ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors mini camp

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Re: Warriors mini camp starts next week 

Post#21 » by Little Digger » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:09 am

Golden State announced Monday afternoon that Jonathon Simmons, Jeremy Pargo, Zach Norvell Jr., Roger Moute a Bidias and Ryan Taylor will participate.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,766

Post#22 » by azwfan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:30 am

From quick youtube search Moute a Bidias (6’6”) looks like a pretty athletic wing defender. Perhaps like his brother(?)

Ryan Taylor is 6’6” and I came across a clip from the gleague of him knocking down 8 3’s so I’m guessing he’s a shooter.

Edit: Hmm... 43% from 3 on 5 attempts a game. Yeah, Id say hes a shooter.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,167

Post#23 » by TB » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:34 am

I see zero reason for Steph, Dray, Klay, or Wiggins to be at a voluntary mini camp when the current season is still going on. This is just to see how the 24 and under group is coming along during this massive break... Loon, Chriss, Smiley, Poole, Bowman, Paschall. As well as the fringe vets like Lee, Mulder, Juan.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#24 » by azwfan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:47 am

TB wrote:I see zero reason for Steph, Dray, Klay, or Wiggins to be at a voluntary mini camp when the current season is still going on. This is just to see how the 24 and under group is coming along during this massive break... Loon, Chriss, Smiley, Poole, Bowman, Paschall. As well as the fringe vets like Lee, Mulder, Juan.

Klay is coming off a major injury and needs to play some ball.

Wiggins played 12 games for us and barely practiced with the team.

I’d say its pretty important those 2 guys attend and play.

Apparently Curry doesnt want to be away from his family and Draymond has got a baby due soon so they may not show.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#25 » by Mylie10 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Kerr said that part of the reason for something like this is more for team building and having guys spend time together, rather than any specific training in regards to the playbook.

I’d like Steph and Draymond to talk to the fans and let us know why. Specifically. Because those two have to be part of the team building. Even if they didn’t want to play, why not be big brothers and get to know some of these guys better?

Unless they have been told that there will be major moves, or a major move coming.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#26 » by Mylie10 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:08 pm

azwfan wrote:From quick youtube search Moute a Bidias (6’6”) looks like a pretty athletic wing defender. Perhaps like his brother(?)

Ryan Taylor is 6’6” and I came across a clip from the gleague of him knocking down 8 3’s so I’m guessing he’s a shooter.

Edit: Hmm... 43% from 3 on 5 attempts a game. Yeah, Id say hes a shooter.

In 4 years at Cal Moute never averaged more than 12 minutes per game.

And Taylor does look like a decent shooter, and his free throw percentage is big time, but he doesn’t seem to do much else on the floor. Maybe he’s a decent defender, just don’t know.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,708

Post#27 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:42 pm

Random comment but when I hear "mini camp" it reminds me of Matt Barnes randomly joining some pickup games in the 2006 offseason when Baron invited him, and Nellie happened to be there and liked Matt's play, inviting him as the last guy to join the Warriors training camp. What a great last minute spontaneous decision that ultimately impacted that following We Believe season.
#DubNation
azwfan
RealGM

Post#28 » by azwfan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:47 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Kerr said that part of the reason for something like this is more for team building and having guys spend time together, rather than any specific training in regards to the playbook.

I’d like Steph and Draymond to talk to the fans and let us know why. Specifically. Because those two have to be part of the team building. Even if they didn’t want to play, why not be big brothers and get to know some of these guys better?

Unless they have been told that there will be major moves, or a major move coming.

Not sure if serious?
These two have earned the benefit of the doubt 100x over. They communicate with coaching staff and management and owe the fans nothing.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 123

Re: Warriors mini camp 

Post#29 » by ClutchUp » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:55 pm

Looney has dropped some weight.

GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,027

Post#30 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:20 pm

ClutchUp wrote:Looney has dropped some weight.

I love it!

In any endeavor, losing weight helps with hip health in particular. This is not a direct comparison obviously, but I had a German shepherd that developed hip dysplasia as she got older. It's common in German shepherds and is genetic. Regardless, the vet suggested we help her lose as much weight as possible which we did and it completely cured the problem. She moved around like a puppy again after not even wanting to go for a walk about 6 months prior. Really improved her quality of life and extended her life too.

Also extended Tim Duncan's career which may be a more apt analogy than my dog.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#31 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:22 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,167

Post#32 » by TB » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:25 pm

Interested to see Poole. In the few posts ive seen recently from Warriors, he looked like he hit the weight room pretty hard.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#33 » by Little Digger » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:42 pm

Good to see Coach Adams still kicking

We need that guy
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,696

Post#34 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:45 pm

TB wrote:Interested to see Poole. In the few posts ive seen recently from Warriors, he looked like he hit the weight room pretty hard.

He was finishing at a pretty good rate towards the end of the year after his G-League stint. Shot an absurdly good percentage on floaters last year too. If he comes back bigger and more explosive, that's a huge plus. I'm not convinced he'll ever ben a knockdown shooter, but he's clearly capable of getting hot as a microwave scorer. Even though his percentages weren't great, defenders still gave him the type of respect that streaky gunners get, i.e., don't let them get hot. Anything he can do to max out his body and become a bigger and more explosive point guard is gonna help him a lot.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#35 » by Hopper15 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:58 pm

I'm hoping they have the luxury to let Poole run point all season in Santa Cruz to further develop his PG skills. He was showing some promise there at the end of last season. He can get the occasional call up when Steph or Klay load manage.

This would require finding a solid backup PG and fielding a healthy team throughout the season.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#36 » by azwfan » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:26 pm

Hopper15 wrote:I'm hoping they have the luxury to let Poole run point all season in Santa Cruz to further develop his PG skills. He was showing some promise there at the end of last season. He can get the occasional call up when Steph or Klay load manage.

This would require finding a solid backup PG and fielding a healthy team throughout the season.

+1’d just to see a post from Hopper15. Maybe i missed some other ones but seems like its been years.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#37 » by Hopper15 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:15 pm

azwfan wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:+1’d just to see a post from Hopper15. Maybe i missed some other ones but seems like its been years.

Indeed. You've missed some real gems. Nice to see you still around az.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#38 » by Quazza » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:30 am

Jonathon Simmons hey. Could be interested
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#39 » by Mylie10 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:42 am

ClutchUp wrote:Looney has dropped some weight.

That’s encouraging. I eat that ish up, lol
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#40 » by Mylie10 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:24 am

Khoee wrote “

Return to Golden State Warriors