ImageImageImageImageImage

2021 Playoffs thread

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,615

Re: 2021 Playoffs thread 

Post#381 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:34 pm

Suns have been the best team in the league for over two months.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cladden
Analyst
And1: 391

Post#382 » by cladden » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:46 am

I really like this bucks team.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 391

Post#383 » by cladden » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:04 am

Very kobe booker performance.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#384 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:41 am

FNQ wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
Could be partially torn? I went 6 years with a partially torn ACL. I'd tweak it all the time and eventually it was gone. Maybe it was already partially torn and that was the last of it?

I know he's been pretty secretive about his knee issues.

He really hasn't. He had tendonitis, which can be as minimal as an itch or severe as something that hinders your ability to walk without pain.

Partially torn is usually considered "torn" by PR teams releasing stuff to the press. And typically when a window of 6-12 months is given, its because the PR team actually did their HW and understands that it likely wasn't a clean tear - HOWEVER, it may require the same rehab as a full tear, depending on location and severity

However if you went 6 years on a partially torn ACL, and were able to move around like normal for the majority of it, you likely had a high grade sprain (which is effectively one or several small tears in the ligament, but not enough to be considered 'torn') and that is something that can be managed passively. It would be extremely hard for him to play on a healing ACL sprain though. Which based on what we know at this time, is likely what he has - a small tear that's in the gray area of sprain / partial tear.

Based on what we know about Kawhi and his self-preservation, and that the Clippers refuse to rule him out for the season, my guess is he has an ACL sprain, which he probably could play on if his life depended on it, but also greatly increases the risk of a full tear, which probably isn't a good look for a guy who was hoping for a big contract in the offseason. That's just a bunch of tea leaf reading though

Called it 8-)

"LA Clippers' Kawhi Leonard has surgery to repair partial tear of right ACL"

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31814073/la-clippers-kawhi-leonard-surgery-repair-partial-tear-right-aclrm=amp
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 464

Post#385 » by GS Warriors 1 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:52 am

Booker had a hell of a game, but also very fortunate to finish that game lol.

Middleton and Giannis came up big to come back and take game 4. Won't forget Connaughton, either. He's had some big moments in this postseason.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,751

Post#386 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:31 am

GS Warriors 1 wrote:Booker had a hell of a game, but also very fortunate to finish that game lol.

Middleton and Giannis came up big to come back and take game 4. Won't forget Connaughton, either. He's had some big moments in this postseason.

Fortunate? Booker could have taken an axe to players out there and not have been fouled out.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#387 » by FNQ » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:08 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
Could be partially torn? I went 6 years with a partially torn ACL. I'd tweak it all the time and eventually it was gone. Maybe it was already partially torn and that was the last of it?

I know he's been pretty secretive about his knee issues.

He really hasn't. He had tendonitis, which can be as minimal as an itch or severe as something that hinders your ability to walk without pain.

Partially torn is usually considered "torn" by PR teams releasing stuff to the press. And typically when a window of 6-12 months is given, its because the PR team actually did their HW and understands that it likely wasn't a clean tear - HOWEVER, it may require the same rehab as a full tear, depending on location and severity

However if you went 6 years on a partially torn ACL, and were able to move around like normal for the majority of it, you likely had a high grade sprain (which is effectively one or several small tears in the ligament, but not enough to be considered 'torn') and that is something that can be managed passively. It would be extremely hard for him to play on a healing ACL sprain though. Which based on what we know at this time, is likely what he has - a small tear that's in the gray area of sprain / partial tear.

Based on what we know about Kawhi and his self-preservation, and that the Clippers refuse to rule him out for the season, my guess is he has an ACL sprain, which he probably could play on if his life depended on it, but also greatly increases the risk of a full tear, which probably isn't a good look for a guy who was hoping for a big contract in the offseason. That's just a bunch of tea leaf reading though

Called it 8-)

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31814073/la-clippers-kawhi-leonard-surgery-repair-partial-tear-right-aclrm=amp

Yup but there's still a ton of questions. Based on how everything went down, I still think we're in that gray area of 'when does a sprain become a partial tear' -- otherwise, the Clippers were just playing mind games. But why? It almost certainly would piss Kawhi off, unless he was in on it.. And why is the recovery time undisclosed? Once the person is opened up, you can have a pretty damn good idea of what a recovery window would look like

They put out an injury update press release and I have more questions than before the press release. Is Kawhi forcing them to be vague or are they terrible at PR? And if Kawhi is forcing them to be vague, why were they downplaying the seriousness throughout the playoffs? Am I missing something that makes this all make sense?
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,459

Post#388 » by Impuniti » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:13 am

Mylie10 wrote:Suns have been the best team in the league for over two months.

They have yet to be tested in any series until this season.
superunknown
Sixth Man
And1: 495

Post#389 » by superunknown » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:34 pm

what is this exactly? :o

inexplicable, he defends both the passer and the receiver of the alleyoop and goes at a sidereal height to block a guy like ayton. it makes no sense. block of the year without even starting the convo and one of the best ever.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#390 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:58 pm

FNQ wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Called it 8-)

Yup but there's still a ton of questions. Based on how everything went down, I still think we're in that gray area of 'when does a sprain become a partial tear' -- otherwise, the Clippers were just playing mind games. But why? It almost certainly would piss Kawhi off, unless he was in on it.. And why is the recovery time undisclosed? Once the person is opened up, you can have a pretty damn good idea of what a recovery window would look like

They put out an injury update press release and I have more questions than before the press release. Is Kawhi forcing them to be vague or are they terrible at PR? And if Kawhi is forcing them to be vague, why were they downplaying the seriousness throughout the playoffs? Am I missing something that makes this all make sense?

A strain is "stretched" and a sprain is "torn", right?

My doctor told me that a partially torn ACL would never recover because of a lack of blood flow to that area, unlike an ankle or other parts.. I think... that's just from memory.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/anterior-cruciate-ligament-acl-injuries

Grade 1 Sprains. The ligament is mildly damaged in a Grade 1 Sprain. It has been slightly stretched, but is still able to help keep the knee joint stable.

Grade 2 Sprains. A Grade 2 Sprain stretches the ligament to the point where it becomes loose. This is often referred to as a partial tear of the ligament.

Grade 3 Sprains. This type of sprain is most commonly referred to as a complete tear of the ligament. The ligament has been split into two pieces, and the knee joint is unstable.

Partial tears of the anterior cruciate ligament are rare; most ACL injuries are complete or near complete tears.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#391 » by bballguy50 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:13 pm

superunknown wrote:what is this exactly? :o

inexplicable, he defends both the passer and the receiver of the alleyoop and goes at a sidereal height to block a guy like ayton. it makes no sense. block of the year without even starting the convo and one of the best ever.

Hell of a block, caught the end of 4Q as I got back from dinner yesterday. Especially what, 1-2 weeks after a nasty hyperextension? Crazy.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#392 » by FNQ » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:56 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
FNQ wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

Called it 8-)

A strain is "stretched" and a sprain is "torn", right?

My doctor told me that a partially torn ACL would never recover because of a lack of blood flow to that area, unlike an ankle or other parts.. I think... that's just from memory.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/anterior-cruciate-ligament-acl-injuries

Grade 1 Sprains. The ligament is mildly damaged in a Grade 1 Sprain. It has been slightly stretched, but is still able to help keep the knee joint stable.

Grade 2 Sprains. A Grade 2 Sprain stretches the ligament to the point where it becomes loose. This is often referred to as a partial tear of the ligament.

Grade 3 Sprains. This type of sprain is most commonly referred to as a complete tear of the ligament. The ligament has been split into two pieces, and the knee joint is unstable.

Partial tears of the anterior cruciate ligament are rare; most ACL injuries are complete or near complete tears.

re: strain/sprain --- correct

the other part? Depends on where the tear is and how deep it is.. but it absolutely can be possible. Though I'd expect in those cases they'd at least offer surgery? :dontknow: I dunno, sometimes I dont get doctors' methodology. But there's almost always a method to their madness
CS707
General Manager
And1: 6,650

Post#393 » by CS707 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:28 am

Keep in mind it’s pretty difficult to determine the extent of an ACL tear even with an MRI. Especially while swelling and blood are still present. They won’t really know until they open it up.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,782

Post#394 » by wco81 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:37 am

Looks like Suns have noth8ng but Booker or CP3 ISOs.

Booker scores 40 but plays ugly basketball, especially in third quarter when Bucks build a big lead.

Then in the key possession of the game, he dribbles into a double team and gets stripped.

Bucks adjusted, Suns haven’t. Instead they became more reliant on Booker, who put up 32 attempts.

Looks like a massive collapse about to happen.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,738

Post#395 » by whatisacenter » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:29 am

Looks like I am going to have to apologize to Jrue. I really like him but I thought the moment was to big for him. He is proving me wrong.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#396 » by Quazza » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:39 am

whatisacenter wrote:Looks like I am going to have to apologize to Jrue. I really like him but I thought the moment was to big for him. He is proving me wrong.

That steal then the lob was incredible (as was the finish )

Iconic moment
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,751

Post#397 » by Coxy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:34 am

Coach Bud deserves the FMVP. After game 1, his adjustments have completely changed everything.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 278

Post#398 » by mos_def » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:37 pm

whatisacenter wrote:Looks like I am going to have to apologize to Jrue. I really like him but I thought the moment was to big for him. He is proving me wrong.

The only reason Ive been pulling for the Bucks is to throw some shade on my 76ers fans friends when I go there next week. It makes you wonder that though Ben Simmons and Embiid are good players, the total gut job of that team with players makes me wonder how futile the gut was when they drafted and acquired talent at a good rate in hindsight
Jrue Holiday
Jerami Grant
Robert Covington
Richaun Holmes
Lou Williams
Dario Saric
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 16,167

Post#399 » by floppymoose » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:14 pm

floppymoose wrote:I kinda wish I was a sports gambler now, because I would have bet on the Suns if I were picking a single team to win it all at the beginning of the playoffs. Not based on anything other than how easily they handled GS. They were the opponent (aside from Nets, but one of those games was right out of the gate when GS was in disarray) who just cruised to victory against GS.

Of course they could still lose, but I don't think they will.

Lol i jinxed them. Take that, Chris Paul.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,438

Post#400 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:48 pm

man....had I a little more extra cash I think one could make a killing on the long odds of Suns winning these final two.

In fact I trust Suns and Paul in this game on the road more than I would in game 7 at home
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors