whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,734

Re: It's TIME! 24 Draft 

Post#261 » by whatisacenter » Wed May 22, 2024 10:37 pm

vvoland wrote:
bicycle wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Again, you can clear the record at any time. For the record, would you personally trade Steph? It's very simple yes or no.

I would. But I suspect that the return would be insultingly low. Dame is younger and after he got traded he disappointed. Curry would not likely get a higher price than that, despite being better.

Despite thinking "that the return would be insultingly low" you'd still trade him? That's pretty crazy.

Yeah, trading Curry is crazy. He is not going to fetch an all-time haul and they would be losing their cash cow.

Keep the core 1 and surround him with some length and athleticism.

Don’t mortgage the future to add an old player to a roster with Klay and/or Dray.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,732

Post#262 » by Onus » Wed May 22, 2024 11:43 pm

Bringing in Hawkins, sandfort, and reeves. A bunch of shooters.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,033

Post#263 » by Scoots1994 » Thu May 23, 2024 1:50 am

EvanZ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Yes, you implied that is what you want since you agreed (specifically you said "I'm almost ther") with people who said "there is no need to trade Steph".

So, please, by all means correct me. For the record, do you want them to trade Steph and start a true rebuild or continue down this path his last couple of seasons? Easy question that should have an easy answer. yes or no?

It's really easy to correct you since the comment I replied to didn't mention steph at all but it did specifically mention trading core players away as long as it didn't cost future picks to which I said "I'm pretty much there". But that's not actually relevant because your reply was specifically to my second paragraph where I said the line you quoted "as good as possible" which was very specifically what I thought they would do and no what I preferred.

Do you get anything out of being a troll? I just don't understand it.

Again, you can clear the record at any time. For the record, would you personally trade Steph? It's very simple yes or no.

Me answering that question has nothing to do with you lying about what you posted.

There is no one I wouldn't trade on any team ever. Everyone and everything has a price.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,411

Post#264 » by EvanZ » Thu May 23, 2024 1:09 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
It's really easy to correct you since the comment I replied to didn't mention steph at all but it did specifically mention trading core players away as long as it didn't cost future picks to which I said "I'm pretty much there". But that's not actually relevant because your reply was specifically to my second paragraph where I said the line you quoted "as good as possible" which was very specifically what I thought they would do and no what I preferred.

Do you get anything out of being a troll? I just don't understand it.

Me answering that question has nothing to do with you lying about what you posted.

There is no one I wouldn't trade on any team ever. Everyone and everything has a price.

Ok, so you clearly can't answer it directly. That's what I thought. Not a serious people.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#265 » by EvanZ » Thu May 23, 2024 1:11 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
vvoland wrote:
bicycle wrote:I would. But I suspect that the return would be insultingly low. Dame is younger and after he got traded he disappointed. Curry would not likely get a higher price than that, despite being better.

Despite thinking "that the return would be insultingly low" you'd still trade him? That's pretty crazy.

Yeah, trading Curry is crazy. He is not going to fetch an all-time haul and they would be losing their cash cow.

Don’t mortgage the future to add an old player to a roster with Klay and/or Dray.

I mean you don't think OKC would give a haul to get Steph? You don't think Orlando would give a haul to get Steph? Are you joking? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's absolutely mind-blowingly hilarious is how you clowns think we can't get anything for Steph but for Kuminga and Wiggins we could probably get Giannis, Lauri, and Tatum combined. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This board
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#266 » by whatisacenter » Thu May 23, 2024 3:33 pm

EvanZ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
vvoland wrote:

I mean you don't think OKC would give a haul to get Steph? You don't think Orlando would give a haul to get Steph? Are you joking? :lol: :lol: :lol:

What's absolutely mind-blowingly hilarious is how you clowns think we can't get anything for Steph but for Kuminga and Wiggins we could probably get Giannis, Lauri, and Tatum combined. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This board

Again, cute.

Steph turns 37 next season and is better than Dame, who is 4 years younger, but this is what the Blazers received in the trade that sent Lillard to the Bucks. Not nearly enough for me to want to see Steph in another jersey.

Deandre Ayton (via Suns)
Toumani Camara (via Suns)
Jrue Holiday (via Bucks)
2029 1st-round pick (via Bucks)
Two first-round pick swaps with Bucks (2028, 2030)

Find a single post where I suggested anything like the Kuminga/Wiggins trades that apparently cracked yourself up.

You are not a serious poster at this point and never offer anything of substance when challenged.

Now carry on with your emoji's or lay out what you think the Warriors could realistically receive for Steph at this stage of his career.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,033

Post#267 » by Scoots1994 » Thu May 23, 2024 3:34 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Ok, so you clearly can't answer it directly. That's what I thought. Not a serious people.

Still lying I see.

How much clearer can I get than saying I would trade ANYONE. Do you somehow think Steph isn't included?

That's what I thought, you are just a troll.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#268 » by EvanZ » Thu May 23, 2024 4:14 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Still lying I see.

How much clearer can I get than saying I would trade ANYONE. Do you somehow think Steph isn't included?

That's what I thought, you are just a troll.

Yeah bro, I mean you're good at being evasive. You are saying you don't want to trade Steph without saying it. Well done. I'm sure most people are fooled.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#269 » by EvanZ » Thu May 23, 2024 4:16 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Now carry on with your emoji's or lay out what you think the Warriors could realistically receive for Steph at this stage of his career.

I think Orlando would give us Suggs, Jett Howard, maybe Anthony Black, matching contracts and at least 3 future first round picks. Maybe 4. Utah got more back from Minnesota for Rudy Freakin Gobert. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Would you do this deal? Or will you evade the question like the other guy.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#270 » by EvanZ » Thu May 23, 2024 4:23 pm

What's funny is evading the trade Steph question as if he's a role player. I am laughing at people who at this point in his career think trading Steph is some tactic to make the team better that depends on who you can get for him. LMAO. You trade Steph because you decide to rebuild, not the other way around. Trading Steph is the strategy.

If you don't want to rebuild then just say that. It's hilarious to me people can't just be honest.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#271 » by whatisacenter » Thu May 23, 2024 4:24 pm

EvanZ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

I think Orlando would give us Suggs, Jett Howard, maybe Anthony Black, matching contracts and at least 3 future first round picks. Maybe 4. Utah got more back from Minnesota for Rudy Freakin Gobert. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

No.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#272 » by EvanZ » Thu May 23, 2024 4:25 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

No.

Hey thanks for being honest. Now I know where you stand. I think it's the wrong opinion but at least it's honest and transparent.
vvoland
Pro Prospect
And1: 184

Post#273 » by vvoland » Thu May 23, 2024 5:42 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

No.

Agree with center on this, I wouldn't do this deal and I strongly suspect Orlando wouldn't either. That's before you get into the fact that Steph would have to actively want to go to Orlando as trading him if he wants to stay here is a terrible look for the franchise. I guess you could talk him into New York (MSG) or Charlotte (home-ish) or maybe the Spurs (Wemby/Pop?) but otherwise, you sure he wants to uproot his life and go play for the mf-ing magic?

Again, I'll put that aside. Out of that entire draft "haul" you suggested, the only thing I'm interested in would be Suggs. Howard and Black are hardly blue chippers. The matching salary is a negative, not a positive. I would expect the future picks to be pretty low value as they have a very good young core and a ton of cap space. So I'm getting Suggs and some late firsts in the future for someone who is still a top 10 player in the league? That's a hard no.

Best scenario I can imagine would be high value picks and young players. Now, if the spurs give us all of Atlanta's picks plus a few of their own a few years out, plus young players to match the contract, I'd think about it. If I'm getting 3 lottery picks with an outside shot to get a top 5 pick, maaaybe. The biggest advantage might be the super tank squads we'd roll out in the cooper flag, cam boozer back to back drafts. But the spurs aren't giving us that and I doubt Steph would be fine with going there.

Long story short - I wouldn't trade Steph unless he asks out (hope not) or someone just blows us out of the water with a hell of a draft haul and some young prospects (can't see this happening).
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#274 » by EvanZ » Thu May 23, 2024 5:46 pm

So you wouldn't trade Steph to get Suggs and 3 first round picks because...please tell me why you wouldn't? I need to understand.

What's the better alternative here?
vvoland
Pro Prospect

Post#275 » by vvoland » Thu May 23, 2024 6:29 pm

EvanZ wrote:So you wouldn't trade Steph to get Suggs and 3 first round picks because...please tell me why you wouldn't? I need to understand.

I just said it in the reply, the picks won't be good picks and I don't think suggs will ever be as good as steph is now and will be the next two years, if not 3.

I clearly think this team is closer to competing than you do. Nothing I'm seeing from the wolves, celtics, or mavs indicate we can't beat them with a few moves. Put a stretch big that can protect the rim next to dray and I think the lineup we have now would work great. My dream is miles turner but I'm sure the board is sick of seeing me type it.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,207

Post#276 » by TB » Thu May 23, 2024 6:35 pm

vvoland wrote:
EvanZ wrote:So you wouldn't trade Steph to get Suggs and 3 first round picks because...please tell me why you wouldn't? I need to understand.

I just said it in the reply, the picks won't be good picks and I don't think suggs will ever be as good as steph is now and will be the next two years, if not 3.

I clearly think this team is closer to competing than you do. Nothing I'm seeing from the wolves, celtics, or mavs indicate we can't beat them with a few moves. Put a stretch big that can protect the rim next to dray and I think the lineup we have now would work great. My dream is miles turner but I'm sure the board is sick of seeing me type it.

The success of the pacers this postseason is hurting your Turner plan the same way its hurting my Toppin plan :lol:
Onus
RealGM

Post#277 » by Onus » Thu May 23, 2024 6:37 pm

TB wrote:
vvoland wrote:

The success of the pacers this postseason is hurting your Turner plan the same way its hurting my Toppin plan :lol:

Which opens up the jalen smith plan! 8-)
vvoland
Pro Prospect

Post#278 » by vvoland » Thu May 23, 2024 6:48 pm

Onus wrote:
TB wrote:
vvoland wrote:

Yea, chances of miles turner being available are dropping by the minute. Not that he was all that available to begin with but if the pacers flamed out in the 1st round, maybe we could have talked them into it. That's why I'm more curious to see what Milwaukee does with Brook. He's old and on an expiring so he's probably not that expensive. Either wigs or CP3's partial guarantee would work but I doubt the bucks feel better about wiggins than we do. I floated Jalen Smith a few days ago on this board but the more I think about it and see him play (or don't, as the case may be), the more I don't think he'll have the confidence/competitiveness to fit here. We don't really have the time to develop a project (same reason I'm not too high on Goga as the starter over TJD).
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#279 » by azwfan » Thu May 23, 2024 6:57 pm

vvoland wrote:

I appreciate your optimism. I think itll take more than a few moves and more assets than we currently have. If we want to win with Steph i think we need to:
1) clear 2025 cap space, for the purpose of acquiring either a top FA or trade for a star
2) acquire more assets (in form of draft and/or easy to trade contracts),
3) bottom out for a year, making our ‘25 pick more attractive
4) play all youth. Have Steve talk up their value.
5) reassess in summer 2025 if we have enough to build something around Steph or go full rebuild.

On the chopping block: Everyone making more money than Jk and less money than Steph.

Want: any future picks, decent vets with tradable contracts, 2025 cap space, under developed young talent acquired with minimal assets.

6) at the trade deadline whatever trade-able vets we acquired - trade them for more future assets
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Onus
RealGM

Post#280 » by Onus » Thu May 23, 2024 6:58 pm

vvoland wrote:
Onus wrote:
TB wrote:

Yea, chances of miles turner being available are dropping by the minute. Not that he was all that available to begin with but if the pacers flamed out in the 1st round, maybe we could have talked them into it. That's why I'm more curious to see what Milwaukee does with Brook. He's old and on an expiring so he's probably not that expensive. Either wigs or CP3's partial guarantee would work but I doubt the bucks feel better about wiggins than we do. I floated Jalen Smith a few days ago on this board but the more I think about it and see him play (or don't, as the case may be), the more I don't think he'll have the confidence/competitiveness to fit here. We don't really have the time to develop a project (same reason I'm not too high on Goga as the starter over TJD).

I don't think he necessarily needs to start at the beginning of the season. He just needs to be in the rotation and then we can see where he goes from there. Even if he's just a change of pace that would be good. I'm kind of hoping we close next year with Curry/JK/Moody/Wiggins/Dray. Then TJD/Smith can replace Moody/JK whenever needed. That still gives us length and athleticism which we lacked this year.

But the biggest thing for him is if he can withstand the physicality and has enough competitiveness to fight amongst the trees defensively. Really just needs to box out and not get thrown around

Return to Golden State Warriors