th percentile defender of the low block last season (and in the 80s-90s before) on a decent amount of attempts (about 7 finished possessions out of the post per 36).

In a 10 mpg role where he's highly specialized, I've got no problem with it. Plus if he's not worth it, just make the cut. Worth the risk

i don't think Drumm would've been down for a 10 min role, no way, he's essentially going to Philly to play the Dwight role, and Dwight got 17 mins...and he'll probably get even more than that if Embiid gets injured.

He'll get more PT there for sure, but I thought we could cover up his weaknesses better and maybe convince a team to give him a multi year deal (a la McGee).

I never thought he was a particularly smart player to begin with, and I think him going to a team that doesnt really fit his style, but is high-profile enough that he'll be on national TV a lot (effectively proving that he's not a NBA starter), all for a minimum contract.. it all seems very short-sighted. Maybe he thinks they are contenders? :dontknow:

Ah well, not our circus
Mob Byers
Rookie

Post#112 » by Mob Byers » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:51 pm

Hill to the Bucks after everyone said he burnt bridges over there

Championship repaired the bridge I guess lol
Read on Twitter
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#113 » by a8bil » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:53 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
a8bil wrote:what I don't get is why we aren't signing Chriss...he started the season as our starting center until he injured his ankle. now he's persona non grata?

He didn't injure his ankle, he broke his leg. Big difference. That said, I'm been in favor of signing him to a vet min from the beginning. He only just turned 24 three weeks ago. As long as he's healed and can still run I say sign him now.
Yeah, I missed the broken fibula on top of the high ankle sprain...I'm with you. Sign him! He looked good in the Crawsover tournament.
tal57
Junior
And1: 98

Post#114 » by tal57 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 11:59 pm

michaelwarner wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Absolutely understandable should they not use the TPMLE. People have to realize that not only his lux tax bill is astronomical, but COVID had killed colossal revenue from Chase Center at the most inopportune time, right at the onset of the Center opening. That is huge double whammy.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,949

Post#115 » by 510TWSS » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:12 am

After Batum and Mills can't really see anyone I'd rage over not offering the mle.

Maybe Paul Millsap but if Lacob wants to avoid a worse tax bill i can't blame him.

We did most of our work during the draft and the rest we'll have to wait until Klay comes back anyway. We'll be solidly involved in rumors up until deadline I'd presume
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#116 » by Phase 3 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:15 am

michaelwarner wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Makes sense. Why use your main asset in an attempt to improve the team? It’s not like we’re trying to compete for championships anymore.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#117 » by Phase 3 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:17 am

Lacob’s took a fat L in free agency. Even had Bazemore reject them lol.
Arlo
Junior
And1: 193

Post#118 » by Arlo » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:17 am

tal57 wrote:
michaelwarner wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Absolutely understandable should they not use the TPMLE. People have to realize that not only his lux tax bill is astronomical, but COVID had killed colossal revenue from Chase Center at the most inopportune time, right at the onset of the Center opening. That is huge double whammy.

Meh...it's not all one way traffic. The franchise has appreciated at an average of 400m or so pa over the last decade.

The worst thing is to put 3/4 of a roster together as then you still spend the money but are never really in the race. We still have a couple of holes (that granted, don't need to be fixed now).

Batum or Mills would have been sweet though. Batum has been balling hard in the Olympics doing a bit of everything well, and Mills works as hard as Steph off ball...would have been a great system fit.
killmongrel
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#119 » by killmongrel » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:18 am

Mob Byers wrote:
Badly Browned wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:Uhhh like what? Eric Paschall to Utah?

Just having the TPE just in case is good enough. That's it.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#120 » by Quazza » Wed Aug 4, 2021 12:24 am

Coxy wrote:
Quazza wrote:Sounds like I'm in the minority but I love Beli signing at the min. Was a fan of his in Sac.

Not many guys 6"10 shoot the 3 above 40%. He can

I can already see Bjelica b ecoming a fan favourite, and OPJ turning into the whipping boy for the board.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Porter Jnr is unfit, overweight and possibly unmotivated. I have no reason really to fall back on for this, but accepting a minimum deal was eye raising. His manager surely could have gotten him something more, and my suspicions are that OPJ's body may be letting him down to the point where he has accepted his fate.

Someone offered him the MLE though
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment

Return to Golden State Warriors