Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#361 » by donkeylips » Thu May 31, 2018 6:43 am

IF looney and McGee are willing to resign for cheap, id keep them
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
StroShow6
Sophomore
And1: 98

Post#362 » by StroShow6 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:45 am

SFrush wrote:
StroShow6 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Gotta convince Brook Lopez to sign with us for the minimum

this is not completely out of the picture, he's made a lot of money and he's gotta be tired of losing. And it just so happens the warriors will likely have a spot open at center...

I'm not that high on Lopez. The defense and rebounding is subpar.

for sure, I'm not exactly pushing him for him at all stops but if he comes for the minimum that's a great deal.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#363 » by Phase 3 » Tue Jun 5, 2018 5:36 am

Isn’t Marco Belinelli a free agent? He seems like a decent option with the taxpayer mle. I wonder if Nerlens Noel would be interested in a small deal to try and rebuild his value.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#364 » by BW32 » Tue Jun 5, 2018 5:41 am

gsw213 wrote:Isn’t Marco Belinelli a free agent? He seems like a decent option with the taxpayer mle. I wonder if Nerlens Noel would be interested in a small deal to try and rebuild his value.

Alot of what the role players will get is determined by the stars. For example Cavs and OKC both have a max FA but if they go to another team neither team clears max caproom so in the event they both leave money dries up big time for the remaining players. All of that has a trickle down effect on who might be more or less open to taking the tax payer MLE or even a minimum salary.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#365 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Jun 9, 2018 2:20 am

For the draft, do you think we need someone to replace an aging Iggy? He's proven to be vital to the team's success through his intangibles. How about we look into Troy Brown of Oregon? He's been compared to Iggy that he can play at an elite level defense (potential), has the handles to play both PG, SG, & SF, a playmaker, and possesses a good knowledge and feel for the game. Iggy can take him in and groom him to be the next best swiss-army knife of a player.
xfactor99
Junior
And1: 397

Post#366 » by xfactor99 » Sat Jun 9, 2018 2:42 pm

if it was that easy to find a new iguodala 29 other teams would have done it, you shouldn't expect to get anyone anywhere near as good with the range at where we're picking

I like Brown too but he's like anyone else at that point in the draft - get an athlete and hope he learns how to shoot. No guarantees
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#367 » by and1GS » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:08 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:For the draft, do you think we need someone to replace an aging Iggy? He's proven to be vital to the team's success through his intangibles. How about we look into Troy Brown of Oregon? He's been compared to Iggy that he can play at an elite level defense (potential), has the handles to play both PG, SG, & SF, a playmaker, and possesses a good knowledge and feel for the game. Iggy can take him in and groom him to be the next best swiss-army knife of a player.

I think we need to keep searching for an Iggy replacement, ya. McCaw had a lot of hype around him early on to fit that mold, but that isn't looking super likely anymore.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#368 » by laika » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:24 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:For the draft, do you think we need someone to replace an aging Iggy? He's proven to be vital to the team's success through his intangibles. How about we look into Troy Brown of Oregon? He's been compared to Iggy that he can play at an elite level defense (potential), has the handles to play both PG, SG, & SF, a playmaker, and possesses a good knowledge and feel for the game. Iggy can take him in and groom him to be the next best swiss-army knife of a player.

Curry/Cook
Thompson/Livingston
Durant/Iguodala
Green/Bell/Boucher
McGee/Looney/Jones

My depth chart right now. The Warriors have 4 or 5 players that can play C. Same with PF. Unless there is an incredible steal we should be completely focused on adding more PG/SG/SFs. Cook might not be the answer at backup PG, but has shown enough that SG/SF should be the highest priority for the remaining 3 roster spots. At least one of those needs to be a shooter. Only Curry, Durant, Thompson and Cook can shoot.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,180

Post#369 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:55 pm

I really wanted Joe Harris at one point but he gained a lot of steam towards the end of the year and I think he'll legit get 12-15mil this off-season so he's probably off the table for us.

Depth at SG in FA is pretty bad otherwise. Maybe we can bring back Belinelli.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#370 » by and1GS » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:30 pm

**** that shooting depth is dire. Needs to be a focus in the offseason. Marco, Arron and Danny Green seem like the best options, but I'm sure I'm missing someone.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#371 » by BW32 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:17 pm

Danny Green has an 10 mil option, he should just take the money like Lou did people are not gonna get paid this offseason.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,825

Post#372 » by giberish » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:32 pm

and1GS wrote:**** that shooting depth is dire. Needs to be a focus in the offseason. Marco, Arron and Danny Green seem like the best options, but I'm sure I'm missing someone.

Afflalo's sub-replacement level. He's been horrible for a few years (and marginal with bad defense many years before that).

I don't see Green opting out of $10M to play for what GS can offer.

Marco's a better option, but might get priced out of GS's market.

I think this is going to be a test of whether the FO can find a non-obvious player or two that can help. The G-League guy or someone else who's slipped through the cracks. The obvious guys will either get paid more then GS's market, or else are horrible and not useful at all (like Afflalo or Crawford).
and1GS
RealGM

Post#373 » by and1GS » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:31 am

giberish wrote:
and1GS wrote:**** that shooting depth is dire. Needs to be a focus in the offseason. Marco, Arron and Danny Green seem like the best options, but I'm sure I'm missing someone.

Afflalo's sub-replacement level. He's been horrible for a few years (and marginal with bad defense many years before that).

I think this is going to be a test of whether the FO can find a non-obvious player or two that can help. The G-League guy or someone else who's slipped through the cracks. The obvious guys will either get paid more then GS's market, or else are horrible and not useful at all (like Afflalo or Crawford).

Ugh ya not many options, and wasn't aware that Danny would have to opt out. Marco, Seth Curry and Jamal Crawford seem to be the only realistic options and I'm not thrilled with any of them, but have always liked Marco dating back to his warrior days. He could end up being really good for us.

I know people aren't super high on him, but retaining Nick and supplementing with one of these guys (like we tried with Omri) might be the best option.

Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#374 » by Ray_Dogg » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:21 pm

Tyreke Evans.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#375 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 pm

I think we are getting our PG/SG/SF - Wing in the draft.

A very low cost, potentially is Michael Beasley. The guys does a lot of good things and could really legitimize our bench scoring. He's not the headcase he used to be, and you can go back several years and look at his per minute contributions, which are really good.

If there's a chance, Tyreke Evans is a home run, but someone is going to pay him most likely.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
giberish
RealGM

Post#376 » by giberish » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:00 pm

and1GS wrote:
giberish wrote:

Ugh ya not many options, and wasn't aware that Danny would have to opt out. Marco, Seth Curry and Jamal Crawford seem to be the only realistic options and I'm not thrilled with any of them, but have always liked Marco dating back to his warrior days. He could end up being really good for us.

I know people aren't super high on him, but retaining Nick and supplementing with one of these guys (like we tried with Omri) might be the best option.

Jamal Crawford is horrible. He's declined to the point where he doesn't really help on offense while being a 40 yo Jamal Crawford on defense.

Seth, Marco or even just resigning Nick would be perhaps best-case scenarios. Hitting on #28 would be a big win (ideally the older guy who falls because he's not a 1 and done guy but who can contribute right away).
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,353

Post#377 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:33 pm

James Ennis held his opponents to 28.9% from behind the arc.

He's a 27 year old (almost 28) wing that can hit open 3's, throw it down, and make good decisions.

cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
giberish
RealGM

Post#378 » by giberish » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:21 pm

GS offseason reunion tour.

Draft a wing at #28 (Brooks? Heurter?)

Sign Marco for tax MLE. Sign Wright, Udoh (if waived by Utah), Randoph, Fyre to vet min deals. (I guess you could sign Mo Speights instead of Fyre for a stretch-5 option for a full effect).
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,801

Post#379 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:56 am

How about a Nerlens Noel reclamation project? Sign him to a 1 year veterans minimum contract and let him rebuild his reputation while helping the Warriors win another title.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,193

Post#380 » by Kampuchea » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:42 pm

You should look at Kyle O-Quinn for your PF/Center minutes.

He will opt out of contract with NY today. he can rebound and get a few blocks but he is an excellent passer which I think would fit well with GSW shooters. I think GSW would be perfect for him with his passing for a big man, I would want him over Noel.

I would like NY to keep him honestly, but he is better suited with a contender not a rebuild.

Return to Golden State Warriors