ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#521 » by Impuniti » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:20 pm

wco81 wrote:Sounded like Javale opted to sign with someone else than stay here.

Probably felt disrespected by Kerr.

Didn't he give an interview saying that he can imagine staying at the Bay for a long time?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#522 » by wco81 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:09 pm

A couple of potential buyout options, though probably low odds:

Vucevic and Ross from the Magic.

Though Magic are still playing well, 9-9 and #8 in the East. They just lost a 2-point game to the Raptors last night.

But I recall that they started out well last season and ended up with only 25 wins.

Even if they fall off a cliff, they're probably going to be able to get something for Vucevic in a trade rather than buying him out.

Certainly they could give more minutes to Bamba and Issacs if they fall out of contention, rather than playing Vucevic and Ross a lot. You wouldn't think the Magic would re-sign either of these players given the younger high draft picks they have on the roster, unless they make the playoffs and make some noise.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,893

Post#523 » by Samurai » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:18 pm

Again, JaVale "opted" to sign with someone else because the Dubs did not make him an offer. What else was JaVale supposed to do? Play here for free? Retire? Neither option makes any sense whatsoever. If he didn't get an offer from us, and he didn't because we made a calculated decision to ride the younger bigs and keep the roster spot for a wing, then he had no choice other than to sign with someone else. Not exactly fair to say he "opted" to sign elsewhere if he had no option to stay here without an offer.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#524 » by Mylie10 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:29 am

Samurai wrote:

Again, JaVale "opted" to sign with someone else because the Dubs did not make him an offer. What else was JaVale supposed to do? Play here for free? Retire? Neither option makes any sense whatsoever. If he didn't get an offer from us, and he didn't because we made a calculated decision to ride the younger bigs and keep the roster spot for a wing, then he had no choice other than to sign with someone else. Not exactly fair to say he "opted" to sign elsewhere if he had no option to stay here without an offer.

Last year the Warriors signed him very late after most of free agency played out. He had an opportunity to find another deal he liked and he didn't find one. So then the Warriors signed him to the vet min.

This off season was playing out the same way, but voila!! Javale got an offer from the Lakers. And I believe Javale lives in LA anyhow, so it's not a stretch that he was happy to play for the Lakers for various reasons.....I doubt animosity towards the Warriors or from them, had anything to do with it.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,893

Post#525 » by Samurai » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:34 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Samurai wrote:

Last year the Warriors signed him very late after most of free agency played out. He had an opportunity to find another deal he liked and he didn't find one. So then the Warriors signed him to the vet min.

This off season was playing out the same way, but voila!! Javale got an offer from the Lakers. And I believe Javale lives in LA anyhow, so it's not a stretch that he was happy to play for the Lakers for various reasons.....I doubt animosity towards the Warriors or from them, had anything to do with it.

According to Monte Poole, JaVale suspected that he wouldn't be back this year. Poole said that JaVale knew the Dubs were edging toward a future that would feature Bell and Jones instead of him. So when we didn't make him an offer, he was smart to sign a deal with the Lakers instead of being on the outside looking in. And it is certainly looking like JaVale got the better end of the deal than what Jones has shown us thus far this year. I said at that time that I wished we had re-signed JaVale and I have seen nothing so far to change my opinion.
wco81
RealGM

Post#526 » by wco81 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:45 am

Bell and Jones are garbage right now.

In addition to Javale, even Zaza would provide more resistance to someone like Adams.

Looney is the only one playable against OKC tonight. Jones has the size to try to match up but Adams is getting offensive rebounds and layups.

Jones low rebounding rate makes him useless against Adams.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#527 » by BW32 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:26 am

Well to be fair they did spend their only exception on a legit big he just can't play yet.
wco81
RealGM

Post#528 » by wco81 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:41 am

I wonder whom they’d have signed if Boogie didn’t call up.

Cousins was going to be a luxury but now probably a necessity and there’s no guarantee he’ll be anything like the player he was.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#529 » by Impuniti » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:11 pm

wco81 wrote:I wonder whom they’d have signed if Boogie didn’t call up.

Cousins was going to be a luxury but now probably a necessity and there’s no guarantee he’ll be anything like the player he was.

At this point, he can't be worse than what's been playing this season.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#530 » by Kuya » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:27 am

Austin Rivers is now a FA

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#531 » by Mylie10 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:02 pm

Rivers is a Melo type of cancer
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#532 » by Coxy » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:55 pm

Do we get some sort of injury concession because of D Jones season ending injury? We need that roster spot.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#533 » by Quazza » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:16 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Rivers is a Melo type of cancer

I can't believe he was on 12mil this year

"THANKS DAD!!"
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#534 » by Mylie10 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:05 pm

Coxy wrote:Do we get some sort of injury concession because of D Jones season ending injury? We need that roster spot.

I've been wondering that myself
Khoee wrote “
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#535 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Coxy wrote:Do we get some sort of injury concession because of D Jones season ending injury? We need that roster spot.

I don't believe so. The Warriors haven't officially said Jones is out for the season, and theoretically a 6-month recovery timeline could get him back for the finals. I doubt this is something that they're pursuing, or that the league would grant, unless something goes demonstrably wrong in Jones' rehab. (Note: I'm not saying I don't think they should - I would try it - but I think this is what's going to happen.)
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#536 » by Impuniti » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:23 pm

Just saw Melo tweet to KD and Steph. If Bob actually signs him, he deserves to get fired by the end of the day.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#537 » by Quazza » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:15 am

Impuniti wrote:Just saw Melo tweet to KD and Steph. If Bob actually signs him, he deserves to get fired by the end of the day.

yeah posted the tweet, then he deleted it. Weird
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#538 » by Coxy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:44 pm

Melo for the minumum???

If he agreed to a 12 minute per game role, he'd be a decent corner 3 guy surely?

Snap out of Coxy you wanker!!
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#539 » by Impuniti » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:05 pm

Coxy wrote:Melo for the minumum???

If he agreed to a 12 minute per game role, he'd be a decent corner 3 guy surely?

Snap out of Coxy you wanker!!

No, he wouldn't. He's one of the worst defenders in the league, awful shooter, no team concept and doesn't offer anything than taking tough contested shots that he can no longer make at an efficient clip.
wco81
RealGM

Post#540 » by wco81 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:39 am

His shooting percentages have been declining.

Same age as Lebron, whose improved his distance shooting.

Return to Golden State Warriors