ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 83 (9-10 play-in) Tuesday April 16 vs. Sacramento Kings

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

RUN-TJM
Pro Prospect
And1: 20

Re: Game 83 (9-10 play-in) Tuesday April 16 vs. Sacramento Kings 

Post#441 » by RUN-TJM » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:43 am

marthafokker wrote:Guess it is time to hang back until Kerr is gone.

I am in the camp of trading Curry also so I can see him win again.

Selfishly I couldn’t watch him in another jersey.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,442

Post#442 » by Onus » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:43 am

CDM_Stats wrote:Glad its over tbh

Time to talk about the biggest elephant in the room... what we do with JK. Because how that's handled will determine the vision of this franchise. A moderate extension or selling high would be ideal. But if JK's agent is worth a damn, he's pushing for the biggest extension possible - Warriors or not

Trade jk
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#443 » by marthafokker » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:43 am

Cam we trade Kerr for a 1st since the media and league still think he is a great coach?
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,605

Post#444 » by HiRez » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:44 am

Time to talk about the biggest elephant in the room... what we do with JK. Because how that's handled will determine the vision of this franchise. A moderate extension or selling high would be ideal. But if JK's agent is worth a damn, he's pushing for the biggest extension possible - Warriors or not

I mean maybe but I think JK alone isn't nearly enough to fix all this team's problems. Even if you could get Markkanen for Kuminga and Klay (you can't), I still don't think they make it far in the playoffs. They're SO far away from contention.

I think it's a mistake to think it's fixable at this point, it needs to be burned to the ground. The "one piece away" ship sailed 2 years ago.

And on the other hand, while I like JK, I don't think he's the piece you build a new team around either.
wraith985
Sixth Man
And1: 1,168

Post#445 » by wraith985 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:44 am

cladden wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Kerr has never been the coach to win one game. He needs a 7-game series. Ain’t gonna happen this year.

If Kerr was actually rated based on his coaching for this specific season, he would be in China next year.

Newsflash. This team wasn't gonna that many games. We are not good.

They could have won at least 2-3 more and avoided the play in entirely. I don't think anyone expected this team to contend, but complaining about literally giving games away because the coach makes mind-bendingly stupid decisions is nowhere near that.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,158

Post#446 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:44 am

cladden wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
cladden wrote:We've been done for a while and it's not Kerr or anyone else's fault. We've been eclipsed by younger better teams and it's time to save Lacob some money. This always happens to great teams. We had no chance to keep this going. I like all 4 young guys and we should focus on getting back in it in the post Curry era. I'm willing to let him go elsewhere if he wants to or just do whatever if he wants to stay. It's impossible to build a contender around him with the pieces we have his remaining years.

Maybe, but we also have no idea what our "peak" looks like with this team because of Kerr. So while not being a contender isnt on Kerr, the fact that the team has no real identity and will play vets through their coldest streaks while benching quality youth means we're in a lot worse position going forward than we should be

Maybe. But I can understand how working with people you've worked with for a decade is. The thing is that we basically have nothing of huge value at this point. Kuminga, Moody, Podz and Trayce are all fine young dudes and Kuminga has a little bit of star potential. Curry could maybe fetch a little bit in the right scenario but who's to say he'd be excited about making a run elsewhere? He has nothing to prove. We own no one else's picks. We basically need to tank but I don't think it would have been fair to the fanbase, the players, the league or anyone else to have done that this year even though it was equally true at the start of this season.
Letting the young guys play more might have won us a few more or a few less games or just the same. Either way I don't think that would matter that much. We can't reasonably be expected to make this core even a team that you'd expect to have home court in the first round without some major free agent signing and I imagine that would require us to have Curry off the books first. Sometimes you just have to let certain events play out even if they're not exactly optimal from a future perspective sense. I don't expect any of these players to be on the team the next time the Warriors make the conference finals.

I'm not even talking much about this year. I mean we have big decisions to make on JK and Moody, and we have no idea what the upside of this team really is. If this team got to the #6 seed because of some wiser coaching moves, like focusing on defensive lineups, would it be worth trying to go for a star in the offseason?

Or, if Moody played well enough with enough minutes, it could be a foregone conclusion that Klay is out and Moody's staying. But thats up in the air too

No questions were answered except that the big 3 isnt a 3 anymore. And that the remaining 2 cant carry the team. Everything else? Clear as mud.. complete failure of a season by our head coach
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,300

Post#447 » by whatisacenter » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:45 am

cladden wrote:
Impuniti wrote:
EvanZ wrote:Kerr has never been the coach to win one game. He needs a 7-game series. Ain’t gonna happen this year.

If Kerr was actually rated based on his coaching for this specific season, he would be in China next year.

This.

The roster was flawed from the jump.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
SpreeChokeJob
Veteran
And1: 1,403

Post#448 » by SpreeChokeJob » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:45 am

cladden wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

Definitely good enough to not be blown out. People didn’t know what they were doing out there.
sonnyhill
Pro Prospect
And1: 227

Post#449 » by sonnyhill » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:46 am

HiRez wrote:

I mean maybe but I think JK alone isn't nearly enough to fix all this team's problems. Even if you could get Markkanen for Kuminga and Klay (you can't), I still don't think they make it far in the playoffs. They're SO far away from contention.

I think it's a mistake to think it's fixable at this point, it needs to be burned to the ground. The "one piece away" ship sailed 2 years ago.

And on the other hand, while I like JK, I don't think he's the piece you build a new team around either.

Agreed.

Does MDJ have the backbone to deconstruct-reconstruct?
Onus
RealGM

Post#450 » by Onus » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:46 am

RUN-TJM wrote:

Why would curry leave? He built this franchise from the bottom to the most valued franchise in the nba. He’s not going to ask for a trade.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,605

Post#451 » by HiRez » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:46 am

sonnyhill wrote:
HiRez wrote:

Agreed.

Does MDJ have the backbone to deconstruct-reconstruct?

I think he does, but it's 100% Lacob's call.
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,954

Post#452 » by Hoopstar23 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:47 am

Onus wrote:
RUN-TJM wrote:

Why would curry leave? He built this franchise from the bottom to the most valued franchise in the nba. He’s not going to ask for a trade.

Curry still has a lot left but realizes the team is not a contender
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#453 » by EvanZ » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:47 am

Onus wrote:

Trade jk

Trade Kerr
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#454 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:47 am

HiRez wrote:

I'm not saying to trade him for a veteran even.. I think if a team is willing to pay him a big extension and build around them, better them than us. He can get his own midrange shots sometimes, and is a great downhill driver, but other than that, his game is riddled with question marks and holes. He needs shots to be created for him more often than not.. he's unselfish, but he's not creating that on his own

Add in the rebounding issues and the hit and miss defense, and its not a bet I'd be taking. But if there's a team out there that's got a lot of shooting and needs someone who can take advantage of the holes that creates, Kuminga can be that guy right now

I just think, and I've said this since I got here some 15+ years ago, that the worst thing a franchise can do is put a pure scorer as their current or future #1 player. And I have huge concerns that the extension he gets in the offseason, from the Warriors, will view him as that
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 771

Post#455 » by jaymo123 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:48 am

I would try to trade Draymond, Looney, Jk, and let Klay walk.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 382

Post#456 » by cladden » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:48 am

powerball1373 wrote:
cladden wrote:
CDM_Stats wrote:
Maybe, but we also have no idea what our "peak" looks like with this team because of Kerr. So while not being a contender isnt on Kerr, the fact that the team has no real identity and will play vets through their coldest streaks while benching quality youth means we're in a lot worse position going forward than we should be

Maybe. But I can understand how working with people you've worked with for a decade is. The thing is that we basically have nothing of huge value at this point. Kuminga, Moody, Podz and Trayce are all fine young dudes and Kuminga has a little bit of star potential. Curry could maybe fetch a little bit in the right scenario but who's to say he'd be excited about making a run elsewhere? He has nothing to prove. We own no one else's picks. We basically need to tank but I don't think it would have been fair to the fanbase, the players, the league or anyone else to have done that this year even though it was equally true at the start of this season.
Letting the young guys play more might have won us a few more or a few less games or just the same. Either way I don't think that would matter that much. We can't reasonably be expected to make this core even a team that you'd expect to have home court in the first round without some major free agent signing and I imagine that would require us to have Curry off the books first. Sometimes you just have to let certain events play out even if they're not exactly optimal from a future perspective sense. I don't expect any of these players to be on the team the next time the Warriors make the conference finals.

Curry off the books? FOH lol 'fans' like you don't deserve Steph. You think any 'major free agent' is signing once he's gone? :lol:

No. I don't. That's the point of my post and my position.
Onus
RealGM

Post#457 » by Onus » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:48 am

EvanZ wrote:
Onus wrote:

Trade jk

Trade Kerr

I’m down for both
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,407

Post#458 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:49 am

I think we'll have 2 options:

A
Extend klay and jk, and trade Wiggins and moody

Steph, klay, jk, dray, tjd

I dont think kerr nor mcd want jk as sf without klay.

B
Trade jk and let cp3 and klay walk.

Steph, moody, wiggins, dray, tjd

Might be our best defensive group, but not really something kerr wants

A is the most likely scenario.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach

Post#459 » by CDM_Stats » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:50 am

jaymo123 wrote:

I would try to trade Draymond, Looney, Jk, and let Klay walk.

I dont get why trading Dray should be a priority

He helped coach up JK this year (because someone had to)
He doesnt take a lot of shots
He literally puts people in the right position defensively on the court

All these things sound good for young players

His downside is that he wants to win and we're not going to, so if he goes all bilbo-y, then suspend him. But the contracts coming back for him arent going to be good and will probably be younger. Unless there's some good draft capital coming back, it wont be worth it
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#460 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:51 am

Onus wrote:

Trade jk

Yup his value is pretty good right now and his BBIQ is too poor to be an impactful player
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors