ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,696

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1841 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:45 am

wco81 wrote:I don't know about guarding 5s.

Look at Harrell being exposed in the playoffs especially vs. Joker. Doesn't have enough length (even with long high wingspan and high motor).

Yeah, I should have specified, I don't see him guarding the big bruising C's. But in spot minutes, I see no reason he couldn't handle Z-Bo sized bruisers on switches or bench lineups. If Barnes can do it, Paschall definitely can.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 364

Post#1842 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:53 am

TB wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Offeason:

1) Jrue Holiday + JJ Redick + 2020 13th pick for Wiggins + Poole + 2020 #2 pick + 2021 Minnesota Pick.
2) Draft Saddiq Bey with 13th
3) Trade Eric Paschal for Late 1st round pick / Early 2nd round pick, draft Desmond Banes
4) Trade Looney + All our 2nd round picks for Early 2nd round pick, draft Paul Reed
5) TPE = Jonas Valaciunas
6) MLE = Serge Ibaka

Curry/Holiday/Bowman
Thompson/Banes/Redick
S.Bey/Tuscano
Green/Ibaka/Reed
Valaciunas/Chriss/Smiley

Love seeing peoples off season scenarios. My thoughts:

1) could totally see our front office doing something like this for Jrue. I'd really hope something could get done to keep the minny pick though.
2) lots of love for S Bey. I think I need to watch more of him.
3/4) I don't think Paschall and Looney would be needed to get into late first or early 2nd. Just use 2nd rounders and cash.
5) Guessing we'd have to send next years 1st for Val
6) Ibaka gonna get more than MLE, but ya i'd love this

questions: why get ibaka and Val, two centers? Also, why is Bey starting over Jrue and Bane ahead of JJ on the depth chart? lol :lol:

Appreciate you thinking some of these ideas are possibilities. If we all know Lacob and Co., they'll do anything to put us in contention for the 'ship!

1) I think giving up the Minny 2021 1st round pick needs to be included. Jrue Holiday is an All-defensive team, good shooter, and passer. So, unloading Wiggins to them comes at a cost of giving up future draft picks (Hell, maybe our own 2021 draft pick!).

2) Saddiq Bey's attributes (e.g., Defensive versatility, 3 Point shooting) should be enough for what this team needs.

3/4) I think we're hard capped / in luxury tax area. I'd rather give up Looney than Paschall, though.

5) I just threw this as an idea if we needed a true center. But, most likely we probably won't use it -- at least, some of the $17.1 TPE.

6) Who knows.. If Ibaka really wants to win big and still get plenty of minutes at the 4/5, it's possible. But yeah, we aren't really going to upgrade the 4 & 5 by that much.

Your questions: Probably a no for Val & Ibaka. Bey is starting out of necessity at the 3. Old Man Redick is 36 (37 years old next season). Gotta keep them legs fresh and an oxygen-tank next to him on the bench during the season. :lol:
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#1843 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:02 am

Warriors Analyst wrote:
wco81 wrote:I don't know about guarding 5s.

Look at Harrell being exposed in the playoffs especially vs. Joker. Doesn't have enough length (even with long high wingspan and high motor).

Yeah, I should have specified, I don't see him guarding the big bruising C's. But in spot minutes, I see no reason he couldn't handle Z-Bo sized bruisers on switches or bench lineups. If Barnes can do it, Paschall definitely can.

As good as he is taking the mid-range jumpers and attacking the basket, Paschall's defense is still suspect. You mean to tell me a 6'6" forward can guard bigger, stronger, and lengthier 4s and 5s?
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,027

Post#1844 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:48 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Offeason:

1) Jrue Holiday + JJ Redick + 2020 13th pick for Wiggins + Poole + 2020 #2 pick + 2021 Minnesota Pick.
2) Draft Saddiq Bey with 13th
3) Trade Eric Paschal for Late 1st round pick / Early 2nd round pick, draft Desmond Banes (Comparison: Eric Gordon)
4) Trade Looney + All our 2nd round picks for Early 2nd round pick, draft Jordan Nwora (Comparison: Poor Man's Klay Thompson)
5) TPE = Jonas Valaciunas
6) MLE = Serge Ibaka

Curry/Holiday/Bowman
Thompson/Banes/Redick
S.Bey/Nwora/Tuscano
Green/Ibaka
Valaciunas/Chriss/Smiley

This is a classic RealGM over the top laundry list.

1. Wiggins alone our team needs more than Holiday. That Holiday has been better than Wiggins so far is negated by our utter dearth of long, defensively versatile wings. Wiggins is the only one on the roster currently so unless your suggestion is to trade him for a better wing, the trade is DOA. Throwing in the two picks and only getting one worse one in return makes it even worse. The whole league is welcome to undervalue Wiggins, we don't(light years and all that).
2. If we traded into the 13th pick and Bey was there while Williams and Avdija were already taken then I like the pick.
3. Eric Paschall with the better part of an NBA year under his belt is going to be a regular contributor. If he had never grown out of his rookie offensive tunnel vision it would be one thing. As it is, he's a guy that can be counted on for 4-5 assists per game. He's perfect for what Kerr wants to do and is a better contributor to a playoff run now than any rookie would be.
4. Looney's defensive versatility and consistency is nothing you'll ever get from a rookie which is why Kerr correctly considers him part of the core. If he's healthy he's a valuable playoff rotation piece.
5. JoVal? I like him but Memphis got good production out of him and they have no reason to cut him loose. They don't have anyone better and they don't need the cap space. We would have to pay for him in picks or players and I don't want to do that.
6. Serge? Sure, offer him the MLE. But he'll end up signing elsewhere for more money.

1. I think this trade is possible as Holiday probably wants to play for a contender now (Same with Redick) with a real chance to go deep in the post-season with a retooled/energized Warriors ballclub. Trading Wiggins will come at a cost of giving up our 2020 #2 and next year's draft with Minnesota's 2021 1st round pick (I'd even throw our 1st round pick to make it happen). New Orleans are in rebuild mode after the AD trade the past offseason. Why not let them build around Zion with top draft picks?

2. With the trade happening from above that includes the 2020 #13 pick, I'd be satisfied with the selection of Saddiq Bey -- Assuming Patrick Williams is gone. Saddiq Bey is pretty much Robert Covington with a bit of handles.

3. Okay, maybe jumping the gun with this one. For me, just still need to see more from him rather than just scoring at the 4. His value is probably high; We can get someone

4. I think Looney's hips (injuries) are just becoming too much at this point for this team from a reliability standpoint (Not his fault). He can easily be replaced with someone who can fulfill that role as adequately.

5. We don't have to exercise the TPE option. But, we can use it on a quality starter. Your thoughts? Clint Capela?

6. I guess, realistically, we can just grab Anthony Tolliver. Your thoughts?

I just believe that Wiggins is better than the perception which is why unloading all our valuable picks to trade him I think is a mistake. He's also a better positional fit than Jrue and those two reasons make me unwilling to trade him. Who else do we have that can credibly defend Lebron or Kawhi? I don't want to face either in a 7 game series without someone like Wiggins to matchup. If we can get a wing like Bey in the draft without giving up Wiggins we have the makings of a credible perimeter defending trio in Klay/Wigs/Bey.

As far as the TPE, I would like a legit 7ft center. JoVal isn't a great defender but he's a load inside and would get regular minutes. I just don't see why Memphis would want to part ways with him considering they aren't in salary cap hell or anything close to it.

Dewayne Dedmon? He's got legit NBA center size and hit 39% of his threes as a starter with Atlanta a season ago. If we think he can be that guy again, he's worth it at $13 mil for two more seasons. Even if he doesn't work out next season, the last year is only guaranteed for a million so we could move him again to a team looking to get out from under a contract.

Unfortunately, Atlanta has one of the smallest payrolls in the league next season so unless they decide to sign some max FAs I don't see why they would give Dedmon away for free even though they have Capela starting ahead of him.

For the MLE, I would think we would make a run at a center if we couldn't trade for one. I think Gasol is more likely to agree to a MLE deal than Ibaka considering his age.

Most of the other FA options are not guys I'm that excited about: TT, Biyombo, Whiteside, Mahinmi, Leonard and Len all seem like slow footed, low IQ guys that would struggle in our system. TT is the exception in that he's an outstanding defender on the perimeter for a center and a terrific rebounder but not much else.

Ibaka, Plumlee and Baynes would all be good but I think they'll re-sign out of our price range.

Willy Hernangomez? Ante Zizec? Damian fricken Jones? Unless the FO knows something I don't none of those guys seem like great options.

Otherwise I would use the MLE for a veteran wing like Rudy Gay or even GR3 or maybe a tough, veteran PG to back up Steph.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#1845 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:53 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
This is a classic RealGM over the top laundry list.

1. Wiggins alone our team needs more than Holiday. That Holiday has been better than Wiggins so far is negated by our utter dearth of long, defensively versatile wings. Wiggins is the only one on the roster currently so unless your suggestion is to trade him for a better wing, the trade is DOA. Throwing in the two picks and only getting one worse one in return makes it even worse. The whole league is welcome to undervalue Wiggins, we don't(light years and all that).
2. If we traded into the 13th pick and Bey was there while Williams and Avdija were already taken then I like the pick.
3. Eric Paschall with the better part of an NBA year under his belt is going to be a regular contributor. If he had never grown out of his rookie offensive tunnel vision it would be one thing. As it is, he's a guy that can be counted on for 4-5 assists per game. He's perfect for what Kerr wants to do and is a better contributor to a playoff run now than any rookie would be.
4. Looney's defensive versatility and consistency is nothing you'll ever get from a rookie which is why Kerr correctly considers him part of the core. If he's healthy he's a valuable playoff rotation piece.
5. JoVal? I like him but Memphis got good production out of him and they have no reason to cut him loose. They don't have anyone better and they don't need the cap space. We would have to pay for him in picks or players and I don't want to do that.
6. Serge? Sure, offer him the MLE. But he'll end up signing elsewhere for more money.

1. I think this trade is possible as Holiday probably wants to play for a contender now (Same with Redick) with a real chance to go deep in the post-season with a retooled/energized Warriors ballclub. Trading Wiggins will come at a cost of giving up our 2020 #2 and next year's draft with Minnesota's 2021 1st round pick (I'd even throw our 1st round pick to make it happen). New Orleans are in rebuild mode after the AD trade the past offseason. Why not let them build around Zion with top draft picks?

2. With the trade happening from above that includes the 2020 #13 pick, I'd be satisfied with the selection of Saddiq Bey -- Assuming Patrick Williams is gone. Saddiq Bey is pretty much Robert Covington with a bit of handles.

3. Okay, maybe jumping the gun with this one. For me, just still need to see more from him rather than just scoring at the 4. His value is probably high; We can get someone

4. I think Looney's hips (injuries) are just becoming too much at this point for this team from a reliability standpoint (Not his fault). He can easily be replaced with someone who can fulfill that role as adequately.

5. We don't have to exercise the TPE option. But, we can use it on a quality starter. Your thoughts? Clint Capela?

I just believe that Wiggins is better than the perception which is why unloading all our valuable picks to trade him I think is a mistake. He's also a better positional fit than Jrue and those two reasons make me unwilling to trade him. Who else do we have that can credibly defend Lebron or Kawhi? I don't want to face either in a 7 game series without someone like Wiggins to matchup. If we can get a wing like Bey in the draft without giving up Wiggins we have the makings of a credible perimeter defending trio in Klay/Wigs/Bey.

As far as the TPE, I would like a legit 7ft center. JoVal isn't a great defender but he's a load inside and would get regular minutes. I just don't see why Memphis would want to part ways with him considering they aren't in salary cap hell or anything close to it.

Dewayne Dedmon? He's got legit NBA center size and hit 39% of his threes as a starter with Atlanta a season ago. If we think he can be that guy again, he's worth it at $13 mil for two more seasons. Even if he doesn't work out next season, the last year is only guaranteed for a million so we could move him again to a team looking to get out from under a contract.

Unfortunately, Atlanta has one of the smallest payrolls in the league next season so unless they decide to sign some max FAs I don't see why they would give Dedmon away for free even though they have Capela starting ahead of him.

For the MLE, I would think we would make a run at a center if we couldn't trade for one. I think Gasol is more likely to agree to a MLE deal than Ibaka considering his age.

Most of the other FA options are not guys I'm that excited about: TT, Biyombo, Whiteside, Mahinmi, Leonard and Len all seem like slow footed, low IQ guys that would struggle in our system. TT is the exception in that he's an outstanding defender on the perimeter for a center and a terrific rebounder but not much else.

Ibaka, Plumlee and Baynes would all be good but I think they'll re-sign out of our price range.

Willy Hernangomez? Ante Zizec? Damian fricken Jones? Unless the FO knows something I don't none of those guys seem like great options.

Otherwise I would use the MLE for a veteran wing like Rudy Gay or even GR3 or maybe a tough, veteran PG to back up Steph.

The pressure is on Myers, Lacob and Co. to pull off a trade like Jrue Holiday.

I don’t think many fans will be happy with signing mediocre to poor players this offseason due to lack of financial flexibility if the goal is to be contending deep into the postseason. The good players are out of our price range, unfortunately. So, with pessimism looking forward, I think our dynasty is pretty much done.

The reality is we’re keeping Wiggins and drafting Wiseman as they’re both position of need.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 958

Post#1846 » by Commodor » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:50 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:

I don’t think many fans will be happy with signing mediocre to poor players this offseason due to lack of financial flexibility if the goal is to be contending deep into the postseason. The good players are out of our price range, unfortunately. So, with pessimism looking forward, I think our dynasty is pretty much done.

The reality is we’re keeping Wiggins and drafting Wiseman as they’re both position of need.

It was just last season we swept Portland and took down Houston in HOU. Without KD and Iggy for the majority of it.

We have our big 3 rested, a year to evaluate some depth pieces, and three great trade assets.

Come down off the ledge and wait to see what we actually do.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,766

Post#1847 » by azwfan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:55 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:

Fans here wanted to sign Biedrins to a long term deal at any cost.
Lots of fans didnt like trading Monta for injured Bogut.
Some on here were mad we gave up 2 frp to clear space to get Iguodala.

The fk do fans know?
Fans will be happy if we win. Wont be happy if we lose.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#1848 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:41 pm

azwfan wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:

The fk do fans know?

The casual fans don't care, yes. But, the hardcore follower fans, yes, they do care. We’re not in position to sign anyone to a long term deal (cap space and luxury tax reasons), and shouldn’t trade any of our core 3 (Unless an equally or better, quality player becomes available).

Only things we have at the moment that we can try packaging are Wiggins and the 2020 #2 pick (and, depending on nature of potential trade: Minny’s 20211st round pick and even our 2021 1st round pick). But, both are viewed as either no value or negative value around the league. Unless, some team‘s GM is stupid enough to take our offer, he should be fired from their organization, instantly.

We’ll just see what happens, but I don’t think there will be home-run signings and trades this time around.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,613

Post#1849 » by Mylie10 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:59 pm

Could be some Clippers players on the move. If I’m Bob, I’m calling my old buddy and mentor and gauging who they might be interested in moving.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,696

Post#1850 » by Warriors Analyst » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:38 pm

azwfan wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:

The fk do fans know?

There will be no Goose slander here on this board. Biedrins signed a bargain contract at that point in his career. His situation is pretty much without precedent in the NBA. I can't name another player who peaked at 21 and fell off so drastically. Improbably, he's still younger than Marc Gasol and Bogut!
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,391

Post#1851 » by wco81 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:03 pm

Holiday would be great but he's got 2 years left on his deal, the second year being a player option of over $27 million.

So the Warriors would have to resign him or would they welcome having his salary slot opened up for free agency or cap relief?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,299

Post#1852 » by xdrta+ » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:12 pm

wco81 wrote:Holiday would be great but he's got 2 years left on his deal, the second year being a player option of over $27 million.

So the Warriors would have to resign him or would they welcome having his salary slot opened up for free agency or cap relief?

You mean if he walks after one year? If that happens, there is no cap relief, that salary slot is gone for good.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,391

Post#1853 » by wco81 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:29 pm

So he would have a $27 million player option for the 2021-22 season, whenever it starts.

That means if he thinks there will be a huge FA market next summer, he probably opts out and it could be difficult to retain him though at his age, maybe he couldn't do better than $27 million a year.

He's a great defender but he's only listed at 6-3, so that would force Klay to play the 3?

Not ideal at all.

He'd be kind of like Iggy a guy who can also be playmaker, probably more reliable shooter.

But $27 million is a lot for that kind of role.

It's one thing to pay Wiggins that but he's young, signed for many years and he's got the length to play the 3. Wiggins may not be the defender or playmaker that Jrue is but at least he has a better chance matching up with bigger wings.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#1854 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:24 pm

wco81 wrote:So he would have a $27 million player option for the 2021-22 season, whenever it starts.

That means if he thinks there will be a huge FA market next summer, he probably opts out and it could be difficult to retain him though at his age, maybe he couldn't do better than $27 million a year.

He's a great defender but he's only listed at 6-3, so that would force Klay to play the 3?

Not ideal at all.

He'd be kind of like Iggy a guy who can also be playmaker, probably more reliable shooter.

It's one thing to pay Wiggins that but he's young, signed for many years and he's got the length to play the 3. Wiggins may not be the defender or playmaker that Jrue is but at least he has a better chance matching up with bigger wings.

The player option will be tricky, yes. If we went along with my proposed trade, at least we'd get the assurance of drafting a 3 with NOP's 13th pick (Patrick Williams or Saddiq Bey) if Holiday decides to bounce after the 2020-2021 season. Our line-up would be all right; Would still be in the hunt for a PG/Combo Guard the following season to allow us to maintain and monitor the Splash Bros' minutes. But, then again, we'd be thin with our bench and we would have given away Minny's 2021 top 10 draft pick. So, yeah.. a lot to think about with regards to the future..
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,404

Post#1855 » by Onus » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:54 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
wco81 wrote:So he would have a $27 million player option for the 2021-22 season, whenever it starts.

Not ideal at all.

The player option will be tricky, yes. If we went along with my proposed trade, at least we'd get the assurance of drafting a 3 with NOP's 13th pick (Patrick Williams or Saddiq Bey) if Holiday decides to bounce after the 2020-2021 season. Our line-up would be all right; Would still be in the hunt for a PG/Combo Guard the following season to allow us to maintain and monitor the Splash Bros' minutes. But, then again, we'd be thin with our bench and we would have given away Minny's 2021 top 10 draft pick. So, yeah.. a lot to think about with regards to the future..

Jrue is nice but he isn’t worth our shot at a superstar.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#1856 » by marthafokker » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Beanbag... I mean Biedrins. When drugs, alcohol, and hoos are higher priority than earning a paycheck, that will affect his performance at 21. And his allergy to basketball doesn't help. I don't think Wiseman will be that bad.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#1857 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:07 pm

Onus wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:

Not ideal at all.

So, we can all agree to drop the Bradley Beal deal (For those inquiring about it)?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,299

Post#1858 » by xdrta+ » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:14 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
Onus wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:

So, we can all agree to drop the Bradley Beal deal (For those inquiring about it)?

I would pass on both if it were up to me. I'm not in favor of any deal that puts Klay at the three.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#1859 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:47 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
Onus wrote:

I would pass on both if it were up to me. I'm not in favor of any deal that puts Klay at the three.

Agreed. Lets all face the reality that we just can't get it done with Wiggins, 2020 #2, and future 1st round picks. I'm sure there might be some trigger-happy GMs out there who might do it, but lets just be real about the whole situation.

Curry/Bowman/Mulder
Thompson/Poole/Lee
Wiggins/Tuscano
Green/Pashcall
Wiseman/Looney/Chriss/Smiley

The only thing we're hopeful for is Wiggins defensive potential and Wiseman to naturally have a good feel for the game and let it come to him rather than forcing things to happen. If they can't achieve that in the first couple games next season, it is what it is.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,404

Post#1860 » by Onus » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:19 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
Onus wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:

Agreed
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors