AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 364

Re: Let the Real Offseason Moves Begin! 

Post#81 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun May 14, 2023 3:20 am

whatisacenter wrote:
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Been a fan since '87 and I am ready for the post-Draymond era. Appreciate all that he has done for the franchise but his game doesn't make up for his character at this point.

Draymond plays hard, is smart and funny.
What is the problem?

Draymond has an impulse control problem.
We just elected 2 presidents, Trump and Biden Biden who have impulse control problems. If Trump and Biden were bigger than Poole and fit they might have punched Poole under some circumstance. I still have not heard why Draymond punched Poole.

If you marry a person with poor impulse control your souse may hit you. My child abused wife would hit me but luckily for me she hit like a girl.

My violent wife is smart and lovable. I think Draymond is smart and lovable.

I legit can't tell if you are a parody account, between this post and your Tacko obsession, I should probably just ignore you.

Noticed the Tacko Fall love, too. Or, just trolling those to think he'd have an impact on day one with any team he was drafted or go undrafted? :-P
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,764

Post#82 » by azwfan » Sun May 14, 2023 3:35 am

CDM_Stats wrote:
azwfan wrote:Draymond physically threatened Kerr during halftime and physically assaulted Poole. No fire for that smoke though.

thats not really how the phrase works. We've seen the fire with Draymond, none of this is new. Its not condoning, we're just not surprised. If anything he did outshined what he was worth, they would have cut bait. But they didn't. Will they with Poole? We'll see.. but odds sure aren't in his favor

Dray was also really good all this season, which is a huge factor as well. Don't really care if Klay doesn't like them, the guy's not exactly known for his awareness of situations. But if Curry is making big speeches directed at someone, that's concerning. Cant remember hearing anything about that stuff.. when's the last time you heard a Warrior griping about minutes? Why were reporters coming out with stories about how tense the locker room was when Poole, and only Poole, was being asked questions during playoff post-game scrums?

Either way, don't get why there's excuse making for him going on. If he wanted out after the punch, then do that. Once you take the extension money, you need to be committed to doing better. Poole has regressed tremendously nearly across the board to the point where he's likely a negative value contract. He bears the brunt of that responsibility

Yeah I dont get why theres excuse making going on for Draymond either. He’s a child in a mans body and a 4th wheel with a stars ego. He assaulted a teammate and tried to blame it on the dude he punched. He also, in all his brilliance and adultness got himself suspended from a playoff game (again). Cant wait to see whats next from this pos.

I suppose theres a small chance he’s somewhat aware that he went way over the line and he never will again. I wont hold my breath though.

He did put his oversized ego aside once and came off the bench for a game (or 2) after being suspended. Ill give him that one public act of not being selfish in ~10 years.

Overall, I’m just tired of his act. He makes the Warriors extremely challenging to cheer for.

Wanting Dray gone has nothing to do with Poole. It has to do with not wanting to watch him on my team.

Poole OTOH is purely an on the court decision. If trading him makes us better (or can reasonably expect to make us better) I can get behind that.

I get the annoyance with the turnovers in those 3 months. Or the questionable shot selection. Or the defense… (all of which improved over the season). What I dont get are some of these character questions.

May be just me, but I like that he wants to play. I like that he’s confident. I like that he’s not intimidated by the success of “the core”. I like that he’s competitive. Would sure as hell rather have that than Ayton or Simmons or JBC or most of the scrubs we’ve seen come thru here.

Work ethic and confidence are two key indicators to being a successful player. Sure he’s immature, but he’s 23, guys usually mature as they get older. Usually — see Draymond for example of someone who doesnt.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 190

Post#83 » by thunderdunk » Sun May 14, 2023 3:53 am

DAWill1128 wrote:Poole + 2024 1st Rd pick + 2023 2nd Rd pick
For
Kelly Olynk + Collin Sexton

Danny Ainge gets some draft picks he's been compiling and a flier on Poole. We get a 7 Footer in Olynk who can shoot from deep really well and pass, think Curry pick n pop. Olynk can also spread the floor playing alongside Green and Looney. We were not able to run a real spread 5 offense all year, we ran gimmicks to deal with centers like AD. Collin Sexton is a really quick score first guard, more under control on offense and defense than Poole and can play both guard spots. We got little to nothing from Poole, we needed a guy who could efficiently get buckets on the bench.

Draft Lively. Bring in that vertical threat on offense and defense at center. He's got like a crazy 7-8 wingspan.

MLE on Lonnie Walker, he's a great athlete and good two way player.

C Looney, Olynk, Lively
PF Green, Kuminga, PBJ
SF Wiggins, Walker, Moody
SG Thompson, GP2, Rollins
PG Curry, Sexton, Jerome

I like the idea of picking up Olynk and Sexton, but Thompson and Rollins have to go too. Klay was genuinely bad in the W Semis -- he bricked the team out of contention. Him coming back, even at a discount, means you're bringing back someone who will hurt the Dubs' chances of another chip, not help. And Rollins is not an NBA caliber player. Still can't figure out why they drafted him. Maybe he gets better as he ages. I'm not interested in waiting to see.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,178

Post#84 » by watch1958 » Sun May 14, 2023 4:08 am

clyde21 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Poole doesn't fit anything - he's a zero value add to this team and is a terrible roster fit on top of it, he sucks next to Steph, sucks next to Klay, he sucks off-ball, is an overdribbler who can't run offense and is a massive defensive turnstile, can't even defend a single position

literally nothing that he does fits this system, scheme or our personnel...this is has been a huge misnomer on this board for a while now and it needs to die, people are just enamored with a nice hesi move and the occasional 28 footer, otherwise no, he's adds nothing to this team and all impact metrics have been showing this virtually his entire career on this team.

mind boggling that we still have Poole stans on this board. it's weird af.

It is mind boggling that we ever had Poole haters.
Poole has his problems but there are not many people that I would want to replace Poole with as our 2nd scorer who fits with the teal.

You have been wrong about Poole all year. Hopefully Poole will win you over next year.

i have been wrong about Poole? ok :lol:
If you’re so smart, why didn’t you suggest trading him last summer when his value was high?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 190

Post#85 » by thunderdunk » Sun May 14, 2023 4:27 am

HiRez wrote:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I don't think there will be drastic changes this off-season, unfortunately. They will "ride or die" until the wheels fall off.

We're going to see another 3 years of increasingly frustrating, depressing, and declining basketball, meanwhile Moody, JK, PBJ, and anyone else who they dare to draft will be wasted and on their way out. It's just going to be a burning tire fire and no chance of rebuilding until all the flames go out. I hope I'm wrong but I can see a pretty depressing 5+ years ahead if they don't start the retooling now (I don't mean trading everyone, but certain high-priced and/or under-performing players). And the first part of that retooling needs to be Kerr but I don't see it happening.

I think Kerr is a definite keeper, but otherwise, that's what's likely going to happen. And that's why Klay needs to go -- re-signing him at any number sets the Dubs back, big time. Klay won't want to be a bench player, and he literally shoots them out of games, while losing ground on defense each year. I think Dray is needed (even though he can be an idiot and a bully) because they need his defense, passing, and intimidation.

IMO, Dubs need to keep: Steph, Wiggs, Loon, Dray, GP2. Everybody else can be cut or traded. Moody looked pretty good in the last round, and JK still has a lot of potential for a young guy. But they're both expendable, if needed, in a trade. Even Wiggs could be included in a trade for the right package. With the exception of Looney, nobody on the Dubs rebounds. Wiggs did in last year's finals, but not so much in this year's PO's (although kudos to him for trying to play in game 6). I see adding rebounders as a key need that the FO needs to address in the offseason as well.

FWIW, I agree that they could really use someone like JaVale again. Someone who can defend someone like AD at least a little, and who can play within the Dub's offense and defense.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#86 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun May 14, 2023 2:28 pm

Read on Twitter
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,110

Post#87 » by whatisacenter » Sun May 14, 2023 3:14 pm

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

Next season isn’t looking good already.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#88 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun May 14, 2023 4:39 pm

Lacob bought the team for 450M. Next year's tax could be 500M. Ouch.

In some universe things go our way and the kids develop. The kids on this team, do fill the obvious holes.

Poole accepts that he is more jamal crawford than jamal Murray and commits to being 6th man of the year.
Rollins, a combo guard in that poole archetype, except he can defend some.
Joku, moody, and quinones is wing depth.
Pbj is that stretch 4 that we badly missed this year.
We have the 19th pick.
We have the vet minimum to fill the back up big spot. Thinking Whiteside, dhoward, Robin Lopez, gorgui dueng
No tax payer mle to use.

The starting unit is still great, but we need depth.

Outside of that, a poole deal is the only card left to play to improve our depth.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,831

Post#89 » by Skybox » Sun May 14, 2023 5:07 pm

ORL sends: Wendell Carter(fantastic team-friendly deal), G. Harris(expiring 12m, 40% from 3), Markelle Fultz (expiring 17m), DEN 25 frp
All 3 bring immediate, heady, two-way on-court value and financial flexibility. WCJ is very young, but ready to win and an extremely versatile big. Harris is a solid 3&D vet, Fultz' only real weakness is 3pt shooting-GSW might be the perfect fit for his skills/strengths. DEN pick could be a trade chip or another solid pick at the time when GSW is likely looking more to the future than rings.

GSW sends: Poole, Wiggins, #19...ORL has the financial flexibility to take a shot at handing Poole the keys and paying him for the next 4 years. Hopefully, Wiggins has grown enough during his time in GSW to take another shot at being a leading man on a young team. He and Poole would have every chance to be All-Stars in ORL, if they have it in them. #19 offsets the huge Poole deal and the risk he presents.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#90 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun May 14, 2023 5:35 pm

Skybox wrote:ORL sends: Wendell Carter(fantastic team-friendly deal), G. Harris(expiring 12m, 40% from 3), Markelle Fultz (expiring 17m), DEN 25 frp
All 3 bring immediate, heady, two-way on-court value and financial flexibility. WCJ is very young, but ready to win and an extremely versatile big. Harris is a solid 3&D vet, Fultz' only real weakness is 3pt shooting-GSW might be the perfect fit for his skills/strengths. DEN pick could be a trade chip or another solid pick at the time when GSW is likely looking more to the future than rings.

GSW sends: Poole, Wiggins, #19...ORL has the financial flexibility to take a shot at handing Poole the keys and paying him for the next 4 years. Hopefully, Wiggins has grown enough during his time in GSW to take another shot at being a leading man on a young team. He and Poole would have every chance to be All-Stars in ORL, if they have it in them. #19 offsets the huge Poole deal and the risk he presents.

You are, perhaps, the only Orlando poster that would welcome a trade revolving around Poole. I really think the situation messed him up mentally and the system doesn't and isn't centralized around maximizing his bball abilities. So, I believe his production took a huge hit from that, so his contract isn't a reflection for his worth for this season.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#91 » by whatisacenter » Sun May 14, 2023 5:36 pm

Skybox wrote:ORL sends: Wendell Carter(fantastic team-friendly deal), G. Harris(expiring 12m, 40% from 3), Markelle Fultz (expiring 17m), DEN 25 frp

I like GS/Orl as trade partners for a Poole/WCJ package but would not want to include Wiggins in the deal. But I get why you would want him in the deal and Poole/Wiggins are super tight with each other.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,831

Post#92 » by Skybox » Sun May 14, 2023 5:42 pm

whatisacenter wrote:

I like GS/Orl as trade partners for a Poole/WCJ package but would not want to include Wiggins in the deal. But I get why you would want him in the deal and Poole/Wiggins are super tight with each other.

Poole's a huge risk (with huge upside) but Wiggins more than evens that out, IMO...especially if GSW feels like all of the 3 have a legit role next year in a ring chase. WCJ is just a stud and plug and play with any team in the league at 4/5, IMO. He can do everything well and nothing at an elite level- just what GSW needs (and he's very young and on a cheap deal-also what GSW wants). Harris, is easily underestimated as well. He's shot over 40% from 3, but his volume is too low for ORL...I feel like the gravity of the Splash Bros will give him so many more open shots and his volume and ppg could jump up near 18ppg again (like in DEN). All 3 are smart, sensible players...none look like All-Stars, but all should immediately contribute nicely.

Perhaps adding the #19 was too much...maybe ORL adds a future first of their own, a few years down the road - when GSW will value kids more, say 2024 with top 5 protection?
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM

Post#93 » by Crazy-Canuck » Sun May 14, 2023 5:57 pm

Skybox wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

Poole's a huge risk (with huge upside) but Wiggins more than evens that out, IMO...especially if GSW feels like all of the 3 have a legit role next year in a ring chase. WCJ is just a stud and plug and play with any team in the league at 4/5, IMO. He can do everything well and nothing at an elite level- just what GSW needs (and he's very young and on a cheap deal-also what GSW wants). Harris, is easily underestimated as well. He's shot over 40% from 3, but his volume is too low for ORL...I feel like the gravity of the Splash Bros will give him so many more open shots and his volume and ppg could jump up near 18ppg again (like in DEN). All 3 are smart, sensible players...none look like All-Stars, but all should immediately contribute nicely.

Perhaps adding the #19 was too much...maybe ORL adds a future first of their own, a few years down the road - when GSW will value kids more, say 2024 with top 5 protection?

If wiggins got put on the open market, dubs probably get much much more than that offer.

Youngish 2 way wings that can play up or down while being able to consistently score 17-20 ppg don't grow on trees. Plus he's on a great value contract.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#94 » by killmongrel » Sun May 14, 2023 6:26 pm

Warriors are not sending Wiggins out in any deal unless they were upgrading at that position.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,239

Post#95 » by EvanZ » Sun May 14, 2023 6:52 pm

They probably end up bringing Poole back tbh. Like it or not he was really our only scoring threat off the bench and it’s hard to replace that. I have a feeling the FO will end up thinking this way.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#96 » by whatisacenter » Sun May 14, 2023 7:12 pm

EvanZ wrote:They probably end up bringing Poole back tbh. Like it or not he was really our only scoring threat off the bench and it’s hard to replace that. I have a feeling the FO will end up thinking this way.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Poole may ask to be traded if he hasn't already.....especially with the reports that came out immediately after the season ended that Draymond and the FO have mutual interest in a contract extension.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#97 » by killmongrel » Sun May 14, 2023 7:49 pm

Poole+picks for Dinwiddie+DFS.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#98 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Sun May 14, 2023 8:09 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

Draymond plays hard, is smart and funny.
What is the problem?

Draymond has an impulse control problem.
We just elected 2 presidents, Trump and Biden Biden who have impulse control problems. If Trump and Biden were bigger than Poole and fit they might have punched Poole under some circumstance. I still have not heard why Draymond punched Poole.

If you marry a person with poor impulse control your souse may hit you. My child abused wife would hit me but luckily for me she hit like a girl.

My violent wife is smart and lovable. I think Draymond is smart and lovable.

I legit can't tell if you are a parody account, between this post and your Tacko obsession, I should probably just ignore you.

Noticed the Tacko Fall love, too. Or, just trolling those to think he'd have an impact on day one with any team he was drafted or go undrafted? :-P

Who can be signed for the minimum and is the opposite of small; Tacko Fall.

Warriors are the smallest team and in the NBA. The things you would do to take advantage of the Warriors being small would stop wi king with Tacko Fall playing with n a zone for the Warriors. The teams would have to find another way through beat the Warriors while Fall plays. Fall is also good on offense.

I like making the opposition play more than one way even if only for a few minutes per game

I would also like a mobile shot blocking center and not just slow footed guan Tacko Fall. Baldwin grew and is now 6’ “11 but too weak to play center but Baldwin could be the he stretch shooting center making JMG’s 3 point shooting less necessary.

So replace JMG with 3 guys, a Jordan Bell / Ronny Turiaf / Birdman Anderson / Chris Gatling, Marquis Cris style center that you s light weight fast and can get his who blacking hand above the rim, and 2 Tacko Fall who is bigger and stronger than Steven Adams, and 3 Baldwin who will hopefully be able to shoot 3s better than JMG and Channing Frye. Just chose the back up center appropriate for the situation.

But Kerr should learn to trust centers. Let’s add Luc Longley as an assistant coach.

There will is nothing wrong with having 3 cheap back up centers on your he roster especially when 2 of them can play power forward. Most teams have at least 2 back up centers on their active rosters.

I am only asking for roster spots to be used on centers not for draft picks or salary to be used on centers. Using Wiseman trade exception and two 1st round picks or Kuminga to get a high quality back up center would also be reasonable. Looney can play some power forwards if traded for a starting quality center. We could back Draymond up big with Looney or small with Lamb.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#99 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun May 14, 2023 8:10 pm

killmongrel wrote:Poole+picks for Dinwiddie+DFS.

That'd be nice, but Dinwiddie is more valuable than Poole. So, ain't happening.

I think we have to lower our expectations a bit with regards to netting quality players back. But, based off what others have suggested and a few of my ideas:

Detroit:
Poole + Kuminga for Killian Hayes (Backup PG) + Alec Burks (6th man)

Orlando:
Poole + Kuminga + 2023 #19 pick (For our troubles) for Markelle Fultz (Backup PG) + Wendell Carter Jr.

If first scenario works, sign a serviceable 5 (Brook Lopez, Nikola Vucevic, Jakob Poeltl, and Christian Wood is far from reach for us):

-Mason Plumlee
-Thomas Bryant
-Bismack Biyombo
-Gorgui Dieng (Sure, why not?)

If second scenario works, sign a combo forward:

-Jae Crowder
-TJ Warren
-Torrey Craig (We'd make out as robbers if he miraculously signs with us)
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,340

Post#100 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun May 14, 2023 8:32 pm

I read Kawakami and Hollingers articles on our future. Kawakami is surprisingly optimistic and thinks JP has some value. Hollinger sounds more like us :lol:
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors