ImageImageImageImageImage

way too early Philly speculation

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Re: way too early Philly speculation 

Post#21 » by Chupchup » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:36 am

Shoot... After watching Simmons in the playoffs... I dunno if I want him now.
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#22 » by bballguy50 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:39 am

No to both. Embiid just seems like Oden waiting to happen.

Simmons, no explanation needed. His contract is crippling through the middle of this decade, and fixing his mental issues is always a crapshoot more so than physical things.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#23 » by marthafokker » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:45 am

Simmons officially got infected with Briedrins basketball allergies.

Is half a World away and a decade ago be still infectious?
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
AntMo22
Ballboy
And1: 26

Post#24 » by AntMo22 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:52 am

AntMo22 wrote:The hawks winning the series isn’t unlikely. Ben or Joel becoming available are the unlikely scenarios
8-)
Coxy wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I've said this in many Monta/Bogut based trades in the past... but for the Bucks to consider trading Andrew to GS, we have to be talking Steph Curry, not Monta.

Fine.

Curry/Biedrins for Bogut/Filler. Done and done.
RussellandFlow
Bench Warmer
And1: 923
Location: San Francisco born & raised, Pacific Northwest living

Post#25 » by RussellandFlow » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:11 am

After the playoffs he just had I do not see how anyone could say Simmons becoming available is unlikely. Morey is probably working the phones tomorrow trying to figure out how to get him out of town.
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#26 » by marthafokker » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:17 am

Simmons is even harder to trade now than Wiggins. Considering Wolves had to give up a lottery pick, Philly will have to give up multiple 1st to dump him for another flawed player.
TB wrote:
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#27 » by FNQ » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:44 am

Dont think Simmons gets moved because it drastically affects one of the 'breakout' players on the team, Seth Curry.

Everyone's gonna dog Simmons - and to a degree its earned - but he's not supposed to be a scorer. He's another (peak) Draymond, albeit one who trades some defense for some offense. I think PHI failed in building around their core of Simmons/Embiid..

Harris has always been a guy who doesnt move the needle much against tough competition. Danny Green still has some juice, but he's an average 3&D player these days. George Hill has looked cooked. Maxey and Milton too inconsistent. Kormaz or whatever Kyle Korver is calling himself these days is very limited. Dwight was a TO machine despite the other positives he brought

Curry and Thybulle are the only guys who's pairing I really liked with Ben/Joel in terms of winning right now.. but I think the biggest mistake was banking on Tobias Harris as a 2nd scoring option. And I'm not sure how they can get out of their current situation. They need their own T'Wolves IMO (and I'm sorry to comp Harris to DLo, because Harris is so much better, but the archetype is the same)
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#28 » by marthafokker » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:44 am

Anybody happy that the Wiggins + multiple picks for Simmons never happened?
TB wrote:
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by FNQ » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:47 am

marthafokker wrote:Simmons is even harder to trade now than Wiggins. Considering Wolves had to give up a lottery pick, Philly will have to give up multiple 1st to dump him for another flawed player.

This is what every GB fan said every game after Draymond had a single digit scoring effort

If we weren't in the position we current are with our own Draymond and another potential Draymond being the BPA at our draft pick, I'd be buying on Simmons so hard if this was his value.. and then this would be twice this century that Philly would be giving up on an excellent player simply because he's not a capable scoring option
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#30 » by mos_def » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:51 am

FNQ wrote:
marthafokker wrote:Simmons is even harder to trade now than Wiggins. Considering Wolves had to give up a lottery pick, Philly will have to give up multiple 1st to dump him for another flawed player.

This is what every GB fan said every game after Draymond had a single digit scoring effort

If we weren't in the position we current are with our own Draymond and another potential Draymond being the BPA at our draft pick, I'd be buying on Simmons so hard if this was his value.. and then this would be twice this century that Philly would be giving up on an excellent player simply because he's not a capable scoring option

Got to trust the process.

Its going to be hard for Philly to watch JRue play still since he came before the tankathon for years which landed them Ben Simmons.

Is the other capable scorer Igoudala???
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#31 » by marthafokker » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:53 am

Looks more like processed dog food.
TB wrote:
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by FNQ » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:59 am

mos_def wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Got to trust the process.

Its going to be hard for Philly to watch JRue play still since he came before the tankathon for years which landed them Ben Simmons.

Is the other capable scorer Igoudala???

Yup, PHI got rid of him because he wasn't enough of a scorer, and he was due a new contract soon. They decided to push their chips in for Andrew Bynum instead :o

Thats what happens when a Draymond, a Simmons, an Iguodala, a Kirilenko, and likely a Scottie Barnes.. all get put on teams where they are asked to justify their salaries/draft position with shooting/scoring. That's not who they are.
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#33 » by marthafokker » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:00 am

Draymond has his flaws, and he even knows it to not asked to paid max dollars.

Most importantly, Draymond is not allergic to the basketball. Draymond's head is strong. Ben Simmons' brain is starting to be the 2nd coming of Briedrins. I love the Briedrins body language (of Simmons) of why me every time he gets foul on purpose.
TB wrote:
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by FNQ » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:04 am

marthafokker wrote:Draymond has his flaws, and he even knows it to not asked to paid max dollars.

Most importantly, Draymond is not allergic to the basketball. Draymond's head is strong. Ben Simmons' brain is starting to be the 2nd coming of Briedrins. I love the Briedrins body language (of Simmons) of why me every time he gets foul on purpose.

I wont argue with Dray's playoff FT% vs Simmons. Simmons gets worse, Dray gets better. But Simmons playoff FT% isn't far off from Iguodala's overall (58%) and is better than Iguodala in the finals (37%) :o

Bottom line is that if that's the case, sure, bench Simmons in clutch situations where FTs can swing the game. He's an impact player the rest of the time, and I think a team like Portland should be frothing at the mouth to bring him in somehow. Celtics, Heat, Bulls, Raptors.. any team with a great shooting PG where you dont want them handling all the time
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by FNQ » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:10 am

oh my..

Read on Twitter
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,598

Post#36 » by HiRez » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:30 am

Y'all are bagging on Simmons way too hard IMO. He's not getting worse, his stats dipped slightly this year because he's playing a few fewer minutes. Even in the playoffs, not that bad: 12.5 points on 62.5% shooting, 8 reb, 8.5 ast, a block and a steal, those are outstanding numbers and don't give me that crap about it all being "empty stats".

Does he need to be worked on? Yes. But don't forget the cat is only 24 years old. I don't believe he's a fundamentally broken player, either physically or mentally. Like Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar Man...

"Steve Austin, astronaut. Ben Simmons, baller. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin Ben Simmons will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster."

Is it really impossible he's just had crappy coaches who didn't know how to mold his talents, or care to try? Send him out there in the regular season against some bottom-feeding teams and tell him he's shooting only 3s. I don't know what deal it would be but damn, I would jump on picking him up if Philly really wants to firesale him, if it doesn't involve sending all our picks and Wiseman. I really don't think he's as toxic an asset of some of you are making him out to be.

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#37 » by Coxy » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:25 am

I don't see a deal between both teams for either Simmons or Embiid.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,666

Post#38 » by Coxy » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:28 am

marthafokker wrote:Simmons officially got infected with Briedrins basketball allergies.

Is half a World away and a decade ago be still infectious?

Coronabeans Virus?
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,111

Post#39 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:28 am

I have to admit that I am still intrigued by Simmons.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#40 » by cpower » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:34 am

stop it , we are not trading the best small C of all time for some loser who could not do anything in the East

Return to Golden State Warriors