ImageImageImageImageImage

DC Jordan Poole hate

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,440

Re: DC Jordan Poole hate 

Post#161 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:03 pm

Impuniti wrote:CDM loves Draymond almost as much as Kerr loves Klay Thompson. Almost. :lol:

look at the comments! These guys think Dray punched the talent out of Poole like its Space Jam or something

Some players can buck the odds and be good despite the peripherals screaming no. Poole had one year like that and then came crashing down to earth so hard.. since the extension was likely anyways, at least the ordeal gave the team an excuse to deal him, all we needed to do was find a sucker
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#162 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:05 pm

michaelm wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:our hatred did this.. assume the usual crazies will blame Draymond, but a lot of people knew the downfall was coming well before the punch

Read on Twitter

Still can't justify Draymond punching him obviously however annoying he may have been, but at this point in time certainly looks like he as a basketball player needed Draymond more than Draymond needed him.

Nah not justifying, and the lack of punishment was kinda crazy, but like.. it worked out really well :dontknow:

If not for the punch, that could be our guy, fully healthy, jamming up Podz' PT
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,734

Post#163 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:39 pm

Nvnervous45 wrote:The kuminga/Corey magette comparison is probably the worst idea floated on this board.

Is anybody calling them comparable?
Both will drive into a pack of help defenders and score while doing that.
Maggette was better at drawing fouls which might be something that Kuminga could add to his game.

I don’t like the jump into the defender foul drawing game aesthetically but it is effective. I hated Harden fooling the refs but it was a skill. I don’t like playing to the refs because it is like going to your mother and telling her something to try to get your brother in trouble.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,751

Post#164 » by Coxy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:06 pm

SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
Nvnervous45 wrote:The kuminga/Corey magette comparison is probably the worst idea floated on this board.

Maggette was better at drawing fouls which might be something that Kuminga could add to his game.

I don’t like the jump into the defender foul drawing game aesthetically but it is effective. I hated Harden fooling the refs but it was a skill. I don’t like playing to the refs because it is like going to your mother and telling her something to try to get your brother in trouble.

If Kuminga didn't receive good team based coaching that the current Warriors have in this modern game, then he may well just transform into Maggette.

As frustrating as Kerr's coaching must get for a young baller like JK, it will help him be the best modern player he can be, and not end up as a black hole scorer in China.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,163

Post#165 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:03 am

But the important thing, is he getting any baddies...
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#166 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:04 am

CDM_Stats wrote:These guys think Dray punched the talent out of Poole like its Space Jam or something

:lol:
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#167 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:05 am

CDM_Stats wrote:If not for the punch, that could be our guy, fully healthy, jamming up Podz' PT

:o

That gave me the chills.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 16,167

Post#168 » by floppymoose » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:01 pm

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,424

Post#169 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:32 pm

He's the new Swaggy P except Swaggy was more acceptable because he wasn't getting paid 30 mill a year
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#170 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:05 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:He's the new Swaggy P except Swaggy was more acceptable because he wasn't getting paid 30 mill a year

At least Swaggy had a good nickname.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,732

Post#171 » by Onus » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:07 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:He's the new Swaggy P except Swaggy was more acceptable because he wasn't getting paid 30 mill a year

You must not enjoy a good Poole party
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#172 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:19 am

Onus wrote:

Poole Party felt a bit cheesy to me.
I like Splash nephew better.

My childhood dog a golden retriever was named Splashy. He loved water.

Now that Poole is not a Warrior Splash anything no longer makes sense.

Maybe rename Poole Fools Gold.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,732

Post#173 » by Onus » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:35 am

Onus wrote:

Poole Party felt a bit cheesy to me.
I like Splash nephew better.

My childhood dog a golden retriever was named Splashy. He loved water.

Now that Poole is not a Warrior Splash anything no longer makes sense.

Maybe rename Poole Fools Gold.

I think the wiz fans are going with worst player in the nba
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#174 » by Twinkie defense » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:25 am

Wiz fans call him Cesspoole.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#175 » by CDM_Stats » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:21 am

Funny thing is, Warriors used to be where you could take someone who wasnt very good, prop them up by putting them in an ideal role and plugging it into the system. We got solid to great years out of guys like Barbosa, Livingston, Speights, Looney, Zaza, Poole, OPJ.. but since Mike Malone, Alvin Gentry, and now Mike Brown left, its starting to trend the other way, or at least to neutral. Poole went from a great 6th man to worst player in one offseason and it continues. DDV is doing much better in NY than here. Wiggins was given a worse defensive role and he and the rest of the defense crumbled

Until we can prove otherwise, we're looking like any other team, just fumbling around and hoping to find a hidden gem. And thats not what the team was 2 years ago and beyond
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,438

Post#176 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:12 am

Jordan Poole is a mindless chucker and that worked to some extent in the Warriors system with vets surrounding him. Alone on a bad team....yikes....
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#177 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:21 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Jordan Poole is a mindless chucker and that worked to some extent in the Warriors system with vets surrounding him. Alone on a bad team....yikes....

He thought he was Steph Curry.

We were lucky that Poole was a hot chucker rather than a cold chucker during the 2022 playoffs.
At hot chucker is a nice thing to have. Cold chucker will kill your team.
billinder33
Junior
And1: 93

Post#178 » by billinder33 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:39 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:Funny thing is, Warriors used to be where you could take someone who wasnt very good, prop them up by putting them in an ideal role and plugging it into the system. We got solid to great years out of guys like Barbosa, Livingston, Speights, Looney, Zaza, Poole, OPJ.. but since Mike Malone, Alvin Gentry, and now Mike Brown left, its starting to trend the other way, or at least to neutral. Poole went from a great 6th man to worst player in one offseason and it continues. DDV is doing much better in NY than here. Wiggins was given a worse defensive role and he and the rest of the defense crumbled

Until we can prove otherwise, we're looking like any other team, just fumbling around and hoping to find a hidden gem. And thats not what the team was 2 years ago and beyond

Barbosa, Livingston, Speights, Zaza, and OPJ were legit, mature NBA things before they got here. Most of what's being plugged in now is young and homegrown... JK,GP, Podz, Q, Loon, TJD.

IDK if that's a change in GM'ing philosophy or salary cap driven, but I'm guessing the it's the latter. We had Steph, Klay, and Dray at deep discounts for a chunk of their prime, and it helped bring in the kind of solid vets we can't afford now.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#179 » by CDM_Stats » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:43 pm

billinder33 wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:Funny thing is, Warriors used to be where you could take someone who wasnt very good, prop them up by putting them in an ideal role and plugging it into the system. We got solid to great years out of guys like Barbosa, Livingston, Speights, Looney, Zaza, Poole, OPJ.. but since Mike Malone, Alvin Gentry, and now Mike Brown left, its starting to trend the other way, or at least to neutral. Poole went from a great 6th man to worst player in one offseason and it continues. DDV is doing much better in NY than here. Wiggins was given a worse defensive role and he and the rest of the defense crumbled

Barbosa, Livingston, Speights, Zaza, and OPJ were legit, mature NBA things before they got here. Most of what's being plugged in now is young and homegrown... JK,GP, Podz, Q, Loon, TJD.

IDK if that's a change in GM'ing philosophy or salary cap driven, but I'm guessing the it's the latter. We had Steph, Klay, and Dray at deep discounts for a chunk of their prime, and it helped bring in the kind of solid vets we can't afford now.

Aside from Livingston, each of those was a minimum contract.. it does cost a bit more than young minimums, but it’s not something out of reach. Seems more like a choice

Edit: Zaza may have been a bi-annual exception, which was like half of the MLE
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#180 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:32 pm

Coxy wrote:

If Kuminga didn't receive good team based coaching that the current Warriors have in this modern game, then he may well just transform into Maggette.

As frustrating as Kerr's coaching must get for a young baller like JK, it will help him be the best modern player he can be, and not end up as a black hole scorer in China.

The guy Kuminga reminds me more of tha Maggette is James Worthy. Kerr talked about Kuminga reminding him of Sean Marrion. I wish Kuminga had a bit more Sean Marion in him.

Return to Golden State Warriors