ImageImageImageImageImage

Thoughts on if Dunleavy Jr DOESN'T make a move?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,258

Re: Thoughts on if Dunleavy Jr DOESN'T make a move? 

Post#61 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:09 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
He earned that extension with his play leading to a chip the prior year. That he was getting an extension or the timing of it was never going to change due to anything happening in training camp. The person he is and the player he was last season and even more so this season is why the extension was a bad idea.

On the one hand it's great for the Warriors that he pulled it together during his contract season because he was a key contributor to a chip. On the other hand it was lousy for the Warriors because JP the serious competitor and team player was a contract year phenomenon. It must have been frustrating for the team(Draymond included) to find that out.

And they found that out the first few days of training camp? This is all revisionist history. Draymond went nuts and neither Poole nor the team has been the same since.

The lack of dedication to winning was what they found out during training camp after the chip.

It's not like Poole is hiding it. He's not ashamed or anything: "...my basketball legacy is taken care of with the ring."

You don't know for sure what the altercation was about any more than I do so who's to say what's revisionism?

Let's say you are right about Draymond being altruistic with "the punch", which I find hilarious, how do you explain his behaviour since then?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#62 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:16 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:The lack of dedication to winning was what they found out during training camp after the chip.

Kerr, Looney and Curry are all on record stating that JP was EXCELLENT in training camp.

https://fadeawayworld.net/steve-kerr-dismisses-negative-reports-about-jordan-poole-in-training-camp-claims-the-guard-was-fantastic

"“Nothing could be further from the truth. Poole has been fantastic. Disappointing to see misinformation out there.”"
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,055

Post#63 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:18 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
And they found that out the first few days of training camp? This is all revisionist history. Draymond went nuts and neither Poole nor the team has been the same since.

The lack of dedication to winning was what they found out during training camp after the chip.

It's not like Poole is hiding it. He's not ashamed or anything: "...my basketball legacy is taken care of with the ring."

You don't know for sure what the altercation was about any more than I do so who's to say what's revisionism?

Let's say you are right about Draymond being altruistic with "the punch", which I find hilarious, how do you explain his behaviour since then?

What?

al·tru·ism | ˈaltro͞oˌizəm |
noun
the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others

Edit: To answer your question: It's been a tough season with plenty of losing and since Draymond's drive to win threatens to overcome his ability to keep his composure, it's lead to what we've seen this season with the suspensions.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#64 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:21 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:The lack of dedication to winning was what they found out during training camp after the chip.

Kerr, Looney and Curry are all on record stating that JP was EXCELLENT in training camp.

https://fadeawayworld.net/steve-kerr-dismisses-negative-reports-about-jordan-poole-in-training-camp-claims-the-guard-was-fantastic

"“Nothing could be further from the truth. Poole has been fantastic. Disappointing to see misinformation out there.”"

What are they going to say? He wasn't playing the right way and deserved it? They responded to it exactly as I would expect and hope they would going into a season they had high hopes for. It's all damage control.

But since the end of last season, the evidence trickling out paints a very different picture.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#65 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:21 pm

And Iguodala

Read on Twitter
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#66 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:22 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:

What are they going to say? He wasn't playing the right way and deserved it? They responded to it exactly as I would expect and hope they would going into a season they had high hopes for. It's all damage control.

But since the end of last season, the evidence trickling out painted a very different picture.

Can you cite some of that "evidence"?
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#67 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:34 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:And Iguodala

Read on Twitter

More recently...

The clip says it all. Poole came into camp after being such a big part of the championship and felt he had earned the right to play the way he's playing right now, which is an unwillingness to play defense and a propensity to chuck bad shots.

My assertion is that Draymond was all over him for it. Rather than changing his approach, Poole responded with trash talk. Draymond got more frustrated, lost his composure and the rest is history.

Read on Twitter
The hottest of takes...
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#68 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:35 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:

But since the end of last season, the evidence trickling out painted a very different picture.

Can you cite some of that "evidence"?

See below and my prior post outlining the evidence.
The hottest of takes...
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#69 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:47 pm

The common opinion around here, that Draymond is some kind of unthinking human animal, makes no sense.

Draymond is a thoughtful and intelligent person who's drive to win and do what it takes to win, is so strong that it threatens to overcome his composure. He's the 1b leader of the team and the way he expresses that is to loudly hold everyone accountable. Poole had enough of that which is why his defense and offensive efficiency declined the year after the chip and is the reason why he got his butt traded.

There's a notion that Poole's decline last season was a consequence of the punch. But that makes no sense since he's even worse this season, both defensively and with his shot selection. Did a Wiz teammate punch him this season too?
The hottest of takes...
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#70 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:58 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

What?

noun
the belief in or practice of disinterested and selfless concern for the well-being of others

Edit: To answer your question: It's been a tough season with plenty of losing and since Draymond's drive to win threatens to overcome his ability to keep his composure, it's lead to what we've seen this season with the suspensions.

You seem to think that Draymond punched Poole for the good of the team...I find that hilarious.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#71 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:00 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

What?

noun

You seem to think that Draymond punched Poole for the good of the team...I find that hilarious.

Well that's an obvious lie. There's no way anything I've said could honestly be construed as thinking Draymond punched Poole for any good reason. Poole being a no defense chucker sucks but doesn't make him deserving of getting punched.
The hottest of takes...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#72 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:04 pm

I listen to Andre's podcast. I've heard the whole segment.

your assertion about the clip is not the same as the assertion Andre actually makes during the clip. He doesn't say a word about training camp or the punch. He's talking about the season, and Poole's career as a whole. He's on record with the other most credible people in the organization not only denying the allegations of an attitude problem in camp, but flat out calling the reporting a lie.

There are run of the mill denials and then there are accusations of fabrication and disinformation. Looney, Curry, Andre and Kerr all said Chris Haynes was lying about Poole's attitude and plan in camp.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#73 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:06 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:I listen to Andre's podcast. I've heard the whole segment.

your assertion about the clip is not the same as the assertion Andre actually makes during the clip. He doesn't say a word about training camp or the punch. He's talking about the season, and Poole's career as a whole. He's on record with the other most credible people in the organization not only denying the allegations of an attitude problem in camp, but flat out calling the reporting a lie.

There are run of the mill denials and then there are accusations of fabrication and disinformation. Looney, Curry, Andre and Kerr all said Chris Haynes was lying about Poole's attitude and plan in camp.

It's called 'circling the wagons'. But I don't care about convincing you.

Edit: I'm a little incredulous though. Draymond did something he absolutely should not have done regardless of why he did it. What was everyone in the org supposed to say? It shouldn't have happened...but he deserved it...? Of course not. The only thing they would or could say is what they said.
The hottest of takes...
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#74 » by whatisacenter » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:07 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:What?

noun

Well that's an obvious lie. There's no way anything I've said could honestly be construed as thinking Draymond punched Poole for any good reason. Poole being a no defense chucker sucks but doesn't make him deserving of getting punched.

Now I am confused, haven't you been arguing that Poole had it coming with all of your posts?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#75 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:08 pm

They called the reporter (or the unnamed source) a liar.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#76 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:10 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

Now I am confused, haven't you been arguing that Poole had it coming with all of your posts?

Hey, that's not fair. You aren't allowed to interpret other peoples unequivocal statements with your own interpretation unless you are him.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#77 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:12 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

No. Nothing like that.

You know what Poole had coming to him? Getting traded. If Poole was the good soldier you all are making him out to be, he would still be on the team.
The hottest of takes...
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#78 » by Sleepy51 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:14 pm

This was all litigated at the time. The reporter who started the rumor ostensibly works for Klutch sports. The violent assailant was in the midst of a contract extension negotiation represented by Klutch sports. Haynes didn't even remotely try to defend his reporting in the face of these denials as the transparent manipulation was nipped in the bud.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#79 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:15 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:

Hey, that's not fair. You aren't allowed to interpret other peoples unequivocal statements with your own interpretation unless you are him.

When have I ever made an unequivocal statement along the lines of "Poole had it coming"?
The hottest of takes...
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#80 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:16 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:This was all litigated at the time. The reporter who started the rumor ostensibly works for Klutch sports. The violent assailant was in the midst of a contract extension negotiation represented by Klutch sports. Haynes didn't even remotely try to defend his reporting in the face of these denials as the transparent manipulation was nipped in the bud.

Oh, so it was all about the reporter shilling for Klutch sports? Quite the conspiracy theorist you are.
The hottest of takes...

Return to Golden State Warriors