ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,296
And1: 1,880
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1481 » by cdubbz » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:13 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I’m all for waiting until buy outs with this thing, unless a team makes a player that makes really good sense for us becomes available.


Yeah. Hopefully the Warriors show were a contender and buyout players want to help.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
User avatar
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 6,922
And1: 232
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1482 » by TB » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:07 pm

If i had to guess, we are hoping Wanamaker can settle the 2nd unit enough to survive, but if we are in need of some 2nd unit pop, D Rose is the target. I wouldn't doubt if they already spoke to Detroit about him, and they aren't ready to move him yet. If Detroit is struggling, which they will, I sense he will be the guy we are after unless Wanamaker/Poole are out performing expectations.

The other reason for Rose is that we lose all of our offensive firepower and playmaking if Curry has to rest or miss games with injuries. I see Rose as the backup plan for that as well heading down the stretch.
Little Digger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,837
And1: 2,702
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
 

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1483 » by Little Digger » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:49 pm

We need perimeter shooting desperately ..I don’t see Rose fitting in very well here..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
User avatar
whatisacenter
Analyst
Posts: 3,334
And1: 4,489
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1484 » by whatisacenter » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:01 pm

IMO the two best players on expiring contracts are DRose and the Tuck wagon. I think the warriors still need a guard who can create and run the offense when Curry is on the bench and when he needs a game off. I would go with Rose and hope he shoots better in an empty gym like LeBron and Rondo did in the bubble.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,314
And1: 9,278
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1485 » by Mylie10 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:17 am

I want Tucker or Lou Williams at this point. And I apologize because this is the free agent thread.

But those two are guys who would help us be better for this season.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,539
And1: 353
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1486 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:44 am

Little Digger wrote:We need perimeter shooting desperately ..I don’t see Rose fitting in very well here..


I assume you don't mean perimeter shooting because the Warriors have several players who can hit above the mendoza line from 3. You mean elite perimeter shooting. What is good enough? 40% on 5 attempts per game? 42%? 44%?
mos_def
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,561
And1: 218
Joined: Jan 30, 2006
     

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1487 » by mos_def » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:44 pm

Mylie10 wrote:I want Tucker or Lou Williams at this point. And I apologize because this is the free agent thread.

But those two are guys who would help us be better for this season.


I like those two too, but Batum is about to be cut.
ChuckDurn
Analyst
Posts: 3,210
And1: 498
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1488 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:22 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Little Digger wrote:We need perimeter shooting desperately ..I don’t see Rose fitting in very well here..


I assume you don't mean perimeter shooting because the Warriors have several players who can hit above the mendoza line from 3. You mean elite perimeter shooting. What is good enough? 40% on 5 attempts per game? 42%? 44%?

Curry and Wanamaker are the only two who hit above league average last year. I’d like to hope that Oubre and/or Wiggins can get above league average (which was only 35.8%), even though neither ever has. Draymond? Nah. Lee? Maybe, he was close. Mulder? Maybe, but if he gets much playing time, that means something went wrong this year.

Aside from Curry, we have zero GOOD shooters on the team, at least among players that we would expect to get more than garbage time minutes.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Scoots1994
Veteran
Posts: 2,539
And1: 353
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1489 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:34 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Little Digger wrote:We need perimeter shooting desperately ..I don’t see Rose fitting in very well here..


I assume you don't mean perimeter shooting because the Warriors have several players who can hit above the mendoza line from 3. You mean elite perimeter shooting. What is good enough? 40% on 5 attempts per game? 42%? 44%?

Curry and Wanamaker are the only two who hit above league average last year. I’d like to hope that Oubre and/or Wiggins can get above league average (which was only 35.8%), even though neither ever has. Draymond? Nah. Lee? Maybe, he was close. Mulder? Maybe, but if he gets much playing time, that means something went wrong this year.

Aside from Curry, we have zero GOOD shooters on the team, at least among players that we would expect to get more than garbage time minutes.


If .358 is the goal there are 6 players currently on the Warriors who can reasonably get there in Curry, Wanamaker, Lee, Mulder, Wiggins, and Oubre. And Poole and Paschall could reasonably get there too, both improved significantly down the stretch. Paschall re-making his shooting stroke could make a big difference or I suppose his shot could fall apart because it's been messed with.

But yes, there is only 1 good 3 point shooter on the roster, but few teams have 2 big minute elite shooters ... we've just been spoiled. :)
User avatar
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
Posts: 33,625
And1: 1,129
Joined: Jun 28, 2005

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1490 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:08 pm

Little Digger wrote:We need perimeter shooting desperately ..I don’t see Rose fitting in very well here..


Korver is still out there isn’t he? Potential future front office piece as well
rcfc1 wrote:Do you even law, bro?
ChuckDurn
Analyst
Posts: 3,210
And1: 498
Joined: May 13, 2011

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1491 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:38 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
I assume you don't mean perimeter shooting because the Warriors have several players who can hit above the mendoza line from 3. You mean elite perimeter shooting. What is good enough? 40% on 5 attempts per game? 42%? 44%?

Curry and Wanamaker are the only two who hit above league average last year. I’d like to hope that Oubre and/or Wiggins can get above league average (which was only 35.8%), even though neither ever has. Draymond? Nah. Lee? Maybe, he was close. Mulder? Maybe, but if he gets much playing time, that means something went wrong this year.

Aside from Curry, we have zero GOOD shooters on the team, at least among players that we would expect to get more than garbage time minutes.


If .358 is the goal there are 6 players currently on the Warriors who can reasonably get there in Curry, Wanamaker, Lee, Mulder, Wiggins, and Oubre. And Poole and Paschall could reasonably get there too, both improved significantly down the stretch. Paschall re-making his shooting stroke could make a big difference or I suppose his shot could fall apart because it's been messed with.

But yes, there is only 1 good 3 point shooter on the roster, but few teams have 2 big minute elite shooters ... we've just been spoiled. :)

True, few teams don’t have 2 big-minute elite shooters..... but about the only team that can compete with such poor overall long-range shooting is the Lakers, who have the cyborg known as Lebron driving the show. League average is just average. To me, “good” is probably at least 38-39%, on decent volume.

Believe me, I’d love to see a couple of these guys bump up their percentages, but I think we have to acknowledge that shooting and spacing could be a problem - particularly in every minute that Curry is off the floor, which probably will be about 14 minutes/game - because we don’t have any other shooters that will scare people.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
ILOVEIT
RealGM
Posts: 11,531
And1: 2,222
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1492 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:26 am

Batum to Clippers.

Another miss by Warriors? I think it comes down to Jerry West....

Batum would have been a nice fit for the Warriors....

Objectively speaking....they are not, aside from the Oubre move, they are not winning the FA battle with Lakers and Clippers.
Looking forward to 2073....bye bye pouting moody Durant...hello again the 73 win style of hoops!
xdrta+
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,287
And1: 2,963
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1493 » by xdrta+ » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:54 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Batum to Clippers.

Another miss by Warriors? I think it comes down to Jerry West....

Batum would have been a nice fit for the Warriors....

Objectively speaking....they are not, aside from the Oubre move, they are not winning the FA battle with Lakers and Clippers.


Anyone who's watched him knows that Batum is cooked. I doubt he lasts the season with the Clippers. Glad the Warriors didn't fall for his hype.
killmongrel
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,611
And1: 716
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1494 » by killmongrel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:57 am

Other than Dedmon and GR3, any other free agents that are remotely worth talking about. I'm sure the Warriors are set though.
User avatar
whatisacenter
Analyst
Posts: 3,334
And1: 4,489
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1495 » by whatisacenter » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:53 am

one of the only FA's that I was interested in...I wonder what he signed for?
Read on Twitter
killmongrel
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,611
And1: 716
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1496 » by killmongrel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:07 am

whatisacenter wrote:one of the only FA's that I was interested in...I wonder what he signed for?
Read on Twitter


I hope it was for more than the vet. minimum. A lot of contenders were kind of looking at him too. I know that the 76ers actually liked him didn't they? But he decides to go to a middling team.
User avatar
Onus
General Manager
Posts: 9,003
And1: 1,649
Joined: May 12, 2008
Location: NOA

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1497 » by Onus » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:14 am

killmongrel wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:one of the only FA's that I was interested in...I wonder what he signed for?
Read on Twitter


I hope it was for more than the vet. minimum. A lot of contenders were kind of looking at him too. I know that the 76ers actually liked him didn't they? But he decides to go to a middling team.

Probably looking for more of an opportunity to showcase himself. He just got buried on the sixers team.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
killmongrel
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,611
And1: 716
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1498 » by killmongrel » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:19 am

Onus wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:one of the only FA's that I was interested in...I wonder what he signed for?
Read on Twitter


I hope it was for more than the vet. minimum. A lot of contenders were kind of looking at him too. I know that the 76ers actually liked him didn't they? But he decides to go to a middling team.

Probably looking for more of an opportunity to showcase himself. He just got buried on the sixers team.
Will he get minutes there? I'm so out of tune when it comes to who is on their roster.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Starter
Posts: 2,433
And1: 241
Joined: Jul 14, 2006

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1499 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:47 am

GR3 going to Kings.
Batum reportedly going to Clippers.

Guess we’ll roll with G-leaguers for non-guaranteed contracts aka setup for a lost season. But I’m sure they’ll look into using their MLE or DPE later.. unless their season is all but lost.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,314
And1: 9,278
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1500 » by Mylie10 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:07 am

Yeah based on the huge cost they are probably gonna ride it out until the trade deadline, but outs, or another team who decides to shut it down and tank, and clear salary
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors