ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1141 » by Little Digger » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:34 am

Mylie10 wrote:Plus they’re both Jay Wright Villanova guys, so you can trust they’ve been coached well.

Paschall’s game needs a lot of work..he’s great at what he does best..So he’s worth the effort..but man..what the hell were they teaching him at Villanova?
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#1142 » by DAWill1128 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:26 am

Villanovas 4 out 1 in motion offense is similar to what the Warriors run, that’s why the organization was high on Eric, Omari, and now Bey.

At 6-8 with the ability to defend and spot up I almost want to say adding Bey would be like when we added Matt Barnes during that duration.

When I look at our frontcourt and see a Green, Paschall, Looney, and Chriss I think to myself that hopefully Wiggins can hit open 3’s. Just with the way Klay and Steph can dictate strong side attention from the defense it really leaves Wiggins or any small forward open 3’s non-stop. Just think about how many wide open shots Barnes and Iguodala got. The one aspect that no casual fan of other teams is gonna realize is Wiggins can attack the hoop on that wide open swing pass. Iguodala was kinda old towards the end to attack the hoop, though his timing on alley-oops was great. Barnes had a pretty picturesque stroke but was pretty disappointing putting the ball on the deck.

We will definitely have a really tough perimeter trio to stop offensively, but we could use another shooter in the frontcourt. I could see Lee getting a lot of chances at small forward if we can’t get an accurate shooter in the frontcourt backing up. In the finals not having another shooter became an issue.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#1143 » by Commodor » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:56 pm

cdubbz wrote:
Commodor wrote:Seems a lot of rumors in free agency is that GSW is going after ball handlers and big men. MCW, Dwight, Lin.

Would makes sense, they want some vets to anchor the paint and handle the ball.

If that holds it would seem that drafting a wing as the next step.

Base more & Justin Holiday on my cheap wings list.

I'd add Burks, GRIII and *maybe* Jae Crowder to that list.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,829

Post#1144 » by cdubbz » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:32 pm

Commodor wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Commodor wrote:Seems a lot of rumors in free agency is that GSW is going after ball handlers and big men. MCW, Dwight, Lin.

Would makes sense, they want some vets to anchor the paint and handle the ball.

If that holds it would seem that drafting a wing as the next step.

Base more & Justin Holiday on my cheap wings list.

I'd add Burks, GRIII and *maybe* Jae Crowder to that list.

bazemore*

Yeah GRIII would be great and Crowder. Liked Burks getting some more playoff this past season with the sixers even if it was just 4 games.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1145 » by jason bourne » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:19 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:Your base assumption is way off.

Chase Center is absolutely sold out, and the only thing limiting "butts in the seats" in the foreseeable future (at least during a period where Lin would be on the team) is COVID. The Warriors will be the hottest ticket in town, with or without Lin, as long as Curry, Klay, and Draymond are on the team and they're winning.

And you really don't have to lecture a guy who has worked in technology, in Silicon Valley, since 1994, about what it's like, and the Asian influence. Hell, the first time I saw a newspaper with a headline about Linsanity (when he broke out with the Knicks), I was in a Starbucks in Shanghai (for work). But what the Warriors needed in 2010-2011 (before they were good and winning brought in the bigger money) is very different than what exists in 2020.

I didn't think Chase was sold out reading Forbes.

If sold out, then the Warriors should have the money to use their TPE and to get a primo free agent and not be worried about lux taxes for next season. They're getting a free $35 K loan for 30 yrs as membership fee for the primo seats. That doesn't include the season ticket price for the seat.

They can do better than Jeremy Lin then. I'd go for one of the primo free agents!!!

The TPE can only be used in a trade, and as has been explained in many, many threads, the Warriors effectively can’t participate in a sign-and-trade because it would subject them to the hard cap, which they couldn’t get under without trading 2 of Curry, Klay, Draymond, or Wiggins, and taking virtually no salary back.

So the biggest vehicle the Warriors have to get free agents is the MLE. What primo free agent would you target for that?

And because of the penalties for being way into the tax, the Warriors spending will pay way more than 1:1 in penalties - realistically, I think that if they use the full $17M in the TPE, it will actually cost them $50M+. So the question they’ll be asking themselves is “is acquiring this player(s) worth the 2-3x of their salary that it will actually cost me?” If it was just $17M, that’s probably an easy “yes” - but when we think of the “bridge” deals (i.e. taking in James Johnson for $16M, hoping that later you can trade him in a package for a player such as Myles Turner or Aaron Gordon, who don’t quite fit into the TPE), that’s a lot of dollars at risk for an unknown. That’s why it’s more likely that they may use part of the TPE than all of it - because there isn’t an obvious single player out there making $17M who is worth that $50M price tag.

Well, the TPE never was a sure thing as most of the time it doesn't get used and expires. However, I think the TPE can be used to get an expiring contract that can be traded. Another player besides JJ like that would be Rudy Gay who can help fill a hole, too. Maybe he still has something to contribute.

If the TPE can't be used in trade, then the best course is to trade Wiggins for impact pieces or piece needed. To me, that would mean trading Wiggins + #2 draft pick + other players + 2021 Minny pick. While I wouldn't want to trade the 2021 Minny pick, many of the deals being proposed by the media would probably have to include the pick.

What makes it difficult in going for these impact players or player is what happens if Giannis becomes available? It would depend on what the Warriors still had to offer. It may mean whoever the Ws draft at #2 pick is part of the deal and it would be nice to have the Minny pick for that situation.

I still like the Myles Turner + TJ Warren deal. Who the Pacers seem to be offering is Victor Oladipo tho.

Another impact big rumored to be available is Rudy Gobert. If the Ws can land him, then I wouldn't mind having Rudy Gay as starting SF. I'm not sure who else the Ws can get from some of these rumored impact players as it will likely be just one -- https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/10/27/nba-rumors-20-players-most-likely-to-be-traded-this-offseason/.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#1146 » by Little Digger » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:32 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1147 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:51 pm

Yikes
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#1148 » by Little Digger » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:20 pm

Rondo ?

Rubio ?
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#1149 » by BW32 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:45 pm

Little Digger wrote:Rondo ?

Rubio ?

Rubio is not a FA.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#1150 » by Onus » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:21 pm

If we draft wiseman I think I want harkless
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,911

Post#1151 » by whatisacenter » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:26 pm

Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth! I can't believe Henson and Solomon Hill are still in league
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#1152 » by TB » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:38 pm

Onus wrote:If we draft wiseman I think I want harkless

Harkless would be a nice wing off the bench. Played really well for Portland and short stint on Clippers.

I'd have no problem with him as the MLE player if the bigger fish can't be caught.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,264

Post#1153 » by Onus » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:45 pm

TB wrote:

Harkless would be a nice wing off the bench. Played really well for Portland and short stint on Clippers.

I'd have no problem with him as the MLE player if the bigger fish can't be caught.

Yea I just don’t think crowder will be available. Maybe Gallo but he’s have to take a massive pay cut.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#1154 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:48 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth! I can't believe Henson and Solomon Hill are still in league

Henson isn't as bad as you'd think. I watched most of his Bucks career when I was in college on the East Coast and it was easier for me to watch Milwaukee than it was the Warriors. He's a bit of a twig, but he's fairly agile, not a total disaster defending out on the perimeter, and he's a solid shot blocker. In his short stint under Bud, he was bombing 3's at 35% on 6 attempts per 36 mins and looked good doing so. He'd be a fine pickup at the vet minimum, just probably not for this team, which needs more bulk than Henson can provide.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,150

Post#1155 » by TB » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:49 pm

Onus wrote:
TB wrote:

Yea I just don’t think crowder will be available. Maybe Gallo but he’s have to take a massive pay cut.

Agreed. Harkless feels like one of the better "realistic" scenarios.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#1156 » by Coxy » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:17 pm

TB wrote:
Onus wrote:
TB wrote:

Agreed. Harkless feels like one of the better "realistic" scenarios.

Harkless would be a hugely underwhleming signing. I've never been impressed by the guy, he just doesn't do anything above average. He's a poor man's Crowder. No thanks for the MLE. He'd just be competing with Lee and Mulder for minutes.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#1157 » by whatisacenter » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:25 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Little Digger wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Henson isn't as bad as you'd think. I watched most of his Bucks career when I was in college on the East Coast and it was easier for me to watch Milwaukee than it was the Warriors. He's a bit of a twig, but he's fairly agile, not a total disaster defending out on the perimeter, and he's a solid shot blocker. In his short stint under Bud, he was bombing 3's at 35% on 6 attempts per 36 mins and looked good doing so. He'd be a fine pickup at the vet minimum, just probably not for this team, which needs more bulk than Henson can provide.

right on, I might have been a bit harsh but I feel like our offseason C needs to be a 7' legit sized center to go with Chriss and Looney.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#1158 » by Coxy » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:33 pm

Would any of you lesbians be interested in Bismack Biyombo as a FA signing IF Wiseman gets taken at #1, and we take a wing/guard? He has legit size and bulk, and a commitee of Biyombo, Looney, Chriss and Green gives Kerr differen't stuff to work with at the 5. He's UFA.
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#1159 » by whatisacenter » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:42 pm

Coxy wrote:Would any of you lesbians be interested in Bismack Biyombo as a FA signing IF Wiseman gets taken at #1, and we take a wing/guard? He has legit size and bulk, and a commitee of Biyombo, Looney, Chriss and Green gives Kerr differen't stuff to work with at the 5. He's UFA.

ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#1160 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:52 pm

Coxy wrote:Would any of you lesbians be interested in Bismack Biyombo as a FA signing IF Wiseman gets taken at #1, and we take a wing/guard? He has legit size and bulk, and a commitee of Biyombo, Looney, Chriss and Green gives Kerr differen't stuff to work with at the 5. He's UFA.

That would be a no. Sorry. Zero offensive capability whatsoever, and not really that good at defense either.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?

Return to Golden State Warriors