Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,303

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#81 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:16 pm

CalGTR wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
and1GS wrote:Damn we really gonna run out a Evans, Curry, McKennie, Draymond, Damion starting lineup next year. ****.

FWIW...how much can DeMarcus really expect on the FA market? 1 year $15m? 2 years at 10 each? Maybe we have a shot to re-sign and given how thin we are we may need to jump at that chance.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I would sign Cuz to any not crazy amount on a 2 year deal because then he at least is a valuable expiring for trade next year. But we can not sign this particular player to anything that could become a “bad” contract because he’s not a good fit.

We can’t get stuck with him when the music stops

If it's true that we'd still have our tax-payers mid-level to use even if we signed Cousins, then I'd be fine with bringing him back next year. We're going to be very short-handed, and he'll be in a better position to help us as he gets closer to pre-injury form. I'd much rather have significant help on the wings, but we're so limited in what we can actually do we might have to take advantage of whatever ill-fitting assets we are able to get our hands on.

No need to use the MLE on Cousins. If Cousins will take $6.4M for next season, or a 2-year with $6.7M the 2nd year, the Warriors can re-sign him. If he takes it I imagine he'd only want one year so he could go into free agency again next summer. But I expect some team to offer him more money and longer term than that.
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Re: Klay tore his ACL 

Post#82 » by Jay 20 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:31 pm

and1GS wrote:Damn we really gonna run out a Evans, Curry, McKennie, Draymond, Damion starting lineup next year. ****.

FWIW...how much can DeMarcus really expect on the FA market? 1 year $15m? 2 years at 10 each? Maybe we have a shot to re-sign and given how thin we are we may need to jump at that chance.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I think if someone is going to give him almost any amount more than what the Warriors can he is leaving. That chance of a title really isn't there anymore to perhaps keep him around to take a pay cut.

Return to Golden State Warriors