Pro Prospect
And1: 465

Re: Emergency game thread 5:30 

Post#241 » by Romulus » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:30 am

Onus wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:From the "We Already Know" dept:

Read on Twitter

Klay begging to be traded

I know Steph isn't playing well right now, but contrast his answer with Klay's answer. It's remarkable. Curry admitted he's upset and booing the team himself on the inside for playing so poorly. Then, he states it's their job to give the fans something to cheer about.

Curry gives the right answer. Klay gives the wrong answer.

I honestly think Moody gives you better defense and better shot selection (right now) than Klay.

The FO has to be considering trading everyone, including the vets right now. Doing nothing? That's totally unacceptable.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 190

Post#242 » by thunderdunk » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:31 am

Impuniti wrote:
thunderdunk wrote:
Onus wrote:Klay begging to be traded

Again, is Klay tradable? Who could MDJ get back? Any trade would probably keep the Dubs in lux tax hell for a while, but could they get someone who could fill both an immediate and long term need? Who? Same questions for Wiggs.

It does sound like Steph just gave the green light. Time to clear the decks...

Klay is very tradable. He's a massive expiring contract. Add him, Kuminga and 2-3 picks and you get a top quality guy (lauri if OKC isn't involved IMO)

Trading Klay, JK, and 2-3 picks doesn't help unless you also trade Wiggs, IMO. And you don't want to trade a bunch of picks when you're going to need the picks to rebuild this mess in the future.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,425

Post#243 » by Onus » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:31 am

Impuniti wrote:
thunderdunk wrote:
superunknown wrote:
again. who cares?
just ship him out at this point.

Sadly, Klay's $40M contract means Dubs have to pick up one or more contracts of close to like value, correct? So any trade means they'd better like who they get, because (with the added lux tax) the cost is going to be enormous. Right?

Klay, JK, + 3 picks for Lauri, THT, Olenyk works. 2/3 I think are expiring.

The Jazz are playing much better basketball than us. Beat the bucks and nuggets
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,352

Post#244 » by Impuniti » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:31 am

Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
Onus wrote:Call masai let’s get Siakam before we leave for Chicago. He can meet us there from La. Jk Klay tjd 1 first lotto protected for pascal and boucher

Can you tell me what in the **** is SIakam supposed to do in this team? You all keep repeating it but I don't see how adding another 4 makes ANY SENSE. Any at all. Yet this half place is constantly asking for it while keeping Dray. What is the logic to put 40% of your team cap on two players that play the same position?

Because dray is a 5 when we close. I don’t care about the other 43 minutes. They can figure it out.

That sounds like a fantasy then. Dray is a 5 for closing minutes and is also a 33 year old that is breaking down more and more every season. But they will figure out the other 85% of the game with hopes & dreams.

Nice way to torpedo the roster straight into the ground.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#245 » by Impuniti » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:32 am

Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
thunderdunk wrote:Sadly, Klay's $40M contract means Dubs have to pick up one or more contracts of close to like value, correct? So any trade means they'd better like who they get, because (with the added lux tax) the cost is going to be enormous. Right?

Klay, JK, + 3 picks for Lauri, THT, Olenyk works. 2/3 I think are expiring.

I know they are, but they're a playin team with zero aspirations to compete. Granted Warriors are even worse, but the question is motive. Which teams wants picks/young stars and which team wants to compete?
Onus
RealGM

Post#246 » by Onus » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:33 am

Impuniti wrote:
Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Can you tell me what in the **** is SIakam supposed to do in this team? You all keep repeating it but I don't see how adding another 4 makes ANY SENSE. Any at all. Yet this half place is constantly asking for it while keeping Dray. What is the logic to put 40% of your team cap on two players that play the same position?

Because dray is a 5 when we close. I don’t care about the other 43 minutes. They can figure it out.

That sounds like a fantasy then. Dray is a 5 for closing minutes and is also a 33 year old that is breaking down more and more every season. But they will figure out the other 85% of the game with hopes & dreams.

Who cares the team is already buried. Pascal walks next year Klay walks we get to tank in 25 with our pick and are under the tax. Rebuilding season.

Sounds like a win win. You try something new. If it doesn’t work you get under the tax.
Onus
RealGM

Post#247 » by Onus » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:33 am

Impuniti wrote:
Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:Klay, JK, + 3 picks for Lauri, THT, Olenyk works. 2/3 I think are expiring.

I know they are, but they're a playin team with zero aspirations to compete. Granted Warriors are even worse, but the question is motive. Which teams wants picks/young stars and which team wants to compete?

Young stars?
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#248 » by Impuniti » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:39 am

Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
Onus wrote:Because dray is a 5 when we close. I don’t care about the other 43 minutes. They can figure it out.

Who cares the team is already buried. Pascal walks next year Klay walks we get to tank in 25 with our pick and are under the tax. Rebuilding season.

Sounds like a win win. You try something new. If it doesn’t work you get under the tax.

I'm all in to try something new.. but it has to make sense. Signing SIakam makes no sense unless Dray is the one being sent elsewhere.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#249 » by Impuniti » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:40 am

Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
Onus wrote:The Jazz are playing much better basketball than us. Beat the bucks and nuggets

Young stars?

JK, Podz, whoever they want.
Onus
RealGM

Post#250 » by Onus » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:43 am

Impuniti wrote:
Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:That sounds like a fantasy then. Dray is a 5 for closing minutes and is also a 33 year old that is breaking down more and more every season. But they will figure out the other 85% of the game with hopes & dreams.

I'm all in to try something new.. but it has to make sense. Signing SIakam makes no sense unless Dray is the one being sent elsewhere.

Curry made it work with dray and looney. Siakam is better than looney.

Curry made it work with dray and iguodala. Siakam and iguodala are basically the same type of shooter.
Onus
RealGM

Post#251 » by Onus » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:44 am

Impuniti wrote:
Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:I know they are, but they're a playin team with zero aspirations to compete. Granted Warriors are even worse, but the question is motive. Which teams wants picks/young stars and which team wants to compete?

Young stars?

Yea they’re all available. Lauri playing center and guarding Jokic tonight in a blow out win.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#252 » by Romulus » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:47 am

Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
Onus wrote:Young stars?

Yea they’re all available. Lauri playing center and guarding Jokic tonight in a blow out win.

I don't think Lauri is going to be available. Jazz are playing too well and actually competing (unlike the Warriors). He'd be a great fit here but you have to keep looking and willing to explore other various trade options.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,604

Post#253 » by HiRez » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:49 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:We've hit rock bottom.

Have they though? Everytime I think so, they find a new low.
Onus
RealGM

Post#254 » by Onus » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:51 am

Romulus wrote:
Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:JK, Podz, whoever they want.

I don't think Lauri is going to be available. Jazz are playing too well and actually competing (unlike the Warriors). He'd be a great fit here but you have to keep looking and willing to explore other various trade options.

Maybe not but I’m giving up 5 1sts for him.
BayAreaDub
Senior
And1: 234

Post#255 » by BayAreaDub » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:55 am

Romulus wrote:
Onus wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:From the "We Already Know" dept:

Read on Twitter

Klay begging to be traded

I know Steph isn't playing well right now, but contrast his answer with Klay's answer. It's remarkable. Curry admitted he's upset and booing the team himself on the inside for playing so poorly. Then, he states it's their job to give the fans something to cheer about.

Curry gives the right answer. Klay gives the wrong answer.

I honestly think Moody gives you better defense and better shot selection (right now) than Klay.

The FO has to be considering trading everyone, including the vets right now. Doing nothing? That's totally unacceptable.

Klay needs to be gone, hate his attitude
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#256 » by Romulus » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:55 am

HiRez wrote:

If they don't make some changes immediately, yes, it's going to get worse. Have you looked at the upcoming schedule? Several tough games on the horizon.

I would say, as bad as it is, not all is lost if the FO takes some action. Just think of last year's Lakers. They started the year 2-10. They were almost completely out of the playoff picture and what do you know, they made not just one, but several moves, improving the team with each trade. I think they can compete and make some kind of run with two trades if they're good ones.

Let's see what happens. The thing is, waiting until the trade dateline might just be too late.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,604

Post#257 » by HiRez » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:03 am

Romulus wrote:
HiRez wrote:

If they don't make some changes immediately, yes, it's going to get worse. Have you looked at the upcoming schedule? Several tough games on the horizon.

I would say, as bad as it is, not all is lost if the FO takes some action. Just think of last year's Lakers. They started the year 2-10. They were almost completely out of the playoff picture and what do you know, they made not just one, but several moves, improving the team with each trade. I think they can compete and make some kind of run with two trades if they're good ones.

Let's see what happens. The thing is, waiting until the trade dateline might just be too late.

Yeah, I think something like that needs to happen. Multiple shrewd moves with a high hit rate. But Dubs might also need a big fish if they want to get to the end, Steph is the only guy on the team who can carry the load at times and he's tired.

Waiting is also a problem, it even took quite a while for KD to click here. It's going to be difficult for anyone they bring in to catapult them to success right away. Plus Draymond coming in and out, CP3 and GP2 maybe coming back (if not traded). Would be a real challenge to define and stabilize a new lineup that fast, and doing it while winning enough games to get back into and stay in the playoff hunt.

And that's not even addressing the Kerr issue, which might be the most important one of all.
Onus
RealGM

Post#258 » by Onus » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:07 am

If we want to fix our starts we can’t start Klay and jk together. Just can’t do it and expect to get any type of defensive stop. They just get whatever they want.
Romulus
Pro Prospect

Post#259 » by Romulus » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:32 am

HiRez wrote:
Romulus wrote:
HiRez wrote:Have they though? Everytime I think so, they find a new low.

Yeah, I think something like that needs to happen. Multiple shrewd moves with a high hit rate. But Dubs might also need a big fish if they want to get to the end, Steph is the only guy on the team who can carry the load at times and he's tired.

Waiting is also a problem, it even took quite a while for KD to click here. It's going to be difficult for anyone they bring in to catapult them to success right away. Plus Draymond coming in and out, CP3 and GP2 maybe coming back (if not traded). Would be a real challenge to define and stabilize a new lineup that fast, and doing it while winning enough games to get back into and stay in the playoff hunt.

And that's not even addressing the Kerr issue, which might be the most important one of all.

Great post. Right now, there's a real problem because Kerr changes lineups every game. I saw the lineup tonight -- 3 guards with Podz & Looney -- and knew it was going to be a terrible start. Throw in the usual careless turnovers (how does that happen every time?) and you realize Kerr basically threw the game away before it even began.

With all their issues, there is also no continuity on this team; no one knows their roles, their minutes, whom they'll be playing with. Every night, Kerr it just throwing crap against a wall hoping something works.

If keeping Kerr the whole season is what's going to happen (and I think that's a mistake) the best thing Dunleavy can do is make it simple, obvious for Kerr. That's not easy but that has to be the goal.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,143

Post#260 » by CDM_Stats » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:35 am

Romulus wrote:
Onus wrote:
Impuniti wrote:JK, Podz, whoever they want.

He should be available, but the Jazz arent under the gun to deal him. His next year is guaranteed, so if they dont find an offer they like, they can just wait

Siakam OTOH.. well, Raps dont have much choice. And his versatility makes him a very appealing option here

Return to Golden State Warriors