ImageImageImageImageImage

FAgency starts. What do you want out of July for the W's?

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

dr_peb
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: FAgency starts. What do you want out of July for the W's? 

Post#81 » by dr_peb » Wed Jul 1, 2009 3:30 pm

With their cap situation i don't see the jazz taking back maggette for okur. They'd be left without a center and $45 million committed to only 4 players for the 10/11 season... Maybe claxton + azu + beli? Or throw Turiaf in there for one of those guys?

It's a waste to have Biedrins, Okur, and Biedrins on a nellie team. I feel like Nellie would give those 3 65-70 minutes together max.

By the way, hoopshype shows morrow is owed 1 million next year and i thought his contract ended after this season. Can anyone confirm/deny this? That's huge if the warriors have him locked in at $1 mil for an extra year.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm
Sid the Squid
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#82 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Jul 1, 2009 3:32 pm

I'll never understand the love GM's show to the Corey Maggette's and Ben Gordan's.
Khoee
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#83 » by Khoee » Wed Jul 1, 2009 3:36 pm

Biedrins at PF...classic...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,667

Post#84 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 1, 2009 3:46 pm

Khoee wrote:Biedrins at PF...classic...

I know, its hard for you to expand your thinking, but try.
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#85 » by WarFan » Wed Jul 1, 2009 5:10 pm

Couple things:

Utah has 11 guys under contract (including draft picks) and they are already above the luxury tax. Milsap is their only important FA this summer. Okur, Boozer and Korver all picked up their options for one more year and none of them have to be extended this summer (even if they are extended, it doesn't affect this year's luxury tax).

Anthony morrow will be a restricted free agent next year under the Arenas rule. This means that no team will be able to offer him more than the MLE for the first two years of the contract offer. Also, the Warriors will be able to match any offer to him as long as they pick up his qualifying offer, which is the million dollar amount that hoopshype claims is his salary.

I'm not sure Mehmet Okur would be any better on this team than Al Harrington. Maybe a better attitude but even slower. Pass.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#86 » by Sid the Squid » Wed Jul 1, 2009 5:12 pm

Excellent basketball IQ and a team attitude.I dont see the Al comparison working.
WarFan
RealGM
And1: 1,484

Post#87 » by WarFan » Wed Jul 1, 2009 5:17 pm

I agree the attitude is better but you never know how players will react to Nellie, although I wouldn't expect any problems with him. The similarities are that he's a mediocre defender and a weak rebounder for a PF, not to mention a center.
dr_peb
Sophomore

Post#88 » by dr_peb » Wed Jul 1, 2009 5:56 pm

His rebounding stats weren't all that bad and I haven't seen him play a ton but he's best on defense against big post players right?

That's what the warriors need, let Biedrins & Randolph rebound and guard the more athletic forwards and centers. Bring in Okur to spread the floor against the big guys.
_Chip_5
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Post#89 » by _Chip_5 » Wed Jul 1, 2009 6:01 pm

I'd like to see the Warriors target Andre Miller and Marcus Camby. I am not sure how the Warriors could get Miller, but I think the team needs a PG who can make his teammates excel. We have players who can score decently, but they could take it to another level with a good PG.

Camby helps this team rebound, which is the team's biggest need.
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#90 » by Chris Cohan » Wed Jul 1, 2009 6:07 pm

Only one available roster spot, as long as we're just letting our super-hyped little s--twinger CJ walk for no return. If we're keeping him in play, we have to cut guys or make a lopsided trade to have any realistic ability to add anyone.

So we'd better be getting the Amar'e deal done or we're complete non-factors this offseason and everyone knows it. We already effed it up and can't realistically offer the Summer league guys a spot, or we're choosing them over any of the available Free Agents. It's great.

Kobe signing an extension as of first day of open talks.
That's how it works with contenders.

We'll just dick around all Summer while Poster Wars 09 rage on with irrelevant pissing contests covering up that nothing's changing in Warriorland. Nellie's league cred is zip. Rowell indeed running this circus, like it or not.
dr_peb
Sophomore

Post#91 » by dr_peb » Wed Jul 1, 2009 6:14 pm

Boozer's on the block and Utah could use low-salary roll players seeing as they have only 1 good one locked up beyond this year (brewer's rights, not even a contract). Turiaf, Beli, Speedy should all be 'very interesting'...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,613

Post#92 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 2:17 am

dr_peb wrote:Boozer's on the block and Utah could use low-salary roll players seeing as they have only 1 good one locked up beyond this year (brewer's rights, not even a contract). Turiaf, Beli, Speedy should all be 'very interesting'...

They'd probably rather move AK's contract. 16 mil for this year and 17.8 for next.

We could do Maggette and Speedy to get close, which would give Utah some reduction based on speedy expiring or retiring.

but we'd be on the hook for the 17.8 in 2010/2011. Huge expiring though.

Kirilenko fits from a defensive and ball movement standpoint, but Coreys scoring off the bench would be missed.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
darobster17
Sixth Man

Post#93 » by darobster17 » Thu Jul 2, 2009 4:22 am

At this point, I'd rather like to see the W's move salaries for expiring contracts and be a major buyer in the 2010 Free agent market...

Having said that though, the 2009-2010 Starting lineup for the Warriors(whomever that maybe) does have to show to the potential big names in the free agent market that the W's should be one of the teams they consider to play for...and NOT attract some "has been" or washed-up or NBA D-leaguers to make a name for themselves...no offense to Buike or Morrow or CJ Watson.

As much as people bashed Mully, I like to think that despite some of his bad contract signings he was able to move them...How many GM's can say that they did that...He definitely tried to bring back some respectability especially when they went to the playoffs and beat the #1 seeded Dallas Mavericks.

Well's it's July 1st and Let the Free Agency begin...I hope the W's do something that allows to pick up one good player(s) that fits into Nellyball and shed some bad contracts for expiring contracts. If they do both of these, I say it's been a good or decent offseason.
Sid the Squid
Banned User

Post#94 » by Sid the Squid » Thu Jul 2, 2009 4:44 am

Rockets only offered Artest a one year deal..He just signed with the cavs or lakers..More at 11.
Subaculta
Analyst

Post#95 » by Subaculta » Thu Jul 2, 2009 4:52 am

Sid the Squid wrote:Rockets only offered Artest a one year deal..He just signed with the cavs or lakers..More at 11.

I hope not the Lakers - it's already easy enough to dislike their entire roster.

thanks for the sig Boogie!
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#96 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Jul 2, 2009 4:59 am

Artest, Lebron, and Shaq would be effing disgusting.

Return to Golden State Warriors