ImageImageImageImageImage

GSW @ MIL: Saturday Night Fever - 5:30 pm PST

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

BROWN
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#341 » by BROWN » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:04 am

Thank god for that mistake to begin the game,
or else I thought I would've never been able to see Kosta in a warrior uniform.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,278

Post#342 » by turk3d » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:17 am

-bob- wrote:Kosta looked really mobile out there! maybe because we were expecting someone hella slow after reading 510s posts so much, but he was really movin. He had a couple putbacks, blocked Bogut from behind, he did a better job than POB keeping Bogut out of the paint. POB was a foul magnet, Bogut was manhandling him but he had a sweet sky hook that made the Bucks crowd "Oooooh"...

:nod:

Perovic really surprised the heck out me. After his performance (and I realize it could just an anomaly) he looked better than POB. I was really surprised at his defense (maybe that's what 7'2 does for you). Out of the 3 Centers he used (wow, 3 Centers in one game, probably another anomaly) KP was the only one who was able to shut down Bogut (Beans was able to score on him but was unable to stop him for the most part) and Bogut clearly outplayed POB (O'Bryant bothered him a little with his fouls against him).

The most interesting things to me is that with both backup Centers getting some run for a change (first time all season) playing we outebounded the Bucks by 7 (who are a pretty good rebounding team) we won by 20 and Beans tied his career high with 20 points. Bogut was having his way on Beans earlier in the game on offense. Do you think having to bang with O'Bryant and Perovic may have worn him down a bit and softened him up a little for Beans maybe?

No Barntrus at the 4. What a delight.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
DIO
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Post#343 » by DIO » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:41 am

totally agree.

Kosta was better than POB in this game.
and his defense against Bogut was so good.

I start thinking that POB is actually nothing.
POB couldn't do anything against Bogut.(but yeah, he had a nice hook shot)
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#344 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:38 am

-bob- wrote:Kosta looked really mobile out there! maybe because we were expecting someone hella slow after reading 510s posts so much, but he was really movin. He had a couple putbacks, blocked Bogut from behind, he did a better job than POB keeping Bogut out of the paint. POB was a foul magnet, Bogut was manhandling him but he had a sweet sky hook that made the Bucks crowd "Oooooh"...

One thing Kosta has that POB doesn't - fire... Kosta just worked the Aussie up and down the court. He did that at times in Euroleague, but would eventually let the opposing player setup and get good looks, which he couldnt recover from...

I'll still maintain not to expect anything good from Kosta - I think Bogut is one of the more overrated players around (or else I see him on bad day after bad day), but what Kosta did was just being aggressive and could have easily been called fouls.

But a fresh Kosta... thats never been seen before. He usually ran 30 minutes a game every night, so who knows - this aggressive and fresh C we saw tonight could become a regular occurrence. I'd really like to see him against a more polished offensive C though, or at least a better positional one... Bogut either mailed it in or completely sucks at it...
djdamon
Junior
And1: 3

Post#345 » by djdamon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:43 pm

Wow, the Bucks don't match up well with us at all, do they. They look to have our old problem, no creators in the offense. We have to be glad those days are over.

:clap:
Coxy wrote:
Time will tell, but my money is on Larry Riley looking like a pillow biting ass master in the long run.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,163

Post#346 » by Twinkie defense » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:23 pm

Granted that anything good that comes vs. the Bucks has to be taken with a grain of salt. But it's nice to hear that Kosta looked like a basketball player out there.
Ben_Dover
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#347 » by Ben_Dover » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:16 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Patrick was out of control a bit, but nothing regular minutes wouldn't cure.

:lol: regular play for POB from Nelson. :rofl: that will be the day!
what's next? BWright gets a few minutes a game to improve and grow. :rofl: :rofl: :clap:
i know i know... good one Dover.
what the hell, while we're joking around and dreamin up the impossible.
how about Belinelli starts playing at least 1/3 of Watsons minutes.
:rofl2:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyways i did enjoy the game and totally agree with you Mylie on the POB improving with more playing time. let's just pray he gets it.
also i beleave the Warriors are going to do really well the rest of the year and have never really doubted it this year. even with all the annoying things going on and bad play, i've stayed a beleaver.

still i'm really bumming out on the lack of playing time for our first round picks. what's the deal Nelly?
tonight i had issues with Nelly waiting until under two minutes in a blow out game to give Wright and Belinelli some playing time.
i mean if they can't get minutes when their teams up by 30 then when will they ever get minutes? kind of sad for them and totally irratates me to no end. tonight it almost bothered me so much i barely enjoyed the win.

anyways at least he did get POB in there for a minute and we saw Kosta for a bit. (looked good) AND i am aware he did get all the youth in at some point, just a little late in my opinion. you don't learn much in the last minute of a blow out game.

anyways just a little rant. sorry if it's negative spin on a positive win.
GO WARRIORS!!!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#348 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:46 pm

You aren't alone, Dover :nod:
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#349 » by mistatwo mayn » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:51 pm

POB was part of that big defensive breakdown that allowed Redd for that open 3
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,645

Post#350 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:45 pm

mistatwo mayn wrote:POB was part of that big defensive breakdown that allowed Redd for that open 3

To be fair, he also forced turnovers from Bogut on 3 consecutive possessions. He looked pretty reasonable, given the experience he has so far. Not amazing, but not bad.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#351 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:54 pm

mistatwo mayn wrote:POB was part of that big defensive breakdown that allowed Redd for that open 3

The open corner 3 Redd had? Wasn't POB's responsibility... even with the quick rotation POB's not supposed to go out that far... I was actually angry that he tried to even contest the shot..
mistatwo mayn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#352 » by mistatwo mayn » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:22 am

he did poke the ball away and cause a few fast breaks...

but he did foul quite a bit (or get called for it)...

and he was out of position on that Redd 3. He was near the top of the key when he realized he was in a bad spot.

Not bad regardless, just knit picking between who was better out of him and Kosta
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#353 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:32 am

mistatwo mayn wrote:he did poke the ball away and cause a few fast breaks...

but he did foul quite a bit (or get called for it)...

and he was out of position on that Redd 3. He was near the top of the key when he realized he was in a bad spot.

Not bad regardless, just knit picking between who was better out of him and Kosta

I must be thinking of a different play then... I remember one POB came from the middle of the key to the corner, because he was retreating to Bogut or Yi... Mo drew our weakside point, and that player didn't collapse onto the other winger (Bell?), so our baseline defender came up.. and left Redd alone.

It was the lone good play I saw MIL run :nod:
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,645

Post#354 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:24 am

Ah. Yes, I think that is a fair question. I'm happy just to have it be a reasonable topic for debate. Kosta did almost nothing wrong, but he also definitely had some "right place at the right time" going on. I'll just be happy if it turns out we have guys over 6'7" that can spell Beans at center when needed. Now if Nellie noticed...

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
custodianrules2
Senior
And1: 0

Post#355 » by custodianrules2 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:39 am

You can't expect the center (the biggest, slowest player on the floor) to contest a baseline shooter. What's going to happen is the center will go out to contest and the shooter will put the ball on the floor and go right around him for a closer shot.

POB was okay, but he looked a little lost in terms of spacing and where to be and when to retreat and hold ground. Kosta seemed like the smarter, higher basketball player (probably because he was already a pro in another country). If Kosta is consistent, he might even be a regular rotation guy because remember this guy has some shooting offense (from midrange) and he's a long armed, well coordinated 7'2.

*** GET IN ON THE ACTION! NEVER BEFORE SEEN FOOTAGE! ***

Warrior Fans Everywhere Rule!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#356 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:44 am

custodianrules2 wrote:You can't expect the center (the biggest, slowest player on the floor) to contest a baseline shooter. What's going to happen is the center will go out to contest and the shooter will put the ball on the floor and go right around him for a closer shot.

POB was okay, but he looked a little lost in terms of spacing and where to be and when to retreat and hold ground. Kosta seemed like the smarter, higher basketball player (probably because he was already a pro in another country). If Kosta is consistent, he might even be a regular rotation guy because remember this guy has some shooting offense (from midrange) and he's a long armed, well coordinated 7'2.

This was his main problem... as CPH noted, he was in the right place at the right time a few times, and Bogut is not fundamentally sound. I'm tending to think its an aberration, as Kosta does play with energy - at times.

But his level of energy is something unfamiliar to us, even Biedrins never has done that. But please dont think he's quick... he ran the court because he had fresh legs and Bogut out-quicked him... but Kosta fought him every possession and never gave up.

Offensively, he showed the full range of his skills :D Catch, put back... that's not Nellie ball though, as proven by his benching of Wright and any PF/C.. He usually caught the ball before though, so I don't know why he was having trouble with that...

If he continues to box out like he did, start him... no one else finds a friggin body on this team except Capn Jax... the only other players I ever see doing it is occasionally Al Harrington and Monta.
custodianrules2
Senior
And1: 0

Post#357 » by custodianrules2 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:27 am

[quote="510Reggae"][/quote]

I think Perovic is pretty quick considering he's 7'2. You know it's all relative.

*** GET IN ON THE ACTION! NEVER BEFORE SEEN FOOTAGE! ***

Warrior Fans Everywhere Rule!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#358 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:36 am

custodianrules2 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think Perovic is pretty quick considering he's 7'2. You know it's all relative.

Wait until you see help defense... he blocked Bogut from behind on a seal out. On offense it gets even worse.

Its not that he's naturally slow, its that you can almost see his thought process on the court...

I'd really like to see him play against Big Al tomorrow... another oaf who expects the defender to give up position easily.

Return to Golden State Warriors