Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,667

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#841 » by Coxy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:52 am

jason bourne wrote:
Coxy wrote:
jason bourne wrote:No team is interested to trade for Wiseman at #1 or #2.

How do you know this? Do you speak with the GM's of the league do you?

I haven't heard any team interview him unless he was the one who answered,

"One longtime Eastern Conference executive asked a prospect if he did drugs. When the player surprisingly said he did, the executive asked what his favorite drug was.

“He said he did ecstasy,” the executive recalled. “We asked him where he got the money for the drugs. He said, ‘They paid me to come to this school, so that’s where I got the money.’ Needless to say, he was red-flagged from our list.”

Wiseman isn't one with the high b-ball IQ since he quit on Coach Penny Hardaway and his team. Surely, he could've got a job to repay the money and would've had a nice sample to go by. More team would've been interested.

Oh yeah. The Spurs interviewed Killian Hayes and the Celtics Paul Reed.

Lol, what a bunch of nonsense you just spewed out here. Random quotes and facts that mean nothing about anything. Reading your posts are like listening to Trump answer a reporters question with just word spaghetti about nothing. You state something like its a fact, then when you get called out to back it up, you spew out randomness that just makes you look foolish because you're desperate for your opinion to matter.

Calm your farm dude, your just a fan that knows F all about what GMs and teams are thinking.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,027

Post#842 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:14 am

tarantism wrote:I'm starting to see the rationale for Ball. He's not my favorite pick but people keep saying we need the next Iggy/Livingston and he could be that and more. He comes in as a poor defender but our organization has proven it can teach defense. He also wouldn't be the biggest star on the team and wouldn't start or be expected to lead the team right away.

Ball is a high risk prospect but its hard to think up a scenario where he has better odds.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app

I would be more confident that a good defender could be taught how to pass adequately than a good passer taught to defend like Iquodala/Livingston.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#843 » by jason bourne » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:22 am

Coxy wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Coxy wrote:
How do you know this? Do you speak with the GM's of the league do you?

"One longtime Eastern Conference executive asked a prospect if he did drugs. When the player surprisingly said he did, the executive asked what his favorite drug was.

“He said he did ecstasy,” the executive recalled. “We asked him where he got the money for the drugs. He said, ‘They paid me to come to this school, so that’s where I got the money.’ Needless to say, he was red-flagged from our list.”

Wiseman isn't one with the high b-ball IQ since he quit on Coach Penny Hardaway and his team. Surely, he could've got a job to repay the money and would've had a nice sample to go by. More team would've been interested.

Lol, what a bunch of nonsense you just spewed out here. Random quotes and facts that mean nothing about anything. Reading your posts are like listening to Trump answer a reporters question with just word spaghetti about nothing. You state something like its a fact, then when you get called out to back it up, you spew out randomness that just makes you look foolish because you're desperate for your opinion to matter.

Calm your farm dude, your just a fan that knows F all about what GMs and teams are thinking.

Are u worried the Warriors have ignored him? It could mean Wiseman is one of those who gave "idiot" answers.

I don't think any team has interviewed Wiseman so far and are just going by his Woj interview. No interview with the Hornets even.

Or else you would've had something by now haha.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,420

Post#844 » by SpreeS » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:48 am

The newest video from JW workouts
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#845 » by Little Digger » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:57 am

I’m coming back around on Ball..

Highest ceiling

1. Edwards
2. Ball
3. Okoro
4. Wiseman

Safest pick

1. Okoro
2. Wiseman
3. Vassell
4. Advija

Best risk/reward ratio (BIG BOARD)

1. Okoro
2. Ball
3. Wiseman
4. Advija
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,613

Post#846 » by Mylie10 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:34 am

jason bourne wrote:
Coxy wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

Are u worried the Warriors have ignored him? It could mean Wiseman is one of those who gave "idiot" answers.

I don't think any team has interviewed Wiseman so far and are just going by his Woj interview. No interview with the Hornets even.

I read the Warriors have interviewed Ball and Wiseman, amongst other lower level guys.

I’m convinced you do something, who knows, and your posting gets incoherent.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,160

Post#847 » by whatisacenter » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:36 am

only a month to go until the draft and I am right back to the boing conclusion that the Warriors will take whoever is still on the board between Edwards and Wiseman if they keep the pick. The real question then becomes what if Ball is taken no. 1?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,667

Post#848 » by Coxy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:39 am

jason bourne wrote:I don't think any team has interviewed Wiseman so far and are just going by his Woj interview.

How do you know this? Which GM's told you they haven't interviewed him?
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 862

Post#849 » by DevinVassell » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:41 am

Little Digger wrote:I’m coming back around on Ball..

Highest ceiling

1. Edwards
2. Ball
3. Okoro
4. Wiseman

Safest pick

1. Okoro
2. Wiseman
3. Vassell
4. Advija

Best risk/reward ratio (BIG BOARD)

1. Okoro
2. Ball
3. Wiseman
4. Advija

Geez Digger, your big boards are more fluid than a gender identity list. I can't keep up. Looking forward to next weeks appraisal though.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#850 » by Mylie10 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:43 am

SpreeS wrote:

The newest video from JW workouts

I think this is a compilation of older and maybe some new stuff.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#851 » by tarantism » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:48 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
tarantism wrote:I'm starting to see the rationale for Ball. He's not my favorite pick but people keep saying we need the next Iggy/Livingston and he could be that and more. He comes in as a poor defender but our organization has proven it can teach defense. He also wouldn't be the biggest star on the team and wouldn't start or be expected to lead the team right away.

Ball is a high risk prospect but its hard to think up a scenario where he has better odds.

I would be more confident that a good defender could be taught how to pass adequately than a good passer taught to defend like Iquodala/Livingston.
Like I said, he's not MY guy but I could buy into it if the Warriors think he's the best guy.

Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#852 » by B-King » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:56 am

whatisacenter wrote:only a month to go until the draft and I am right back to the boing conclusion that the Warriors will take whoever is still on the board between Edwards and Wiseman if they keep the pick. The real question then becomes what if Ball is taken no. 1?

I have no love for Ball, but he seems to be player other teams might be enamored with to trade up for. Wiseman is putting the work in and I think he is the best fit for the Warriors. Edwards seems to be the most ready out the gate to contribute and is the most athletic player available.

Warriors window to win it is now and I go with Wiseman.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,027

Post#853 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:02 am

Here's an extremely detailed scouting report of Wiseman.

https://www.nbadraftscouting.com/post/james-wiseman
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#854 » by jason bourne » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:08 am

Mylie10 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Coxy wrote:

I read the Warriors have interviewed Ball and Wiseman, amongst other lower level guys.

I’m convinced you do something, who knows, and your posting gets incoherent.

Well, give us your link. All I have is Sam Vecenie's paywall and Warriors blowing a lot of smoke in order to up trade value.

ETA: What I've read is Ws interviewed Tyrese Haliburton, Kilian Hayes, and Lamar Stevens.

The smoke and mirrors of who the Warriors are picking at #2 are: Ball, Edwards, Okongwu, Wiseman, and Toppin in no particular order. Haven't heard anything about them interviewing Edwards, Wiseman, Okongwu, or Toppin.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#855 » by Mylie10 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:31 am

“While it’s unknown exactly where the Warriors will be picking in the draft, their NBA-worst 15-50 record guarantees them a top-five pick. That means that they should have the opportunity to select one of the draft’s top prospects.

As one would expect, the team is doing their due diligence when it comes to scouting the best prospects in this year’s class. Two players who have been connected to the Warriors in recent mock drafts are Memphis center James Wiseman and point guard LaMelo Ball.

And it appears as though the Warriors have already held virtual meetings with both draft prospects.

Per The Athletic’s Anthony Slater, the Warriors have already met with both Wiseman and Ball over Zoom and should be given the opportunity to meet with them and other prospects in person at some point..“

They did virtual interviews. That was a while ago, and I would assume they start interviewing more heavily if they aren’t already. But the team itself isn’t being specific to the media. They’re basically leaving every door open.

The only directional statements that have been have come from beat writers mostly. Not one actual staff member has said an exact name. As well they shouldn’t.
Khoee wrote “
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#856 » by Little Digger » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:32 am

Wiseman’s not quick or all that athletic from what I saw in that video
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#857 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:47 am

Little Digger wrote:Wiseman’s not quick or all that athletic from what I saw in that video

Agree. If a 6'10" power forward played at that pace we would all say he's slow.

For some reason many are giving him a pass...but from the footage I see he slow and sort of a plodder.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#858 » by Little Digger » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:07 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Wiseman’s not quick or all that athletic from what I saw in that video

Agree. If a 6'10" power forward played at that pace we would all say he's slow.

For some reason many are giving him a pass...but from the footage I see he slow and sort of a plodder.
I’m dropping him down
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,429

Post#859 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:56 am

John Collins and Atlanta look like a great trade partner IF Warriors want to trade down to 6th pick.

So IF Myers doesn't love Edwards, Lamelo or Wiseman...then trading down, getting Collins (40% from three at 6'9"!) plus Toppin, Deni or another player they like makes sense.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,401

Post#860 » by wco81 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:16 am

Maybe but Collins is due for a big payday.

And he put up big numbers but obviously doesn't help Atlanta win. I'm guessing he wasn't a big shot blocker rotating in from the weak side.

Return to Golden State Warriors