ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

User avatar
Quazza
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,919
And1: 1,137
Joined: Jul 04, 2008
 

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#781 » by Quazza » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:21 am

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Quazza wrote:
I always got the feeling it was because he came from money


Silver Spoon, light skin, isn't big or imposing. Nice.


Light skin? Is that really a thing?



it's ridiculous, but yeah really does seem to be a thing
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
I went to a game where Speedy Claxton started and played 40 minutes so everyone can suck my ass
Scoots1994
Rookie
Posts: 1,015
And1: 113
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#782 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:41 am

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Quazza wrote:
I always got the feeling it was because he came from money


Silver Spoon, light skin, isn't big or imposing. Nice.


Light skin? Is that really a thing?


On Steph's own youtube channel Joel Embiid talks about how all the light skinned guys can shoot. Yes, it's really a thing.
Samurai
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,316
And1: 1,701
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
     

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#783 » by Samurai » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:14 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Silver Spoon, light skin, isn't big or imposing. Nice.


Light skin? Is that really a thing?


On Steph's own youtube channel Joel Embiid talks about how all the light skinned guys can shoot. Yes, it's really a thing.

Isn't Embiid's own teammate, Ben Simmons, light-skinned? I mean, he can shoot....just not very well!
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 37,677
And1: 8,212
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#784 » by Mylie10 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:34 am

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Quazza wrote:
I always got the feeling it was because he came from money


Silver Spoon, light skin, isn't big or imposing. Nice.


Light skin? Is that really a thing?


It's not a huge thing, but it has come up on several occasions. Both Steph and Klay have been referenced for one reason or another. Just a slight disrespect. It really seemed to come up more in Steph's MVP campaigns.

But these dudes are so bad ass, and such good dudes, that it has gone away for the most part. They have full respect around the league, and anybody bringing that stuff up now is just hating.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 38,271
And1: 8,771
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#785 » by Coxy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:22 am

Weird ass culture.
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:but in a startling development the General board didn't agree.
Scoots1994
Rookie
Posts: 1,015
And1: 113
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#786 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:20 pm

Coxy wrote:Weird ass culture.


Yep.
Jester_
General Manager
Posts: 7,920
And1: 624
Joined: Mar 25, 2011

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#787 » by Jester_ » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:28 pm

Coxy wrote:Weird ass culture.


You have no idea :lol:
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 37,677
And1: 8,212
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#788 » by Mylie10 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:38 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:Weird ass culture.


You have no idea :lol:


You still in Canada Jester?

By the way, the entire world has culture issues. Hell you go block to block in any big city and you have culture swings.
xdrta+
Veteran
Posts: 2,743
And1: 1,868
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#789 » by xdrta+ » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:51 pm

To get back to Free Agent talk, the Warriors just signed Andrew Harrison to a training camp contract. He's #18 on their roster, so they have two more slots open for camp deals. The 18 include, 13 players on fully guaranteed contracts, two on non-guaranteed deals, and a pair on two-way deals. There's no room for Harrison to make the roster, and their 2-way slots are filled, so he's playing for a possible Santa Cruz contract.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 37,677
And1: 8,212
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#790 » by Mylie10 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:14 pm

To bad Harrison never learned to shoot. He's 6'6" and a pretty good defender back in the day. But the kid has never shot the ball really well for any significant time.

He's a true veteran though, so if he's really playing well in Santa Cruz, and God forbid there was a need for him because of injury, he's a guy who has lots of experience.
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 10,572
And1: 1,651
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#791 » by cdubbz » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:44 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:The melo thing not so much but the disrespect the Warriors (specifically Curry/Kerr) get is ridiculous.


Take the disrespect AS respect. It's much worse to be ignored and insignificant.


I disagree. Harden, Lebron, Russ, Kawhi are getting so much props but Curry doesn't amongst peers.

Who is ignored? Klay Thompson (left off 3rd team a NBA for Kemba), Bradely Beal maybe,
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Jester_
General Manager
Posts: 7,920
And1: 624
Joined: Mar 25, 2011

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#792 » by Jester_ » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:46 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:Weird ass culture.


You have no idea :lol:


You still in Canada Jester?

By the way, the entire world has culture issues. Hell you go block to block in any big city and you have culture swings.


I'm out in the Baltics nowadays - whole different can of cultural worms being the first black guy here in a thousand years :lol:
azwfan
General Manager
Posts: 8,886
And1: 1,500
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#793 » by azwfan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:50 pm

Looks like Toscano-Anderson gonna be in camp with us. JTA's a rebounder and a defender. Poor shooter. 6'6", 215lbs. He was on our SL team and if memory serves, looked ok. Also played with Santa Cruz last year.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 37,677
And1: 8,212
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#794 » by Mylie10 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:22 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
You have no idea :lol:


You still in Canada Jester?

By the way, the entire world has culture issues. Hell you go block to block in any big city and you have culture swings.


I'm out in the Baltics nowadays - whole different can of cultural worms being the first black guy here in a thousand years :lol:


Lol... nice!
Swift21
General Manager
Posts: 8,018
And1: 185
Joined: Jan 05, 2004

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#795 » by Swift21 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:53 pm

I was hoping we could sign Wilson Chandler. Looks like we dodged a bullet.
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 10,572
And1: 1,651
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#796 » by cdubbz » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:50 am

Really wish we did Vince Carter a full circle career and him play his final season with the team that drafted him in 1998.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Scoots1994
Rookie
Posts: 1,015
And1: 113
Joined: Jun 24, 2018
       

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#797 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:24 pm

cdubbz wrote:Really wish we did Vince Carter a full circle career and him play his final season with the team that drafted him in 1998.


Nah. His defense was bad 15 years ago and it hasn't been getting better with age.
shazam_guy
Analyst
Posts: 3,689
And1: 344
Joined: Feb 03, 2009

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#798 » by shazam_guy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:45 pm

Just the idea of adding Melo to a rebuilding/reloading team, with all of his difficulty fitting into every other lineup he's been in since Denver, makes me queasy.

Yes, the Warriors don't get respect, but that's mostly because they're an "outside shooting" team. Idiots like Barkley seem to have missed all the championships and records, because they can't believe a team that focuses on shooting, passing, and defense but isn't dominated by a "big man" is a real team. He would have felt the same way about the Spurs if they hadn't had Duncan.

The "light-skinned" stuff probably plays in too, not so much as something negative about the Warriors themselves, but a perception that they get more coverage and more praise because they "look more white."

It's all nonsense, of course. What matters are the numbers, and the numbers speak for themselves -- championships, stats, wins.
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 10,572
And1: 1,651
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#799 » by cdubbz » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:02 am

I wish we signed Tacko Fall. I would take him over Curry's step brother.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
ILOVEIT
General Manager
Posts: 9,837
And1: 1,542
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#800 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:12 am

Aside from Giannis or Anthony Davis...who could the Warriors acquire in a trade if they moved the core of DLO and top 5 pick? Any thoughts?
Welcome adopted Splash Bro Kevin Durant! Let it rain!

Return to Golden State Warriors