ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#381 » by marthafokker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:02 pm

whatisacenter wrote:How about a Nerlens Noel reclamation project? Sign him to a 1 year veterans minimum contract and let him rebuild his reputation while helping the Warriors win another title.

Should make that 2. OJ Mayo might still be better than almost most bench warmers for the price.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#382 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:24 pm

I'm a big fan and still a believer in what Noel can bring to the table for an NBA team. He would be a great situational big to have in the fold IMO. He would thrive with Ron Adams coaching him up defensively methinks.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#383 » by BW32 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Noel has real talent but he comes off as kinda bitchy and not worth the trouble, also he comes with Rich Paul so there's that. He just seems like the guy you'd hear complain about playing time in the middle of a 12 game winning streak.

I'm on board for Mayo tho reading his comments I think he knows he's gotta do everything right and he's still not old so he could have a Javale type change of image.

Also Gay opted out, it's either gotta be to go join a legit contender or to get a raise from a trash team, could be in play if it's the former.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#384 » by FNQ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:34 pm

#1A+ option: JJ Redick

If he doesnt sign, lets go dumpster diving. Marco Belinelli, Ersan Ilyasova, Wayne Ellington, Doug McDermott
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#385 » by FNQ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:37 pm

whatisacenter wrote:How about a Nerlens Noel reclamation project? Sign him to a 1 year veterans minimum contract and let him rebuild his reputation while helping the Warriors win another title.

I'm not a fan of this for a couple reasons

- had a great opportunity in PHI being paired with Okafor, who sucked out loud. Did little with it.
- had a great opportunity in DAL with no one in his way, and he still lost his job

There's something wrong with the kid. Its not like McGee who you can harness into 5-10min of solid ball.. I think there's an attitude/sense of entitlement and that will not play well here.

For a barometer, I'd be 110% on board with bringing back Mo Speights before he signs in China over Noel.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#386 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:44 pm

Tyreke
Avery Bradley
Ariza
Reddick
Barton

Are all guys I'd love to add for different reasons.

More realistic is Michael Beasley for me. 21 and 9 per 36 with 40% from 3 the last 2 seasons. Friends with KD.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#387 » by likashing » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Noel has a personality problem. Don’t want.

McGee was a different case where Iguodala vouched for him knowing McGee wasn’t an ass.

We can’t have Noel and his agent whining about contract and playing time and who else got what $. His game is not worth the trouble.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#388 » by FNQ » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:50 pm

EKPE UDOH.

He might be a FA and good lord do we owe him. Him being traded set off all these events that got us here today.

And as I said then, i say it now - I take Udoh over Greg Monroe every day of the week. The Monroe's of the world are being phased out.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#389 » by likashing » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:44 pm

I don't mind Mo Buckets coming back either. He can be a stretch 5 which we have never had the last 2 seasons (when he was with us he wasn't chucking 3s like he has been the last 2 seasons). One doubt is he probably isn't as hungry as other ring chasers as he already got one with us. Hungry vets are more focused through a long season and don't whine on minutes. Mo getting in and out of shape for no reason doesn't show he has a laser focus like other vets e.g. Shaun/West etc.

But of course, beggars can't be choosers, for min contracts I don't think we can do much better. We need a good mix of bigs and Mo fits a need when we have no guarantee except Bell and Jones coming back.

We need bench 3s and I trust Mo's chucking since even Swaggy's didn't work out.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#390 » by likashing » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:43 pm

Kyle O'Quinn wants to join the Warriors
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#391 » by GswStorm3 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:51 pm

likashing wrote:Noel has a personality problem. Don’t want.

McGee was a different case where Iguodala vouched for him knowing McGee wasn’t an ass.

We can’t have Noel and his agent whining about contract and playing time and who else got what $. His game is not worth the trouble.

Neither do I. I think he's lazy and entitled.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#392 » by likashing » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:26 pm

Dwight trying to get a buy-out too. If both Dwight and O'Quinn want to join for the MLE, who do you want?
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#393 » by Commodor » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:41 pm

likashing wrote:Dwight trying to get a buy-out too. If both Dwight and O'Quinn want to join for the MLE, who do you want?

First i'd love McGee back before either. We know how he fits in and that he is liked in the locker room.

But gotta say, if we can reclaim Swaggy and McGee into playable players in the playoffs, why not Dwight? He still puts up solid stats. As long as he accepts a rim-runner role for the min. i vote let's give him a try.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#394 » by likashing » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:38 pm

ivang101 wrote:
likashing wrote:Dwight trying to get a buy-out too. If both Dwight and O'Quinn want to join for the MLE, who do you want?

First i'd love McGee back before either. We know how he fits in and that he is liked in the locker room.

But gotta say, if we can reclaim Swaggy and McGee into playable players in the playoffs, why not Dwight? He still puts up solid stats. As long as he accepts a rim-runner role for the min. i vote let's give him a try.

100% agree on McGee. We started him in the Finals and swept LeBron. He showed he could switch and defend the perimeter somewhat. Not to the degree that he could switch and defend against the Rockets, but against the Cavs he was fine. Having size and being able to switch and defend on an island is an important quality to play center for us in the playoffs. We already have that in McGee.

Howard is great but in the playoffs I won't be surprised if he can't play in 2 of 4 series due to matchup. He has been durable the last 2-3 seasons averaging 30 min. He can be our regular season grinding C playing more minutes than Zaza.

O'Quinn intrigues with his passing at 5. I can envision him doing these hand-offs at the elbow, and can take 1 dribble and attack the basket if his defender slacks off helping on our cutters. Zaza could only shoot a jumper, but O'Quinn could take that dribble and attack. He seems to play with more IQ than Howard and McGee.

If I could get 2 of 3 among this group, McGee will definitely be chosen.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#395 » by Commodor » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:52 pm

likashing wrote:
ivang101 wrote:

100% agree on McGee. We started him in the Finals and swept LeBron. He showed he could switch and defend the perimeter somewhat. Not to the degree that he could switch and defend against the Rockets, but against the Cavs he was fine. Having size and being able to switch and defend on an island is an important quality to play center for us in the playoffs. We already have that in McGee.

Howard is great but in the playoffs I won't be surprised if he can't play in 2 of 4 series due to matchup. He has been durable the last 2-3 seasons averaging 30 min. He can be our regular season grinding C playing more minutes than Zaza.

O'Quinn intrigues with his passing at 5. I can envision him doing these hand-offs at the elbow, and can take 1 dribble and attack the basket if his defender slacks off helping on our cutters. Zaza could only shoot a jumper, but O'Quinn could take that dribble and attack. He seems to play with more IQ than Howard and McGee.

I like O'Quinn but that guy will be looking for a payday. Dwight has made plenty throughout his career between contracts and endorsements.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-knicks/kyle-oquinn-10874/cash-earnings/
O'Quinn ~$14m career earnings

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/brooklyn-nets/dwight-howard-2640/cash-earnings/
Howard ~$210m career earnings

I'm pretty sure we can cross O'quinn off our list. Unless the rest of the league doesnt offer him anything. In which case we should probably cross him off our list.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#396 » by likashing » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:31 pm

ivang101 wrote:
likashing wrote:
ivang101 wrote:

I like O'Quinn but that guy will be looking for a payday. Dwight has made plenty throughout his career between contracts and endorsements.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-knicks/kyle-oquinn-10874/cash-earnings/
O'Quinn ~$14m career earnings

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/brooklyn-nets/dwight-howard-2640/cash-earnings/
Howard ~$210m career earnings

I'm pretty sure we can cross O'quinn off our list. Unless the rest of the league doesnt offer him anything. In which case we should probably cross him off our list.

Yes, you never know. O'quinn says he wants to join us. If he says so, maybe the MLE is enough. If he doesn't want to join, it makes things easier. Fewer choices for us.

Howard has made a lot. He sounds like he doesn't want to be under the microscope and doesn't want people to nit-pick on him, and win. He can win with us, but I don't think he will get out of the microscope, even if he has KD and Draymond ahead of him from being BS'd on. He can look at McGee though, from Shaqtin' A Fool to 2-time champ. No one talks **** about McGee anymore. Howard sounds like he has thin skin.

Also, I think it looks bad if we give O'quinn the MLE and then tell McGee to take-it-or-leave-it a min contract again this summer, given McGee's tenure and achievement with us. If we give Dwight the MLE, it looks less bad, because Dwight is more of a star and he is actually taking a pay-cut if at MLE.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#397 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:28 pm

To pay the full MLE it wil cost 3.75 x 5.1mil....So roughly 20 million dollars to use the full MLE. That's a lot of coin for one guy. I think they prefer to split it up into 2 players.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#398 » by Phase 3 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Taxpayer mle pipe dreams: Tyreke Evans, JJ Redick, Rudy Gay, Will Barton, Avery Bradley....realistic taxpayer mle options: Marco Belinelli, Joe Harris, Wayne Ellington....Dwight Howard, Kyle O’Quinn if you want a center. Any guys you want the Warriors to look into?
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#399 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:19 am

I think Avery Bradley would be a great signing for the MLE. He was quite bad in Detroit (if he wasn't we couldn't afford him), but we know in the right system he's a very useful role player and Warriors have a system where he could fit as well as he did in Boston. Having an All-NBA defender in the backcourt would help so much in playoffs match-up and could help both Klay and Steph.

I'd stay away from Dwight because we have enough talent, the biggest risk is to create tension in the locker room. For the role he would play I'd rather have someone like Javale who is liked by other players and knows his role.

The same could be said for Noel, but given his age and career, I think he could be more willing to be a good act to rebuild his credibility and earn a decent contract in the next season.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#400 » by Quazza » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Bradley would be amazing. Great defender (probably guards Steph better than anyone I've seen )
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment

Return to Golden State Warriors