Blazers in 7
No votes

Total votes: 38

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,784

Re: Western Conference Semi-Finals Thread: Blazers vs Warriors 

Post#281 » by wco81 » Sun May 8, 2016 4:41 pm

Didn't realize it during the game but Portland changed their lineup, to give more minutes to Crabbe and Henderson over Harkless so they would space the floor better.

Livingston only had 4 shot attempts. Wish he had posted up more.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#282 » by NBAfan3024 » Sun May 8, 2016 6:01 pm

Onto game 4

Let's do this
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#283 » by Phase 3 » Sun May 8, 2016 6:10 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:Onto game 4

Let's do this

Yep. Just need to fight for wins until Steph can get back.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 804

Post#284 » by SFrush » Sun May 8, 2016 7:10 pm

Impuniti wrote:Why doesn't Kerr trap him? The Clippers until they got crippled neutralized him completely and Kerr is just letting him play.

I don't understand why they won't trap him more as well.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#285 » by East Bay Sports » Sun May 8, 2016 7:34 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:Onto game 4

Let's do this

Yep. The one good thing about a loss is we've responded after any and every loss this season. And in the playoffs last year when we got down to CLE and MEM they turned it on for both of the game 4s in those series.

Very confident they will come out and take this loss personally tomorrow night.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,784

Post#286 » by wco81 » Sun May 8, 2016 9:00 pm

Thing is when Lillard is taking one dribble and stepping back or fading back while Klay is next to him, what do you do, contest and risk giving him 3 free throws?

Some shots, you have to shrug and say if he's making all those, he's going to be impossible to stop on that night at least.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#287 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon May 9, 2016 12:40 pm

Green and Klay played A+ basketball, but they didn't get any help. The bench was poor and Barnes sucked and even Iguodala wasn't his usual impact play self.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#288 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon May 9, 2016 12:42 pm

This was a huge win by Portland with their back against the wall. They wanted it more than we did. The Portland team is one reason to look at Durant this off season. This is a team that is on the rise and are going to challenge for the best in the west as they get into their prime. They also have a lot of cap space for this off season.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#289 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon May 9, 2016 1:44 pm

The second quarter doomed us, betting outscored 36-18 and a lot of that was a result of the bench's poor play. They jumped out to an early lead, but they allowed Portland right back in the game and a bigger factor, they gave them confidence.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,381

Post#290 » by cpower » Mon May 9, 2016 3:09 pm

wco81 wrote:Thing is when Lillard is taking one dribble and stepping back or fading back while Klay is next to him, what do you do, contest and risk giving him 3 free throws?

Some shots, you have to shrug and say if he's making all those, he's going to be impossible to stop on that night at least.

he wasn't taking that kind of shots in first 3 quarters. we didn't defend him well, our bigs were late to contest his shots after a PnR. We made him believe he could score anywhere on the court
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#291 » by OptionZero » Mon May 9, 2016 5:14 pm

Shaun didn't get enough shots - i hope the increased workload isn't taking its toll.

Danny Leroux had an observation about Klay - his hot shooting was great early, but led him to hunt for those same quality of shots (and worse) as the game went on. As he faded, he didn't make up for it by looking for better shots. Not the sole reason we lost, but I would much prefer an approach with the wealth spread out early to get everyone engaged. With POR 's shooting it probably wouldn't have mattered but it is important to keep role players in the flow

Tonight I'm looking for Shaun to bounce back and we need at least one other dude to shoulder some offensive load. Dray won't drop damn near 40 again. The defense needs to show up - POR shrewdly went to more Ed Davis, a much better finisher, but worse passer. Maybe we swarm him since he's unlikely to find guys like Plumlee. Harkless/Aminu/Henderson probably don't shoot as well, and Lillard and mCCollum should be human again. It'll be a closer game.

I hope that the Steph MVP announcement gives us an energy boost on the defensive end

Win tonight, Steph comes back and we close it at Oracle, then watch that OKC-SAS rock fight go 7. Goddamn those offenses are heavy on iso
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#292 » by a8bil » Mon May 9, 2016 5:44 pm

OptionZero wrote:Shaun didn't get enough shots - i hope the increased workload isn't taking its toll.

Danny Leroux had an observation about Klay - his hot shooting was great early, but led him to hunt for those same quality of shots (and worse) as the game went on. As he faded, he didn't make up for it by looking for better shots. Not the sole reason we lost, but I would much prefer an approach with the wealth spread out early to get everyone engaged. With POR 's shooting it probably wouldn't have mattered but it is important to keep role players in the flow

Yeah...only problem with that theory is that Klay was 8/16 in the first half and 6/12 in the second half. Identical percentages, fewer shots, and Klay didn't take a 3 pt shot in the second half until deep into the 4th qtr. Many of his shots in the third qtr were close to the hoop.
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#293 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Mon May 9, 2016 5:46 pm

OptionZero wrote:Shaun didn't get enough shots - i hope the increased workload isn't taking its toll.

I felt the same way watching the game as well. The shot distribution was way off with Klay and Green taking the majority of the shots halfway through the third - I think Barnes had the third highest shot attempts at that point with 5 whereas both Klay and Draymond were up at 15+ shot attempts.

I'm a big believer that if you get others involved in the offense, they'll be more eager to exert on the defensive end. It's the same problem when Westbrook and Durant hog up most of the shots - the other Thunder teammates don't give it their all on D.

I hope the Warriors move the ball more to start tonight's game.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,381

Post#294 » by cpower » Mon May 9, 2016 9:01 pm

i hope we defend threes tonight.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,952

Post#295 » by ducler » Mon May 9, 2016 9:44 pm

Return to Golden State Warriors