ImageImageImageImageImage

Taking the pulse of Dubs fans: Who should be starting?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Gimme your four other starters:

Klay
9%
Draymond
22%
Wiggs
16%
Loon
7%
CP3
0%
Kuminga
20%
Moody
11%
Podz
6%
TJD
7%
Saric
2%

Total votes: 219

superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 467

Re: Taking the pulse of Dubs fans: Who should be starting? 

Post#21 » by superunknown » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:26 pm

cpower wrote:Curry/Klay/Wiggins is -8.2 per 36 between Dec and Jan (and getting worse). You either trade them or just tank with them. make a fking decision now!

just need to trade klay.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,254

Post#22 » by cpower » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:07 pm

superunknown wrote:
cpower wrote:Curry/Klay/Wiggins is -8.2 per 36 between Dec and Jan (and getting worse). You either trade them or just tank with them. make a fking decision now!

just need to trade klay.

after wiggins i agree.
cpower
RealGM

Post#23 » by cpower » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:09 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:

No! You split up Curry and Klay to improve the defense. Your assertion is not accurate. Improvement on defense is possible just by making that adjustment.

dont you get it? Wiggins kills your offense and Wiggins/Klay kills your defense. What are we experimenting? its not going to work.
Wiggins 104/122 Ortg/Drtg split
Klay 112/121 Ortg/Drtg split
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#24 » by TB » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:31 pm

cpower wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:

No! You split up Curry and Klay to improve the defense. Your assertion is not accurate. Improvement on defense is possible just by making that adjustment.

dont you get it? Wiggins kills your offense and Wiggins/Klay kills your defense. What are we experimenting? its not going to work.
Wiggins 104/122 Ortg/Drtg split
Klay 112/121 Ortg/Drtg split

Steph/Loon lineups with both Klay/Wiggins on the bench are a net +51 :lol: (small sample size obviously... 34 minutes). Any combo of the other Guards/forwards in those spots brings back positive results. Also huge positives with either Dray or Kuminga at the PF in that scenario. Zero minutes ever with Kuminga/Dray/Loon front court.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,143

Post#25 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:42 pm

TB wrote:Zero minutes ever with Kuminga/Dray/Loon front court.

Which is kinda crazy.. I have no idea how they view Kuminga. Because he's clearly not for the Dray spot, and he seems to be an offense heavy/defense deficient replacement for Wiggins, and that might be necessary in today's game - or at least for the present iteration of the team, because without a good defensive mind on the bench, playing one-way defenders is becoming a huge liability, way much more so than playing one-way offensive players. Which means guys like GP2, Looney, and to a lesser extent Wiggins.. are all problems.

I dunno man.. trying to make sense of how this all worked this year has been an exercise in constant frustration.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,425

Post#26 » by Onus » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:47 pm

CDM_Stats wrote:
TB wrote:Zero minutes ever with Kuminga/Dray/Loon front court.

Which is kinda crazy.. I have no idea how they view Kuminga. Because he's clearly not for the Dray spot, and he seems to be an offense heavy/defense deficient replacement for Wiggins, and that might be necessary in today's game - or at least for the present iteration of the team, because without a good defensive mind on the bench, playing one-way defenders is becoming a huge liability, way much more so than playing one-way offensive players. Which means guys like GP2, Looney, and to a lesser extent Wiggins.. are all problems.

I dunno man.. trying to make sense of how this all worked this year has been an exercise in constant frustration.

Really jk should be Klays replacement. Scoring guard who plays poa.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,668

Post#27 » by Coxy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:43 pm

I’m really surprised that people have voted for Wiggins in this poll. I’m starting Kuminga every day from here on in at SF, with Dray at PF and either Loon or TJD at C matchup pending.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,351

Post#28 » by Impuniti » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:03 pm

SpreeS wrote:Start

Curry/Moody/Kuminga/Green/Looney

Finish

Curry/Moody/Wiggs/Kuminga/Green

Replace Looney for TJD. But this is pretty good. It's obnoxious we don't even know if this lineup has a chance because of Kerr's 1 dimensional and easy to read pathetic rotations and lineups.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,586

Post#29 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:19 pm

I went with:
Steph
Moody
Kuminga
Dray
TJD

I went back and forth on Moody vs. Wiggins. It probably should be Wiggins, but until he remembers how to shoot, I went with this.
Similarly, I'm wary of starting TJD. But Looney just looks really broken now, and unless we sort that out, I can't justify leaning on him.

But also in my head is that we need to accept that we aren't the same team. We still play like the whole plan is to move people around a lot to get open 3's. And every game we get to hear Fitz moan about how unfortunate it is that the Warriors aren't making 3's, and how we'd be winning if only they were making more 3's. Guess what... this is getting to be a pretty big sample size. If your guys can't hit 3's/can't hit 3's anymore, run an offense that isn't so dependent on the 3. Moody can hit a 3. Kuminga enough to keep people honest. Draymond surprisingly well this year. But that shouldn't be the goal/plan. That should be what happens if other teams don't keep us honest and leave guys wide open for 3's.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,425

Post#30 » by Onus » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:24 pm

Coxy wrote:I’m really surprised that people have voted for Wiggins in this poll. I’m starting Kuminga every day from here on in at SF, with Dray at PF and either Loon or TJD at C matchup pending.

Wiggins is still our best perimeter defender. Probably anywhere from our 2-4th best help defender. If we hope to stop anyone he probably should be playing.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by superunknown » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:33 pm

Coxy wrote:I’m really surprised that people have voted for Wiggins in this poll. I’m starting Kuminga every day from here on in at SF, with Dray at PF and either Loon or TJD at C matchup pending.

maybe because he's still our best perimeter defender and this team sucks defensively.
superunknown
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by superunknown » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:44 pm

cpower wrote:
superunknown wrote:

just need to trade klay.

after wiggins i agree.

in no galaxy a player of the current roster should get traded before klay. he's the first one to ship, and it's been evident since last year.
he's singlehandedly been demolishing any resemblace of D without a break since the beginning of the season.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 262

Post#33 » by ShayDee » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:53 pm

Draymond should not be the starting center if you want him to be healthy and refreshed come playoffs if they ever reach there
cpower
RealGM

Post#34 » by cpower » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:53 pm

superunknown wrote:

maybe because he's still our best perimeter defender and this team sucks defensively.

he is not, not close. GP2 is by far the best perimeter defender.

GP2 : 115
Moody: 118
Wiggins: 122
Dubs 707
Junior
And1: 147

Post#35 » by Dubs 707 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:52 pm

We want Wiggs in, it's Klay that's been moved to the bench...
Looney for MVP
Winning Against Rivals Regularly In Our Running Style
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,300

Post#36 » by killmongrel » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:57 pm

Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond/TJD

Honestly, seeing how much Looney has regressed, we need a legit starting center. If there's a move Dunleavy should consider this trade deadline, it's that.
cpower
RealGM

Post#37 » by cpower » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:53 am

Dubs 707 wrote:

you want the worst player in the league to neutralize Curry as max level, he is more wiseman than wiseman this season
Dubs 707
Junior
And1: 147

Post#38 » by Dubs 707 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:33 am

cpower wrote:
Dubs 707 wrote:

you want the worst player in the league to neutralize Curry as max level, he is more wiseman than wiseman this season

Who's playing d in your line up
Looney for MVP
Winning Against Rivals Regularly In Our Running Style
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,143

Post#39 » by CDM_Stats » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:13 am

killmongrel wrote:Steph/Wiggins/Kuminga/Draymond/TJD

Honestly, seeing how much Looney has regressed, we need a legit starting center. If there's a move Dunleavy should consider this trade deadline, it's that.

Looney, GP2, and Wiggins havent regressed... system fits. But if we're running this kind of lineup out there, why wouldnt we try Looney there? Its pretty close to the system where both he and Wiggins flourished. Just having Kuminga be the Klay, the pure scorer/on-ball defender while letting the established Wiggins-Dray-Looney trio to run the help defense
cpower
RealGM

Post#40 » by cpower » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:39 am

Dubs 707 wrote:
cpower wrote:
Dubs 707 wrote:

Who's playing d in your line up

starting lineup? we dont have one wing who can play with Curry/Klay..

Return to Golden State Warriors