ImageImageImageImageImage

Nellie on Brandan (Kawakami)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#41 » by Sid the Squid » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:37 am

So Partrick is back to being our backup C...The only way I see him losing that position again is if he makes Nelson look bad by having a great stint on the floor..POB better not breakout like he did vs the clippers.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,108

Post#42 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:35 am

Hahaha... loyal 'til the end.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#43 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:03 pm

The problem is the bench. I like the move of putting Wright in the starting line up, even if the team digs an early hole. It messes with team chemistry I won't argue with that, but there has to be a way to get production from the bench and it helps get Wright playing time he sorely needs..
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#44 » by old rem » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:56 pm

-bob- wrote:I bet you anything Mully has something to do with it. Like back when he told Monty to use Monta more.

Good for him-if that's the case,the GM has to think more long term and not give in when it's important.
CENSORED... No comment.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#45 » by turk3d » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:15 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:The problem is the bench. I like the move of putting Wright in the starting line up, even if the team digs an early hole. It messes with team chemistry I won't argue with that, but there has to be a way to get production from the bench and it helps get Wright playing time he sorely needs..

How about giving Wright regular minutes off the bench? This gives us a 2nd quarter spark maybe and the best of both worlds perhaps (a decent 1st quarter).
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#46 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:38 pm

turk3d wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How about giving Wright regular minutes off the bench? This gives us a 2nd quarter spark maybe and the best of both worlds perhaps (a decent 1st quarter).

I would love to see Wright get 20 minutes a game and be an intrical part of the rotation. I love watching him play and I believe he is going to be special. I really do believe we would be seeing more of Wright if he hadn't been hurt this past off season. It's hard for a young guy to get the conditioning as well as learning the system once the season starts.

I'm hoping Nelson gets creative to get the guy minutes, because the Warriors really need the bench help.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,614

Post#47 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:27 pm

jrhester wrote:Al's a tweener - he can do some things at both the 3 and 4 spots, but is lacking some skills at both.

Hopefully Brandan is not a tweener! With his length, he needs to be around the basket, grabbing boards, changing shots, and scoring from in close.

I'd prefer that, if a young guy is a 4, you play him at the 4. Don't want to see his development potentially hampered because he has to learn one spot then move to another.

I here what you're saying, but:

The label of SF or PF is meaningless. When you put him on the floor with Al and Beans, the labels don't mean ess really. It's more about matching up. Depending on who we play would determine who he's guarding.

Just because you might be a SF doesn't mean you can't do interior things like rebound and block shots.

I think Nellie put him on Peterson was to provide some length running at a 3 point shooter. Problem was he should have been running at Peja.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#48 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:51 pm

Mylie10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
I think Nellie put him on Peterson was to provide some length running at a 3 point shooter. Problem was he should have been running at Peja.

Because it was real important to have the 6'10 guy guard a shooter so that Jax (the 6'8 210 pound guy) could be freed up to to defend NO's monster PF.

:roll:

Starting him was a lame way to get him his minutes. If Nellie & Smart can't remember to watch the clock and make subs when appropriate, then they can hire my to be a special assistant and my one and only job will be to punch Nellie in the face when it's time to put Brandan in at the 4 minute mark of the 1st.

Problem solved.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,614

Post#49 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:55 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Because it was real important to have the 6'10 guy guard a shooter so that Jax (the 6'8 210 pound guy) could be freed up to to defend NO's monster PF.

Starting him was a lame way to get him his minutes. If Nellie & Smart can't remember to watch the clock and make subs when appropriate, then they can hire my to be a special assistant and my one and only job will be to punch Nellie in the face when it's time to put Brandan in at the 4 minute mark of the 1st.

Problem solved.

:rofl:
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#50 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:15 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Problem solved.

Jax played well... West is good, perfect PF against us... can get off that little hook before you even blink...

Its not like West was getting easy jams... he worked for all his points and never got close to the rim for a rebound.

What shocked me was that Monta guarded Peja while Wright guarded Mo Pete... common sense dictates that goes the other way. But it was a man-zone and Peja always went to Monta's side... oh well.

Jax promotes extremism :nod: That Jax for all-star :censored: was classic :lol:
Thugleavy34
Analyst
And1: 305

Post#51 » by Thugleavy34 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:30 pm

hes a slasher

Goddamnit...

Return to Golden State Warriors