Code: Select all

Game 1 - Sun, May  1 - Portland @ Golden State - 12:30 PM on ABC
Game 2 - Tue, May  3 - Portland @ Golden State -  7:30 PM on TNT
Game 3 - Sat, May  7 - Golden State @ Portland -  5:30 PM on ABC
Game 4 - Mon, May  9 - Golden State @ Portland -  7:30 PM on TNT
Game 5 - Wed, May 11 - Portland @ Golden State -    TBD   on TNT
Game 6 - Fri, May 13 - Golden State @ Portland -    TBD   on ESPN
Game 7 - Mon, May 16 - Portland @ Golden State -  6:00 PM on TNT

I can see this one either being a laugher for the Warriors or being very competitive, not sure what to expect. I'm obviously hoping they sweep and Curry rests until the next round.
tasball
Senior
And1: 57

Re: Western Conference Semi-Finals Thread: Blazers vs Warriors 

Post#2 » by tasball » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:21 am

Hard to judge.Maybe dubs in 5 or 6.

Stotts has coached Bogut and Livingstone so has that insight.

Lilliard and McCollum are a great backcourt and Curry won't be 100%.
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#3 » by DreDay » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:22 am

Portland tries which means they'll be infinitely harder than Houston. Still think we're better though, and will be up 2-0.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#4 » by NBAfan3024 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:35 am

I think warriors in 5 or 6 is likely. Still won't be easy without Steph.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#5 » by HiRez » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:50 am

It'll be interesting but unless we really crap the bed we should win this series. In the playoffs so far, Warriors net rating is +20.9, Portland's is -0.4. I just don't think they'll be able to score on us enough to pose a serious, sustained threat, although they'll probably take a game or two.
prech
Junior
And1: 65

Post#6 » by prech » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:50 am

Dubs DRT of 89 is insane, but HOU offense was terrible.

As HiRez notes, POR's offense has really been struggling. As long as both Klay and Dray don't both have an off game like in game 3 at HOU, I think a 4 game sweep is very reasonable.

None of their small guards will be able to defend Livingston, and maybe even Klay, posting up

If we win the first 2-3 games easily, maybe Steph will just take the whole series off to recover
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#7 » by likashing » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:52 am

Does this mean we need to hear the Paper Clips talk about luck for another year? We've shut up the Rockets forever. I thought we would shut the Clips up forever this season too.

Poor Clips. They are just like Houston last year. Dreaming what could have been if they had a full team. Not seeing the fact they have choked in the playoffs year after year - give up series lead and lose 4 straight playoffs. 3-1 lead last season even.

This season, their 4th quarter scoring margin is negative. But it's not because they are blowing teams out in 3 quarters.

They will never be a true contender. Not in their DNA.

They will dream what could have been. Cry a river about luck. And be up for a rude awakening next season, just like the Rockets this year.

Remember you hear it here first.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#8 » by likashing » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:56 am

Assuming Steph is out for 4 games, Warriors in 7.

I hope our defense is strong enough against their offense.

I hope our Steph-less offense is good enough against their lack of defense.

Unlike others, I think it will be a long series. Without Steph, I think we will go into game 5 tied 2-2.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,765

Post#9 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:14 am

I agree with likashing, let's not underrate Portland.
If we win it's because of defense.
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 804

Post#10 » by SFrush » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:18 am

likashing wrote:Assuming Steph is out for 4 games, Warriors in 7.

I hope our defense is strong enough against their offense.

I hope our Steph-less offense is good enough against their lack of defense.

Unlike others, I think it will be a long series. Without Steph, I think we will go into game 5 tied 2-2.

It's hard for me to picture this series going seven. This Blazer team did not look good closing out a Clipper team without Paul and Griffin.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,751

Post#11 » by Coxy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:24 am

50/50 series, even if Steph returns.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,257

Post#12 » by DusterBuster » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:28 am

Blazer fan here in peace. I suspect you guys have a blowout win Game 1. Game 2 a bit closer but still ultimately winning. Game 3 I think Portland takes at home. Game 4 is anyones guess. Blazers are pretty inconsistent on the road, but usually pretty solid at home.

For those citing Blazers struggles against post-injury Clippers, lets not discount the fact they still have some talent on that team. They also had a great defensive game-plan against Lillard, which was all season long. Lillard had only averaged like 17 or so points per against the Clippers in the season, so they presented matchup problems for him. The Warriors on the other hand, Lillard averages something like 35ppg for the season against them.... sooooo, I suspect we'll be seeing a very different series and not something where you can extrapolate a lot from the last series to this series.

My vote is for the Warriors in 5 or 6. I don't think Curry will have much barring on that either. I suspect that regardless of if he plays or not.

Not really giving Portland much hope, but excited for the series. Warriors v Blazers games have always been entertaining all year. I expect Lillard to be a man on a mission and I suspect the Warriors to be every bit the World Champs that they are.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#13 » by Left*My*Heart » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:06 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:I agree with likashing, let's not underrate Portland.
If we win it's because of defense.

Let's not underrate the great players still playing on this team and if we win a series from now on, it's because of defense, that includes with Curry.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Franc
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#14 » by Franc » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:37 pm

DusterBuster wrote:Blazer fan here in peace. I suspect you guys have a blowout win Game 1. Game 2 a bit closer but still ultimately winning. Game 3 I think Portland takes at home. Game 4 is anyones guess. Blazers are pretty inconsistent on the road, but usually pretty solid at home.

For those citing Blazers struggles against post-injury Clippers, lets not discount the fact they still have some talent on that team. They also had a great defensive game-plan against Lillard, which was all season long. Lillard had only averaged like 17 or so points per against the Clippers in the season, so they presented matchup problems for him. The Warriors on the other hand, Lillard averages something like 35ppg for the season against them.... sooooo, I suspect we'll be seeing a very different series and not something where you can extrapolate a lot from the last series to this series.

My vote is for the Warriors in 5 or 6. I don't think Curry will have much barring on that either. I suspect that regardless of if he plays or not.

Not really giving Portland much hope, but excited for the series. Warriors v Blazers games have always been entertaining all year. I expect Lillard to be a man on a mission and I suspect the Warriors to be every bit the World Champs that they are.

D B if GSW win you can enjoy it as Bogut is Aussie also. But is not use talking who will win, you know the end is not here , until the fat lady sings. May the better team win, I prefer GSW.
When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back.
Franc
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#15 » by Franc » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:38 pm

DusterBuster wrote:Blazer fan here in peace. I suspect you guys have a blowout win Game 1. Game 2 a bit closer but still ultimately winning. Game 3 I think Portland takes at home. Game 4 is anyones guess. Blazers are pretty inconsistent on the road, but usually pretty solid at home.

Sorry double post.
D B if GSW win you can enjoy it as Bogut is Aussie also. But is not use talking who will win, you know the end is not here , until the fat lady sings. May the better team win, I prefer GSW.
When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,257

Post#16 » by DusterBuster » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Franc wrote:

I'm actually not Aussie. Born and raised PDX, just currently living here for at least a little while longer.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#17 » by NBAfan3024 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:45 pm

Weird how we start before cavs start their game 1 when they were through early this week
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#18 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:16 pm

I think our bigger backcourt clamps down and shuts down their smaller backcourt. They might get streaky and win 1-2, just like when Dame went nuclear and scored 50 on us in a win, but I don't realistically seee that happening for four games. Great individual talents, but ultimately too much heroballing and no defense - not great defenders, no rim protectors - to beat us.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#19 » by old rem » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:02 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:I think warriors in 5 or 6 is likely. Still won't be easy without Steph.
Id 5. I like our odds at home. Curry MIGHT play some in game 3. Likely by any game 5. We are on a mission.
CENSORED... No comment.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,438

Post#20 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:04 pm

Sam Lowry Jr wrote:I think our bigger backcourt clamps down and shuts down their smaller backcourt. They might get streaky and win 1-2, just like when Dame went nuclear and scored 50 on us in a win, but I don't realistically seee that happening for four games. Great individual talents, but ultimately too much heroballing and no defense - not great defenders, no rim protectors - to beat us.

The key to Portland series is size of guards....which team wins that match up. In the game they beat us we simply couldn't stay with them. However, I suspect in the slow it down playoffs the smallish guards (see Curry and Monta when they played together) won't be as effective.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors