Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,797

Re: Game 31 GSW vs SAC 

Post#101 » by michaelm » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:26 am

Samurai wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
michaelm wrote:Perhaps GSW should keep both him and his brother in law on the roster.

Neither guy will play much once klay returns.

Lee's brother-in-law should still be able to scrape up a few minutes.

I think he meant Lee and Moody. If he is out of the shooting slump he appeared to be in after his injury Lee might be back to being a handy bench player for the remainder of the season though.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,904

Post#102 » by Samurai » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:36 am

michaelm wrote:
Samurai wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Neither guy will play much once klay returns.

Lee's brother-in-law should still be able to scrape up a few minutes.

I think he meant Lee and Moody. If he is out of the shooting slump he appeared to be in after his injury Lee might be back to being a handy bench player for the remainder of the season though.

I don't see Moody being impacted as much as Lee. Even now without Klay, Moody rarely plays unless it is garbage time. When Klay returns, Moody will continue to just play in garbage time. He will need to go to Santa Cruz for any meaningful minutes, just like he does now.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,254

Post#103 » by cpower » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:37 am

FNQ wrote:3 stars

1) Draymond Green w/the 3x10
2) Damion Lee - back on track
3) OPJ - defensive monster

Kelly Oubre Underperfomance Award goes to Nemo, because no one really deserves it tonight

Looney or Kuminga, both did not do much. Nemo was a bit better defensively and was good on the boards
squarepimpin
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#104 » by squarepimpin » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:39 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Curry continues to score at a higher rate (and with better efficiency) when Green is on the bench.

Interesting I am going to pay more attention to this

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,696

Post#105 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:41 am

Impuniti wrote:Can anyone explain to me what the **** happened to Steph's shot the last month? The guy is shooting like a complete imposter since and the bizarre thing is the shots he is missing (open 3s, his % near rim is worst since 12/13 I think).

What in the hell has gotten into the guy?

It is Chiozza's fault. Chiozza playing screws with Curry's mind and makes him miss his shots.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,668

Post#106 » by Coxy » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:51 am

Fox being out for Sac really hurts them. He has another gear that can trouble even the best defences. They really missed him today.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,491

Post#107 » by SpreeS » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:13 am

squarepimpin wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:Curry continues to score at a higher rate (and with better efficiency) when Green is on the bench.

Go to NBA stats and look

Curry w Green per 100pos 33.8pts 58.9TS 677min
Curry w/o Green per 100pos 43.0pts 62.8TS 321min
shza
Pro Prospect
And1: 893

Post#108 » by shza » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:24 am

FNQ wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:Kings need to trade hield and barnes, especially hield for anything.

I thought Barnes had turned a corner earlier this season.. but I’d take Wiggins and his contract over Barnes straight up

I see below that Kings fans (to the extent they exist) were the ones floating this, but I was surprised to see this even floated as if it were a question. Wiggins is far better than Barnes, even if I do my best to set aside my feelings about the 2016 Finals.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,369

Post#109 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:37 am

SpreeS wrote:
squarepimpin wrote:

Go to NBA stats and look

Curry w Green per 100pos 33.8pts 58.9TS 677min
Curry w/o Green per 100pos 43.0pts 62.8TS 321min

And tonight:

Curry w Green per 100pos 32.3pts 50.0TS
Curry w/o Green per 100pos 71.4pts 71.4TS
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,352

Post#110 » by Impuniti » Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:56 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Can anyone explain to me what the **** happened to Steph's shot the last month? The guy is shooting like a complete imposter since and the bizarre thing is the shots he is missing (open 3s, his % near rim is worst since 12/13 I think).

It is Chiozza's fault. Chiozza playing screws with Curry's mind and makes him miss his shots.

How do we fix it? Start Chiozza over Curry?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#111 » by FNQ » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:07 pm

Queta, who was on the bench of the Kings last night and played the final 2 minutes, just entered protocols.

Nemo, JTA, GP2, Moody, and Chiozza were on the court with him. JTA and Nemo were the ones closest to him in-game

Stuff to monitor
Coxy
RealGM

Post#112 » by Coxy » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:32 pm

FNQ wrote:Queta, who was on the bench of the Kings last night and played the final 2 minutes, just entered protocols.

Nemo, JTA, GP2, Moody, and Chiozza were on the court with him. JTA and Nemo were the ones closest to him in-game

Stuff to monitor

This season, like the NHL, is turning into a shammozle again.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,029

Post#113 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:30 pm

I like that the NBA is being proactive in adding the roster flexibility
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,324

Post#114 » by clyde21 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:58 pm

Onus wrote:
floppymoose wrote:
Onus wrote:Damn lee starting over moody … smh

Lee earned it by a wide margin

We should be able to experiment against the kings. Against an actual nba team like our schedule coming up against Memphis, suns, Denver yea I don’t expect the rookies to play. But against the kings come on we should be able to get a few minutes for our rookies.

seriously...the idea that guys like Chiozza or Lee or Dowtin or anyone else "earned" anything is ridiculous, these are the exact types of games we need to play our rooks as much as possible.

i don't care what Lee "earned"...da hell?
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,853

Post#115 » by floppymoose » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:41 pm

You must have loved last season where Wiseman had no leash and GS missed the playoffs.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#116 » by FNQ » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:57 pm

Coxy wrote:
FNQ wrote:Queta, who was on the bench of the Kings last night and played the final 2 minutes, just entered protocols.

Stuff to monitor

Possibly, but also news about Omicron’s strength (or lack thereof) likely means that by season’s end, the protocols might be more lax

Assuming that there are no further dominant variants, which is being studied as we speak. It’ll get a bit messy, but teams who survive on systems more than individual talent will be at a huge advantage

Light years :nod:
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,334

Post#117 » by xdrta+ » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:08 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Onus wrote:
floppymoose wrote:Lee earned it by a wide margin

We should be able to experiment against the kings. Against an actual nba team like our schedule coming up against Memphis, suns, Denver yea I don’t expect the rookies to play. But against the kings come on we should be able to get a few minutes for our rookies.

seriously...the idea that guys like Chiozza or Lee or Dowtin or anyone else "earned" anything is ridiculous, these are the exact types of games we need to play our rooks as much as possible.

i don't care what Lee "earned"...da hell?

It's not about "earning" it's that they're trying to actually win games.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#118 » by shazam_guy » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:18 pm

Not just trying to win games, but also trying to teach the Warriors system to the new kids. You get too many rookies on the court without the dominant vets and it has a tendency to turn into the G-League. Looks to me like Kerr is trying to slot the rooks in (at least during non-garbage-time) only one at any given time. And right now, Kuminga makes a bigger difference, so he's playing more.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#119 » by Coxy » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:12 pm

FNQ wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Stuff to monitor

Possibly, but also news about Omicron’s strength (or lack thereof) likely means that by season’s end, the protocols might be more lax

Assuming that there are no further dominant variants, which is being studied as we speak. It’ll get a bit messy, but teams who survive on systems more than individual talent will be at a huge advantage

Light years :nod:

Lol at the Lakers then.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,696

Post#120 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:27 pm

Impuniti wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:

How do we fix it? Start Chiozza over Curry?

Yes Chiozza must start over Curry, but we will also need 20 eyes of newts and 10 four leaf clovers 10 ant leggs and David Stern's toe nail. David Stern being dead should not matter. just dig up the body and take the toenail. If the toenail has rotted then we have a problem.

Use a mortal and pestle to grind the mixture into paste and then feed a bit to each warrior at half time in the first game that Chiozza starts. But the gods of Snarkydom will need to be appeased with a sacrifice if we deny them the snarks now being directed at Chiozza. The Gods of Snarkydom are already upset at Wiggins escape from snarky purgatory. To appease the gods of Snarkydom we must find Tonya Harding, give her the invisable hammer of Snarkdom and have Tonya hire someone to apply the Nancy Kerrigan treatment to the Knees of Wiggins and Poole to put them into the fandom Doghouse with Damion Lee and Toscano. How dare Wiggins and Poole escape the Doghouse. The Gods of Snarkdom demand the fans eternal comtempt for Wiggins, Poole, Lee and Toscano in exchange for allowing Chiozza to be a mediocre player and returning the magic to the Curried one.

But is it a fair trade? What if the gods of Snarkdom are bluffing and it is not they who stole Curry's magic?

Return to Golden State Warriors