ImageImageImageImageImage

way too early Philly speculation

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,598

Re: way too early Philly speculation 

Post#221 » by HiRez » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:50 pm

whatisacenter wrote:Just floating this idea so don't jump down my throat if you hate it....

Warriors out Wiggins/7/14 might have to add another FRP
Philly out Ben Simmons
Washington out Bradley Beal

Warriors in Ben Simmons
Philly in Bradley Beal
Washington in Wiggins/7/14 future FRP

I'm not as against bringing Simmons in as many here are but nope, wouldn't do that. 3 picks and Wiggins is just too much for a guy whose value should be depressed right now. Philly has little leverage because they almost certainly have to move him. We might get outbid by another team, but so be it if that's the case.

If we're sending multiple picks then I want Maxey coming back in the deal. Philly needs to get rid of Simmons more than we need to acquire Simmons.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,111

Post#222 » by whatisacenter » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:22 pm

double
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#223 » by whatisacenter » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:24 pm

HiRez wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:Just floating this idea so don't jump down my throat if you hate it....

Philly out Ben Simmons

Warriors in Ben Simmons
Philly in Bradley Beal

I'm not as against bringing Simmons in as many here are but nope, wouldn't do that. 3 picks and Wiggins is just too much for a guy whose value should be depressed right now. Philly has little leverage because they almost certainly have to move him. We might get outbid by another team, but so be it if that's the case.

If we're sending multiple picks then I want Maxey coming back in the deal. Philly needs to get rid of Simmons more than we need to acquire Simmons.

Yeah, I think having to add Wiseman or a 3rd FRP is too much for us fans but without one of those it's probably too little for the Wiz.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,027

Post#224 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:52 am

Philly out Ben Simmons

Warriors in Ben Simmons
Philly in Bradley Beal

Too much potential going out for too much question coming in.

The starting lineup of
Curry
Poole
Simmons
Dray
Looney

doesn't exactly seem like a powerhouse on offense.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#225 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:20 am

Scoots1994 wrote:

Philly out Ben Simmons

Warriors in Ben Simmons
Philly in Bradley Beal

The starting lineup of
Curry
Poole
Simmons
Dray
Looney

Please explain to me how Draymond and Simmons work together?
Neither scores....both have value for defense AND BALL DISTRIBUTION. So they cancel each other out completely on offense.

If we get Simmons it better be sending Draymond out....

Give me Dame over Simmons any day of the week. Dame is a baller....clutch....we don't need a head case in Simmons.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#226 » by lars_rosenberg » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:05 pm

Simmons only works if he's replacing Dray.
At this point I'd stay away unless he's available for cheap.
Wiggins + #7 is the maximum I'd give up for him. A player that is a liability in the playoffs can't be worth more than that.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#227 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:15 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Philly out Ben Simmons

Warriors in Ben Simmons
Philly in Bradley Beal

The starting lineup of
Curry
Poole
Simmons
Dray
Looney

Neither scores....both have value for defense AND BALL DISTRIBUTION. So they cancel each other out completely on offense.

Give me Dame over Simmons any day of the week. Dame is a baller....clutch....we don't need a head case in Simmons.

its not....ideal. I put Wiggins in the trade idea because he only has two years left on his contract, is only 26 and would probably be more appealing to the Wiz than Draymond who is 31 with 3 years left.

But, if they don't include Wiseman in the deal, Love gets bought out then signs at the min and a healthy Klay returns.

Curry
Klay
Simmons
Draymond
Love/Wiseman

that 5 has better potential spacing and plays defense. I probably would not do the deal but was more floating the idea. Trading Green in a package with Simmons coming back makes a lot more sense but I get the feeling that the Warriors are going to keep the core and see how they play with Wiggins and I am fine with that.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#228 » by marthafokker » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:34 pm

For what GSW send out, I rather take Beal, and cut Philly out.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,306

Post#229 » by GunnerWRX » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:16 pm

Wiggins + 7 + 14 + future #1s for a guy who is a worse fit to us than Wiggins? Hard pass.

For those who actually watch the games not just the box score and highlights, Draymond basically plays point forward for us now. Most of the time he holds the ball at the top of the key and watches cuts and makes the pass, and direct the offense.

What does Simmons do offensively? Is he good at setting picks and looking for cuts to the basket and make the open layups/dunks? That is different from his role in Philly. In Philly, Simmons basically has Draymond's role.

If you let Simmons play his Philly role with us, what will Draymond do offensively? Draymond can't even hit a PJ Tucker corner-3 nowadays. Can Simmons see 2-3 plays ahead like Draymond does for us? I am not sure if Simmons at point forward offensively is better than Draymond for us.

With so many question marks, even Wiggins or Wiggins+14 for Simmons isn't a no-brainer to me. Let alone Wiggins+7+14+future #1s.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,282

Post#230 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:42 pm

GunnerWRX wrote:Wiggins + 7 + 14 + future #1s for a guy who is a worse fit to us than Wiggins? Hard pass.

For those who actually watch the games not just the box score and highlights, Draymond basically plays point forward for us now. Most of the time he holds the ball at the top of the key and watches cuts and makes the pass, and direct the offense.

What does Simmons do offensively? Is he good at setting picks and looking for cuts to the basket and make the open layups/dunks? That is different from his role in Philly. In Philly, Simmons basically has Draymond's role.

If you let Simmons play his Philly role with us, what will Draymond do offensively? Draymond can't even hit a PJ Tucker corner-3 nowadays. Can Simmons see 2-3 plays ahead like Draymond does for us? I am not sure if Simmons at point forward offensively is better than Draymond for us.

With so many question marks, even Wiggins or Wiggins+14 for Simmons isn't a no-brainer to me. Let alone Wiggins+7+14+future #1s.

After his debacle in the playoffs, I don't really want Simmons at all, certainly not in place of Draymond. But it probably doesn't matter anyway. According to Jason Anderson of the Sacramento Bee, Philly has set a high price--the 76ers are reportedly seeking an All-Star caliber player in return. The Kings would offer Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley, and multiple future first-round picks but the Sixers wouldn’t have any interest unless De'Aaron Fox or Tyrese Haliburton is part of the offer. I don't think the Warriors will be in the running for Simmons.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#231 » by FNQ » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:02 pm

So far, the caliber of teams interested in Simmons are making me think what the league really thinks of the guy.

Biggest interest so far is from IND, MIN, and SAC. Indy is respectable but has trouble attracting stars, so that makes sense there. SAC and MIN are two teams just desperately trying to find their Baron Davis
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#232 » by FNQ » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:05 pm

One other note - I think Seth Curry should be a part of any Simmons deal.. Seth was able to thrive because the actual PG played SF/PF defensively, so he could still guard PGs but didnt actually need to be one. Which is why I think IND (if they deal Brogdon, they acquire Seth) makes sense, as well as any team with a score-first PG.

Still think a CJ McCollum/Simmons based deal makes the most sense in terms of value. In terms of fit, Simmons/Seth to the Knicks makes a ton of sense as well
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 768

Post#233 » by jaymo123 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:21 pm

If I'm the dubs, I'm pulling the trigger on a Simmons for Draymond/pick(s) deal. I know people are down on Simmons and his shooting, but he still is a better scorer than Draymond, is bigger and longer than Draymond, and most importantly, is only 24/25 years old with room to grow. I don't care about his 3-point shooting, I just need him being more aggressive going to the rim because he can finish with either hand. Draymond's best years are behind him and as seen in the 2 play-in games, is extremely limited offensively.

Unfortunately, this trade will unlikely happen because I would think Philly wants something better than Draymond.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#234 » by HiRez » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:07 pm

jaymo123 wrote:If I'm the dubs, I'm pulling the trigger on a Simmons for Draymond/pick(s) deal. I know people are down on Simmons and his shooting, but he still is a better scorer than Draymond, is bigger and longer than Draymond, and most importantly, is only 24/25 years old with room to grow. I don't care about his 3-point shooting, I just need him being more aggressive going to the rim because he can finish with either hand. Draymond's best years are behind him and as seen in the 2 play-in games, is extremely limited offensively.

Unfortunately, this trade will unlikely happen because I would think Philly wants something better than Draymond.

If Philly is getting rid of Simmons because he won't shoot or score or space the floor enough, then Draymond is, I would think, about the last guy they would want to replace him. But yeah, it would make more sense for us.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#235 » by FNQ » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:22 pm

Is this the part of the offseason where we trade one of the most important parts of our team for frivolous reasons? Like how every offseason we talked about trading Iguodala because he was 'done'?

Draymond isnt getting dealt, and that's the correct move. The guy remains criminally underrated by the fanbase that he helped gift multiple titles to.. the Cohan era is dead folks. Let's not pine for it.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#236 » by HiRez » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:04 pm

FNQ wrote:Is this the part of the offseason where we trade one of the most important parts of our team for frivolous reasons? Like how every offseason we talked about trading Iguodala because he was 'done'?

Draymond isnt getting dealt, and that's the correct move. The guy remains criminally underrated by the fanbase that he helped gift multiple titles to.. the Cohan era is dead folks. Let's not pine for it.

To be clear, I'm not advocating for trading him, I think there's like a 1% chance he's not here next year.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#237 » by mos_def » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:26 am

lars_rosenberg wrote:Simmons only works if he's replacing Dray.
At this point I'd stay away unless he's available for cheap.
Wiggins + #7 is the maximum I'd give up for him. A player that is a liability in the playoffs can't be worth more than that.

To be honest, simmons step to get to the rim is way above both dray and Wiggins. It just seems that he rather pass once he gets to the rim now. But if it's who is able to collapse a defense off the bounce, it's an easy Simmons all day every day
Rudruff
Junior
And1: 120

Post#238 » by Rudruff » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:16 am

Simmons and Draymond playing together isn't the issue. Looney isn't a magnet for the defense and they make it work. The big issue is the free throws.

Every proposed trade is too much for Simmons if he can't shoot free throws and too little if he can.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,027

Post#239 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:51 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Philly out Ben Simmons

Warriors in Ben Simmons
Philly in Bradley Beal

The starting lineup of
Curry
Poole
Simmons
Dray
Looney

I can't. I wasn't in favor of the move.

Return to Golden State Warriors