Jarrett Jack will travel to California to watch GSW/LAC

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,708

Post#1 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:25 pm

http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/cavalie ... e-1.481297

Doesn't say whether he's going to Staples or Oracle, but if he goes to one of our home games it really shows how much he still genuinely loves this team. Still showing support even though we didn't keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#DubNation
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Re: Jarrett Jack will travel to California to watch GSW/LAC 

Post#2 » by migya » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:36 pm

Still wouldn't want him if there was a chance to get him. Too much of a ballhog and too out of control. A stable, distributing PG that can shoot from outside, like Blake, but more consistent and productive, is what the team needs at backup PG.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#3 » by and1GS » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:36 pm

We didn't keep him? He chose long term financial security over a chance to be on a playoff team. Nothing wrong with that, but let's stop with the 'we let him go' takes.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#4 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:32 pm

Never said I still wanted to keep him, I just appreciated how he still supports the team.

But okay, let's use this thread to bash on him.

#DubNation
LeonGenesis
Sixth Man
And1: 344

Post#5 » by LeonGenesis » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:44 pm

He's going to attend the game just because he has nothing else to do and get some attention.... If he loves the team so much, then he would have chosen to stay...
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Post#6 » by TaylorMonkey » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:45 pm

Cool deal. I loved his lap around the arena in our final playoff game.

At some point he'll likely try to sneak on the bench wearing his old uniform.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#7 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:45 pm

and1GS wrote:We didn't keep him? He chose long term financial security over a chance to be on a playoff team.

You don't think I know that?

No matter which way you put it, we still didn't keep him. Mainly because he had a great year and couldn't afford him.

What exactly is wrong with me saying, "We didn't keep him"?

You're acting like I said, "OMG WE'RE SO DUMB FOR GOING FOR IGUODALA INSTEAD, I HATE BEING THE #1 DEFENSIVE TEAM IN THE WEST".

and1GS wrote:Nothing wrong with that, but let's stop with the 'we let him go' takes.

And then you say, "Nothing wrong with that".

If there's nothing wrong with that then why are you attacking me for saying, "We didn't keep him" due to him being too expensive and that he deserved bigger money elsewhere?

#DubNation
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#8 » by Kuya » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:55 pm

He should wear his old jersey

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#9 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:03 pm

That's great that he still got love for the Bay Area. One of my good buddies got his autograph for his daughter when we were leaving Oracle Arena. Him, Kent Bazemore, and Festus Ezeli stopped their cars and gave autographs for the fans out in the parking lot. Welcome back Jack! Don't you ever leave no more HAHA!!!
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#10 » by and1GS » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:52 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:
and1GS wrote:We didn't keep him? He chose long term financial security over a chance to be on a playoff team.

You don't think I know that?

No matter which way you put it, we still didn't keep him. Mainly because he had a great year and couldn't afford him.

What exactly is wrong with me saying, "We didn't keep him"?

You're acting like I said, "OMG WE'RE SO DUMB FOR GOING FOR IGUODALA INSTEAD, I HATE BEING THE #1 DEFENSIVE TEAM IN THE WEST".

and1GS wrote:Nothing wrong with that, but let's stop with the 'we let him go' takes.

And then you say, "Nothing wrong with that".

If there's nothing wrong with that then why are you attacking me for saying, "We didn't keep him" due to him being too expensive and that he deserved bigger money elsewhere?

lol, in what world is what I said attacking you? Get some thicker skin, it's like talking to my nephews when they were in their crying stage.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#11 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Cool, but needs a thread? If we cant talk about him taking more money to play on a loser or whether or not we'd take him back, this thread could be a tweet instead.

He took the money, good for him. He was a rental, so kinda hard to care what he's up to
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,887

Post#12 » by 510TWSS » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:37 pm

But does he have juice on the game?!
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#13 » by GSWhoopfan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:46 pm

Dude hit big shots though.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#14 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:45 am

GSWhoopfan wrote:Dude hit big shots though.

That he did... I'd say he's a top 100 player, just a bit ahead of Kevin Durant :P
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#15 » by bakesale » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:53 am

I would take him back. I think he had a huge impact on our team, both with his production and his veteran leadership/presence.

His going is one of the biggest reasons our offence isn't what it was last year. The amount of times he saved our asses when klay was cold and/or curry was being smothered by the opp defence...
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#16 » by GSWhoopfan » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:01 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:
GSWhoopfan wrote:Dude hit big shots though.

That he did... I'd say he's a top 100 player, just a bit ahead of Kevin Durant :P

I don't know about all that...but Steph is much more important to a team than Durant is. Steph is the third best player in the league behind the king and CP.

I never thought Steph was that good to be top 5 but dude is a superstar who earns his. Can't say that about KD who's hand fed everything.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
migya
Head Coach

Post#17 » by migya » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:03 am

bakesale wrote:I would take him back. I think he had a huge impact on our team, both with his production and his veteran leadership/presence.

His going is one of the biggest reasons our offence isn't what it was last year. The amount of times he saved our asses when klay was cold and/or curry was being smothered by the opp defence...

Guy was a ballhog and took bad shots. He did have what was close to a career year for him last season and wouldn't duplicate that again.
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#18 » by bakesale » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:22 am

migya wrote:
bakesale wrote:I would take him back. I think he had a huge impact on our team, both with his production and his veteran leadership/presence.

Guy was a ballhog and took bad shots. He did have what was close to a career year for him last season and wouldn't duplicate that again.

He had a fair amount of assists and for the most part only scored when all other bases are covered. Mind you he was a legit 40% from 3s. So to me his shot selection was warranted when he was shooting it at a good clip.
And I see no reason why he couldn't have continued his form especially considering the chemistry here was excellent with him. He loved it here, fit in well and publicly said he wanted to be back.

I'm of the opinion that we should've tried to keep him but was too hellbent on getting a big name free agent.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#19 » by Quazza » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:08 am

charge him double for a ticket.

Traitor
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
migya
Head Coach

Post#20 » by migya » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:35 am

bakesale wrote:
migya wrote:

He had a fair amount of assists and for the most part only scored when all other bases are covered. Mind you he was a legit 40% from 3s. So to me his shot selection was warranted when he was shooting it at a good clip.
And I see no reason why he couldn't have continued his form especially considering the chemistry here was excellent with him. He loved it here, fit in well and publicly said he wanted to be back.

I'm of the opinion that we should've tried to keep him but was too hellbent on getting a big name free agent.

Almost all his numbers were well higher than his career avgs across the board. His 3PT shooting was almost 5% better than on his career and his assists were over 1ast more a game, while playing just over 1min more a game than his career avg. Biggest thing was that you could see he did things out of the team flow in the game, especially in the playoffs against Denver I saw this. Ill-advised shots going into multiple defenders, the guy was somewhat out of control. Not what the team needs going forward.

Return to Golden State Warriors