Joe Lacob has no clue

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,438

Re: Joe Lacob has no clue 

Post#41 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:47 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
bay2hk wrote:The bad drafting can be blamed on the lacob sons. It’s no secretly his sons had a heavy hand in drafting all these busts including Wiseman. It wasn’t until Dunleavy took over we drafted better

I don't know if this is totally true, but I would certainly welcome all the Lacobs getting out of the personnel side of the business.

Podz and TJD are the opposite of what the Lacobs get enamored with(if you consider picks like Wiseman and Smailagic Lacobs picks) so us drafting them could mean MDJ is free to tune them out.

The Smailagic pick is really frustrating. We ponied up two 2nds and cash for that slug. If I were Joe, I would have gotten my sons out of personnel forever after that debacle.

So to be clear: 4 chips, 6 FINALS in 10 years - one of the years Curry was hurt majority of season, One final Daymond F'ed up and Curry choked, the other finals loss Klay AND Durant went down with injury.

They won a chip just 1.5 years ago.

How many season will he waste? Last year it was Wiggins checking out for personal reasons then Klay gagging in front of his Dad.

If Lacob doesn't do anything THIS year...then that will be the first F'up by Lacob IMO.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,751

Post#42 » by Coxy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:55 pm

This is one of the dumbest threads I've seen on this board for quite some time.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,119

Post#43 » by Jester_ » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:44 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:He hired Rick Welts, Jerry West, Bob Myers, and Steve Kerr. Four amazingly great hires that turned around this franchise. He's a cornball and has said a few outlandish things but all in all he's been a great owner. Most importantly, he's willing to spend huge amounts of money to win.

Drafting Stephen Curry turned around this franchise

You can say “drafting/trading for X player turned around so and so franchise” for literally every championship franchise. You also need support from ownership to take it to the next level and being a Mets, Jets, Warriors fan I understand that better than most. They’ve all had some of the all-time worst ownership that are incapable of winning anything.

The only top 10 all time player who didn't win a championship with the team that drafted them is Shaq, and that's mostly because he had to go through prime Jordan. And none of those teams lucked into a SECOND player of the same calibre in their prime.

Lacob inherited a player that literally revolutionized how the game was played - arguably the most ungaurdable offensive force the league has ever seen. We lucked into a TV deal that somehow allowed us to sign arguably the second most ungaurdable offensive force the league has ever seen. If anything, people are gonna look back and wonder how we didn't win more rings - even the Spurs got more rings out of Duncan.

But Lacob is a good owner and gets credit for our rings why, because he signed Speights? :crazy:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,381

Post#44 » by cpower » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:03 am

Coxy wrote:This is one of the dumbest threads I've seen on this board for quite some time.

why ? because we are on track to miss another playoff season:

2021: the year Curry avg 32 pts but we featured WIseman and missed playoffs
2023: the year we let Poole and Wiggins do whatever they wanted and we barely won a playoffs series
2024: the year we let Wiggins JK do whatever they wanted and we are going to miss playoffs
2025-26?

you see we ve been wasting Currys late prime because we treated Wiseman Poole Wiggins JK more than they really are (role players) whose fault is that?
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,734

Post#45 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:55 am

Coxy wrote:This is one of the dumbest threads I've seen on this board for quite some time.

I agree. One of the dumbest threads.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#46 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:06 am

cpower wrote:

2023: the year we let Poole and Wiggins do whatever they wanted and we barely won a playoffs series
2024: the year we let Wiggins JK do whatever they wanted and we are going to miss playoffs
2025-26?

you see we ve been wasting Currys late prime because we treated Wiseman Poole Wiggins JK more than they really are (role players) whose fault is that?

Lacob was dealt a strange but good hand. Lacob may have done mediocre with that hand but he did not do poorly unless you are looking at it in terms of money gained rather than winning and championships. From a money stand point I do not know how Lacob did.

2 timeline sounded good to me but in hindsight I would have traded the Wiseman, Kuminga and Moody picks. We could not develop young rookies on Curry’s timeline.

I don’t blame Warriors for picking Wiseman over Hailurton and Lamelo. NBA scouts all were wrong about Halliburton. I still don’t want LaMelo. That was a horrible draft so we should have traded out of that draft. But we needed a a tall mobile center and Wiseman was tall and mobile but missing good basketball insticts.

Best of Wiseman (mainly height) combined with best of Trayce Davis would have been a draft pick worthy of the 2nd overall pick but Trayce Wiseman was not in that draft.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM

Post#47 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:23 am

2 timelines would not have been a failure if we could have drafted Trayce Wiseman, Brandon Kuminga and Lester Moody.

Trayce Davis has what Wiseman was missing. Brandon Pizemski has what Kuminga was missing. Lester Quinones has things that would improve Moody. With those imaginary players the Warriors would be good.

Kuminga drives me crazy with weak rebounding. Podz overachieves at rebounding. Podz plays smart instinctive ball that Kuminga does not play but Kuminga is fast big and can jump.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,424

Post#48 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:22 am

Jester_ wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
Drafting Stephen Curry turned around this franchise

You can say “drafting/trading for X player turned around so and so franchise” for literally every championship franchise. You also need support from ownership to take it to the next level and being a Mets, Jets, Warriors fan I understand that better than most. They’ve all had some of the all-time worst ownership that are incapable of winning anything.

The only top 10 all time player who didn't win a championship with the team that drafted them is Shaq, and that's mostly because he had to go through prime Jordan. And none of those teams lucked into a SECOND player of the same calibre in their prime.

Lacob inherited a player that literally revolutionized how the game was played - arguably the most ungaurdable offensive force the league has ever seen. We lucked into a TV deal that somehow allowed us to sign arguably the second most ungaurdable offensive force the league has ever seen. If anything, people are gonna look back and wonder how we didn't win more rings - even the Spurs got more rings out of Duncan.

But Lacob is a good owner and gets credit for our rings why, because he signed Speights? :crazy:

The TV deal benefitted everyone, what set us apart was our owner and the GM he hired signing Steph to the GOAT contract while he was having ankle injuries.

OCT 31 2012 Signed a 4 year $44 million rookie contract extension with Golden State (GSW)

Which allowed us to sign free agents like Iguodala and KD which led to our first 3 championships.

The lack of appreciation for our owner is so effing ridiculous I feel regarded even arguing about it. I agree with Coxy, this is the dumbest thread ever.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Coxy
RealGM

Post#49 » by Coxy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:25 am

cpower wrote:

2025-26?

Joe Lacob has brought more success as a 1st time NBA owner than almost any owner in the history of the NBA, in just a decade or so. He is a wildly successful owner and person and has turned the Warriors franchise into a long term powerhouse, WAY beyond what we currently are as a team.

You sound like a idiot sitting behind a keyboard sprouting that "Joe Lacob has no clue".

If you think you can do better than what Joe Lacob and his chosen front office can do, submit your resume big dog. Let's see you step up.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,257

Post#50 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:59 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

The TV deal benefitted everyone, what set us apart was our owner and the GM he hired signing Steph to the GOAT contract while he was having ankle injuries.

OCT 31 2012 Signed a 4 year $44 million rookie contract extension with Golden State (GSW)

Which allowed us to sign free agents like Iguodala and KD which led to our first 3 championships.

The lack of appreciation for our owner is so effing ridiculous I feel regarded even arguing about it. I agree with Coxy, this is the dumbest thread ever.

Here here. It's a minority that feel justified in whining as a response to the struggles this season. Nothing more than a small clique of slob gobblers who are incapable of appraising the totality of decisions that turned virtually the worst franchise in professional sports into a championship dynasty and a model franchise.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
superunknown
Sixth Man
And1: 495

Post#51 » by superunknown » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:59 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

Here here. It's a minority that feel justified in whining as a response to the struggles this season. Nothing more than a small clique of slob gobblers who are incapable of appraising the totality of decisions that turned virtually the worst franchise in professional sports into a championship dynasty and a model franchise.

a championship dynasty yes. a model franchise not really considering the last 2 years and 3 out of the 4 last years.
why exaggerate and give unnecessary extra credit? they've been a model franchise until few years ago. now they're a good franchise.
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 311

Post#52 » by GswStorm3 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:23 am

Agreed It's not close.
svart
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,516

Post#53 » by svart » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:20 am

GswStorm3 wrote:

Agreed It's not close.

indeed.

and the irony is the opening post itself is clueless : ))))))
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Post#54 » by DevinVassell » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:34 am

Awaiting cpowers upcoming threads...

"Steph Curry can't shoot"

and

"Draymond needs to teach younger players self-control"
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,119

Post#55 » by Jester_ » Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:09 pm

superunknown wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

a championship dynasty yes. a model franchise not really considering the last 2 years and 3 out of the 4 last years.
why exaggerate and give unnecessary extra credit? they've been a model franchise until few years ago. now they're a good franchise.

Yeah apparently a model franchise means blowing the majority of your draft picks and choking in historic fashion in the playoffs. These guys are clueless.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
CS707
General Manager
And1: 6,650

Post#56 » by CS707 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:17 pm

Paying to keep a championship team together is huge, something the majority of owners wouldn’t have done. While I personally don’t love the move to SF, getting an arena done in the Bay Area, let alone SF is something that not a lot of people have accomplished. He’s done more in his decade or so of ownership than some other owners have done in a lifetime. What we’re seeing is the end of a dynasty. It’s part of the ebb and flow of sports fandom.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#57 » by jozef » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:54 pm

NBA success requires a lot of balanced parts. Player pool for positions, checking the most important attributes: athleticism, shooting, toughness and execution. Coaching staff with great playbook, GM helping them to create roster with no obvious flaws. There is not much of space for cockiness or shine of glory. It is a tough fight on daily basis.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#58 » by Coxy » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:26 pm

DevinVassell wrote:Awaiting cpowers upcoming threads...

and

"Biedrins needs to be brought back as free throw consultant"
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,645

Post#59 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:36 pm

Coxy wrote:

and

"We should roster Tacko Fall, Jordan Bell, *and* Omari Spellman in 2024."
(Unless that thread has already been covered, of course)

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Post#60 » by DevinVassell » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:29 pm

Coxy wrote:

and

Urgh... flashbacks

Return to Golden State Warriors