ImageImageImageImageImage

Ike/Mike/Murph back this weekend

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mayor Baron
Junior
And1: 0
Location: Slingboxing Warrior games from home in SF to school in LA, gotta get my Warrior games...

Post#21 » by Mayor Baron » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:07 am

IndyPacers67 wrote:Whether or not Ike ever really pans out or not is a moot point for us right now. We were headed towards distaster with the Jack/Al/Jermaine trio because that was getting run right in to the ground. Moving Al was a must, and Jack had reached the end of the line in Indy.

We can pretty much say the same thing about Dun (and Murph) too. They were just bad compliments to our team's style of play. Although Jack still gives us fits sometimes, it seems like he's being a bit more aggressive than Dun ever has been for us, and maybe a bit too much sometimes. Maybe it was just a need for a change of environment for everyone. All that and said, I'd expect some boo-birds for Dun and murph tomorrow, just as jack did when he went back to indy.
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,493

Post#22 » by WarFan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:33 am

Although Jack still gives us fits sometimes, it seems like he's being a bit more aggressive than Dun ever has been for us, and maybe a bit too much sometimes.

I think this is the main difference between Jax and Dun when they've played for the Warriors. Just looking at their stats, they seem like pretty comparable players, but the aggressiveness is the key difference (besides defensive ability). Dunleavy's reluctance to ever show any fire or desire to take it to the opponent in Golden State was what finally led me to loathe him the last couple years he was here. If he's really found that edge in Indy, then good for him.

Now, of course, Jax is the opposite and tends to get overly aggressive, especially driving into traffic looking for a foul that he's not gonna get. Sometimes I think that his interpretation of what is a foul is just too liberal because he hardly ever complains when a foul is called on him, but when he's touched at all on offense and doesn't get the call he throws a fit. It's like he thinks that any contact at all is a foul and he's just getting away with a lot on defense.

Overall, I'd say that Jax has been such a good fit and almost the perfect replacement for Dun in Golden State because he is the opposite when it comes to aggressiveness on the court. I'd much rather see the team go down fighting than laying down.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#23 » by realfung » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:02 pm

Would like to see them back to the Bay Area.....

And J-Rich is coming back on Feb 1, 2008 too.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,163

Post#24 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:25 am

Also no small matter:

Murphy + Dunleavy + Ike = $79,911,190

Al + Jackson = $49,096,750

Over $30 million savings

Return to Golden State Warriors